It's All Swankie's Fault

SaintSam1884

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Swankie frustrates the hell out of me because he clearly has the ability but doesn't apply himself enough.

The kind of relentless abuse described above is highly counter-productive. We've all had a go at players during games but to do it before someone's even kicked a ball or single one out when clearly not the worst is really poor.

All that said, I wouldn't be at all bothered if he left in January.

I wasn't basing it on this season alone. He has failed to play to his potential, for a sustained period, for most of his time at Saints. IMO Del knows he won't turn it on week in week out. He was the same at Dundee by all accounts.

Yes the whole team were poor today but Swankie was given lots of the ball in what should have been dangerous positions, for a guy with his ability, yet he didn't take his man on once. He was given lots of space today to put in a good performance, regardless of the rest of the team, but yet again let the chance go by.

Now I know you said you were at the game but I am wondering now.. At least twice in the first half Swankie did indeed take his man on and go past him on the outside and deliver a decent cross only for nobody to get on the end of it. Think hard now:shock:

Well if you don't base it on this season alone then can we say Deuchar is a cracking player cos over he last few seasons he has been exactly that. Sheerin too.Surely you can only base it on this season..Current form is everything...

I went to my bed for a couple of hours but due to a late tea I have indigestion and have had to get up again. The two hours has given me time to think and has led me to the conclusion that I was right the first time and you really are talking pish :wink:

Some of the comments shouted included:

"Swankie, you're f*cking p*sh"

"F*ck sake, Swankie, get the f*ck off the park"

"Swankie, get to f*ck"

"You're not a f*cking footballer Swankie"

"Cannot pass, cannot take a man on, utter p*sh".

"McInnes, get him off, he's sh*te"

We only sat infront of these people for the first thirty minutes or so of the game before deciding to sit somewhere else. I dread to think what he got in the second half! I think it's really, really sad to hear abuse like this directed at one of our players when he's not even the worst on the park. Chris Millar, for a start, was much worse than Swankie today. No other player gained a comment out of these people. It was just Swankie. Everything was down to Swankie. At one point, he was no-where near the ball and he was on the receiving end of abuse from them because he didn't move into the space they wanted him to to receive a pass. These people need to realise that not only is it unfair on the player, but it actually ruins other supporters' enjoyment of the game to sit and listen to them moan.

Doesn't matter how bad they are, shouldn't have to tolerate that pish from their own "support." Out of order and should be rightly condemned.

Emotions get the best of us all, but abusing our own players is not the answer.

It was probably his faither, one of our boys moved at half time because of the stick he was getting from him:laugh:

When I arrived 10 mins late for KO, I was already flustered. Took my seat to the left of the goal in the top half of stand to sit and listen to some prat slag him about his movement, his first touch, the studs he was wearing and also how the maroon strip looked shite on him.

Moved in the second half before I said something I regretted. There was a guy and his son giving him another roasting there.

Get behind that lad is what I say, absolutely ridiculous!!!

I am going to start telling people what I think of their support from this point on. It is really bad when my six year old asks me "What has he done wrong?"

Get behind that lad is what I say, absolutely ridiculous!!!

4 hours to get there Mike! You deserve some kind of award. I had a sore left thigh cos of using my clutch so bloody much. At least I only traveled from Stirling.

I was sitting there wondering why on earth I had paid £59.50 to get in and eat (for the three of us) and how dare Saints fail to turn up. I considered that maybe it was the fault of the stupid looking (on the players) new away strip. I thought how bad Main was, and how lazy Sammy looked compared to the week before. I had lots of bad thoughts about some of the team yesterday, not least of which was how we weren't able to beat a Kilmarnock side who were utter garbage and some of whose fans thought we would beat them cos of our reputation for playing good football. I kept all of it to myself. I still think that, but for idiotic goalkeeping, we would have gained a point or maybe even three. What does that say about Kilmarnock?

On here we can say what we like, and rightly so. But to shout abuse at people at the match doesn't help the team and can in no way be construed as support. There were worse performances than Swankie's yesterday. Far worse, and not a word said about it.

well, ok i agree that possiblely people should get off players backs, hovever name and shame them cause they dont share your views? they pay their £20 like anyone else, and im sure they will be scared cause ghosty and co dont agree, what u going to say to them like? your reply may be that of a punch in the face!

The abuse he was getting was ridiculous yesterday. He was nowhere near our worst performer and as has been said it's not his fault there was noone to get on the end of his good deliveries. I honestly don't know why a good preportion of our fans don't like him.

