Perth Characters who are now deid!

25e Ainslie Place

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Heard today that the Legen that was Kung Fu Wullie Williamson died...buried already . Can somebody please confirm? A real Perth legend.......a fighting machine but an absolute gentleman in my opinion and never heard a bad word said about him!

I recall a night outside the Wheel inn when five of six punters thought they would have their fill....I stood there in awe after he laid them all out....admittedly they were drunk but they all attacked at the same time.

RIP

Yep can confirm Kung Fu Willie died. Also no so much Perth legends,but ma auld mucker Chris Smith (Celtic fan) worked many years in the Mallard then Royal, lost his fight with cancer aged 62 last Sunday. Ian "Nini" Gardener a regular in the Letham club also died recently

Sad times

• 3 weeks later...

I was walking up the N Inch a while back and saw a bench dedicated to Ashley Boothe. He used to play for Saints and was my old boss at the cooncil gairden squad. Alan Salisbury was also working at that that time. I know it's not exactly news but for me it just makes me feel a wee bit older.

I worked beside his daughter for a while last year. Saints meant an awful lot to her dad

• 2 months later...

Yes, Cristo. Wullie often drank in "The Retreat" previously "The Grill", Bee Barr, and "The Caledonian" previously "The Thistle"..  He used to go about on two walking sticks.   He used to live in Hunters in the 69's and 70's, then moved to North Muirton, Old Muirton.  Those days, he often drank in the Feus Hoose, Tay Motel and Corrina.  Loved football, horse racing and his books.  Used to play dominoes and pool.   I'm riginated from Blantyre/Hamilton area.

His funeral is on Thursday.

Edited by Fair Maid

• 3 weeks later...

Les Muirison passed away today.big Saints fan.RIP

Really Sad news :sad: Les was a lovely guy. Massive Saintee.  Spent some time with him on our European adventures in the last few years. He made some really close bonds with our Eskisehir friends who I know are absolutely gutted to hear of his passing. RIP Les. :sad: 

Edited by Lt. Col Kojak Slaphead II

• 5 months later...