Pubs in Perth that are long gone

25e Ainslie Place

Where was Bob Gunns name rings a bell! gie yi half a tanner if yea tell me.

Thruppence? Ya cheap b******. In the South Street just off Princess Street. I'll take a cheque.

I think the other pub you mentioned was Corner Jock, or Blackfriars Bobby or Lassie Come Home or something like that.

Ya cheap b******!

Smudge (It was worth at least a tisharoon).

Thruppence? Ya cheap b******. In the South Street just off Princess Street. I'll take a cheque.

I think the other pub you mentioned was Corner Jock, or Blackfriars Bobby or Lassie Come Home or something like that.

Ya cheap b******!

Smudge (It was worth at least a tisharoon).

Is that the one that changed its name to the King Willow. If you are roond this way I'll gie yie a feed of muktuk:laugh:

Ah the memories here. My first pub pint was in the Vic in 1970s when I was 14. I also remember the High Level and the dingy one just round the corner, Lamplight was it?

The Grampian on Sunday afternoons. Robert Halpern made this daft burd crunch away on an onion thinking it was an apple. Ali Rennie pishin' himself laughin at some hypnotised guy gettin up to dance the CanCan hours after the show ended. Jane's ugly dug.

Tellin people ye didnae like to meet ye at the Friarton Inn.

Sex with some ginger haired Stanley lassie in the toilet at the Silver Broom.

The log bar in the Yorkie, and a mass brawl with the Craigie boys.

The Half a Tanner when it was the steeple.

Fighting half the Inchhead fitba team in the Sally after we won the Norrie Miller Cup.

The best of all - "CogieOke" at the Market bar with all the minkers dressed up to the nines "once ah wis afraiddddd - ah wis petri fy i i d"....brilliant days.

I started drinking in 1980 first in the The Vic after BB football, then the City sport club before the BB football. My first local was the Plough Inn. When it used to close at 2.30 on a Sun we would head down to the Waverly, to get a slagging fae Frankie Cadger for asking for crisps. Then upto Grampian for the strippers. The Grampian got stopped for a bit after a big battle one afternoon with some Dundee halfwits. The IN pubs in those days were CLACHAN RING O BELLS and the WINDSOR

I started drinking in 1980 first in the The Vic after BB football, then the City sport club before the BB football. My first local was the Plough Inn. When it used to close at 2.30 on a Sun we would head down to the Waverly, to get a slagging fae Frankie Cadger for asking for crisps. Then upto Grampian for the strippers. The Grampian got stopped for a bit after a big battle one afternoon with some Dundee halfwits. The IN pubs in those days were CLACHAN RING O BELLS and the WINDSOR

Plough was my local n'aw. Got caught by one o the Baxters trying to steal the piano from the ground floor, we had it halfway doon the lane towards Rannoch Rd before he sussed it. I didnae like the Clachan, too many minks for my liking, although the Windsor was always hoachin. You could always hide in the back bar if there wis some lassie ye didnae want tae see.

• 1 month later...
I started drinking in 1980 first in the The Vic

Seems like The Vic was the first place for drinking for a lot of us. We used to drink in the back bar and have "Gibby" as our barman. I'm surprised the copy of 'The House of the Rising Sun" in the Jukebox never wore out. Plenty forum members on here were part of that crowd. Those were the days

Seems like The Vic was the first place for drinking for a lot of us. We used to drink in the back bar and have "Gibby" as our barman. I'm surprised the copy of 'The House of the Rising Sun" in the Jukebox never wore out. Plenty forum members on here were part of that crowd. Those were the days

Used to go in there 67 68 69, had a great pint of lager Skol 2000, and the barmaid Sandra Blair was worth the visit alone

Kirkside had its fair share of junior drinkers in my youth. Was sitting in there one Saturday night before the dancing when big Simon the bobby walked in and went through to the wee lounge at the back by the time he came back through maybe five minutes there was a lot of empty chairs and unfinished drinks. I was legal by then but sure made me laugh