January Transfer Speculation Thread

john1962

Well the window isn't that far away and thought I would start a general thread rather than one specific to each individual.

Evening Times has us, among others, linked with Liam Buchanan of Thistle

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2534490.0.clubs_prepare_january_raid_for_buchanan.php

Thoughts?

Well the window isn't that far away and thought I would start a general thread rather than one specific to each individual.

Evening Times has us, among others, linked with Liam Buchanan of Thistle

http://www.eveningtimes.co.uk/sport/display.var.2534490.0.clubs_prepare_january_raid_for_buchanan.php

Thoughts?

To injury prone and although he can score goals he is veryhit and miss..

What about Mr Steven Dobbie? not seen him on a team line up for a while, not sure if he is injured or just not in the plans.

Partick would be after a huge few for Buchannan. He has had a great season this season after getting back to fitness, has scored a fair few points for my 1st division fantasy football team with goals and assists.

can we not sign a good defender as we have let in too many goals in the SPL. how about mark mc laughlin from hamilton?

Don't think its down to the defence to be honest. Watch the team once we take the lead. The strikers start playing in our own half and the defence are on the 18 yard line. We sit far too deep and don't seem to push on again until the opposition score. There are problems but I don't think it's as straight forward as getting another defender in. My one worry is Granny Danger's lack of pace. A pacy winger seems to have him every time

Don't think its down to the defence to be honest. Watch the team once we take the lead. The strikers start playing in our own half and the defence are on the 18 yard line. We sit far too deep and don't seem to push on again until the opposition score. There are problems but I don't think it's as straight forward as getting another defender in. My one worry is Granny Danger's lack of pace. A pacy winger seems to have him every time

I agree, I think its more our tactics and lapses in concentration that are behind our leaky defence.

spot on, we just seem to stop what we're doing when we take the lead, especially if its a 1-0 lead. we go totally flat, we did it most notably against well, hearts and hamilton.

think we need another left back

spot on, we just seem to stop what we're doing when we take the lead, especially if its a 1-0 lead. we go totally flat, we did it most notably against well, hearts and hamilton.

think we need another left back

It took us long enough to find and get a left-back in Grainger, so god knows how long it would take us to find another one :)

we have no proven SPL defenders in our squad. ie

mackay- firtst devision player for many years

rusty- first devsion player

gatland- irish league player

mccaffrey- free transfer from ICT (cause hes not gd enough)

anderson- free transfer from the arabs (not gd enough obv)

grainger- became thrid choice for the arabs so again not gd enough.

so basically not up 2 SPL quality.

we have no proven SPL defenders in our squad. ie

mackay- firtst devision player for many years

rusty- first devsion player

gatland- irish league player

mccaffrey- free transfer from ICT (cause hes not gd enough)

anderson- free transfer from the arabs (not gd enough obv)

grainger- became thrid choice for the arabs so again not gd enough.

so basically not up 2 SPL quality.

What a load of pish Tommy...

MacKay has played over 80 games in the SPL ..

Rusty made 53 appearances for Aberdeen in the SPL..

Gartland is a class act..

Caff has over 50 appearances in the SPL for ICT

Anderson is only 23 and is a decent player who will get better.

Grainger has played 30 plus SPL games and is only 23