Think you may have walked past myself and monkfish getting out of the car in that wee side street along from the ground. Had the young lad with ye?
Yes that was I but I wisnae walking :wink:. Feck knows how 101 managed to get in before me when we were rubbing wheels for much of the tailback!!

Was it a crash that caused that???

Yes that was I but I wisnae walking :wink:. Feck knows how 101 managed to get in before me when we were rubbing wheels for much of the tailback!!

Was it a crash that caused that???

Aye but he's a Mansell remember. There was apparently an accident at some point further back but I think the insane weather (A9 near to Dunblane was aquaplane central) plus the new average speed cameras just past Cumbernauld kept the speed right down then of course all the Hibs/CBs traffic as you join the M8 until just after the Kingston Bridge.

Aye but he's a Mansell remember. There was apparently an accident at some point further back but I think the insane weather (A9 near to Dunblane was aquaplane central) plus the new average speed cameras just past Cumbernauld kept the speed right down then of course all the Hibs/CBs traffic as you join the M8 until just after the Kingston Bridge.
I went over the Forth Road Bridge being a smartarse. Was working a treat until 30 Miles fae kille - the next 10 mins took an hour and half.

Going over the Moors next time

Now I know you said you were at the game but I am wondering now.. At least twice in the first half Swankie did indeed take his man on and go past him on the outside and deliver a decent cross only for nobody to get on the end of it. Think hard now:shock:

Well if you don't base it on this season alone then can we say Deuchar is a cracking player cos over he last few seasons he has been exactly that. Sheerin too.Surely you can only base it on this season..Current form is everything...

I went to my bed for a couple of hours but due to a late tea I have indigestion and have had to get up again. The two hours has given me time to think and has led me to the conclusion that I was right the first time and you really are talking pish :wink:

You were sitting directly behind the goal in the bottom section of the stand :wink:

I don't remember him beating his man on the outside, if you say so fair enough. I do remember him getting the ball on numerous occasions, in good positions to drive at his man, and not doing that.

I'll eat humble pie if Swankie turns it on against Utd but I think we've had his few good games and wont see another decent performance for a while again.

My personal opinion on Swankie is that he has the natural talent and ability, is the best crosser we have but needs confidence, he wont attain that confidence with some of the abuse he takes.

I was sat in front of 5 guys yesterday that sound remarkably similar to the ones Sam described in the initial post, and as Sam says, it spoilt my enjoyment of an already crap afternoon.

Worst away support of the season yesterday, I'm not talking about numbers but we never got behind the team, I know it was our worst performance of the season but maybe that's no coincidence?! Fine, come on here after the games and debate with people who you thought was really gash and why but while they're on the park - GET BEHIND THE TEAM! YOU'RE TEAM NEEDS YOU!

I don't think this thread is designed to debate the merits of Swankie and the original poster might have been better not to mention the player in question as it takes away from the real issue, which is the attitude of some of our fan(nies).

A bit in front of me yesterday was some tramply looking fud with a beard who berated everyone and everything for 90 minutes. Thought he was going to have a heart attack at one point but unfortunately not.

It doesn't matter if it's Swankie, Anderson, Millar or anyone else, that sort of abuse for 90 minutes achieves absolutely nothing.

I'm not much of a Swankie fan but he certainly wasn't our worst player yesterday. I was quite impressed with the amount of effort he seemed to be putting in. Can't say I heard him getting much stick - I did hear some pretty OTT criticism of Samuel and Millar though (apparently, if the ball goes way over Samuel's head, 30 yards beyond him and into the arms of the opposition keeper, that makes Samuel a "lazy b******").

I don't think this thread is designed to debate the merits of Swankie and the original poster might have been better not to mention the player in question as it takes away from the real issue, which is the attitude of some of our fan(nies).

A bit in front of me yesterday was some tramply looking fud with a beard who berated everyone and everything for 90 minutes. Thought he was going to have a heart attack at one point but unfortunately not.

It doesn't matter if it's Swankie, Anderson, Millar or anyone else, that sort of abuse for 90 minutes achieves absolutely nothing.

Did the gentleman in question look like Talksport's Mike Parry?

If so then I used to sit in front of this guy when I was in the East Stand, I moved over to the Main Stand to get away from the t***

Did the gentleman in question look like Talksport's Mike Parry?

If so then I used to sit in front of this guy when I was in the East Stand, I moved over to the Main Stand to get away from the t***

Oh dear! I think I know who this is.

I now sit behind him in the East Stand.

If I'm right about who this is, he's from Dundee!