January Transfer Speculation Thread

john1962

haha rite then

I don't know why he wasn't in the squad last week as he was apparently almost fit and had been playing bounce games (in which he was scoring). If Del doesn't want to bring him in yet then it could be a good thing him getting at least a couple of games in a competitive enviroment to get him back up to speed proper.

I don't know why he wasn't in the squad last week as he was apparently almost fit and had been playing bounce games (in which he was scoring). If Del doesn't want to bring him in yet then it could be a good thing him getting at least a couple of games in a competitive enviroment to get him back up to speed proper.

After his late appearance today he should be back in contention now you would think.

Not a rumour by any means but I'd love to see us try and get Dobbie on loan from Swansea in January, since he's out of the picture there, assuming he's still in shape. He's never really had a run in the SPL, so they might be keen to see him step up (from the First Division) to that level to get him going.

Not a rumour by any means but I'd love to see us try and get Dobbie on loan from Swansea in January, since he's out of the picture there, assuming he's still in shape. He's never really had a run in the SPL, so they might be keen to see him step up (from the First Division) to that level to get him going.

I said that earlier in this thread, or another one, think someone said he is out with broken ribs or a similar injury.

I said that earlier in this thread, or another one, think someone said he is out with broken ribs or a similar injury.

I see he's got an ankle injury at the moment but he'd been available since the middle to end of October after the rib injury and hadn't been involved. There seem to be at least a couple of strikers ahead of him in the pecking order. I'm sure he'll want to crack it down in England and probably still has a chance but he's got another couple of years there and six months in the SPL might be a good option.

Other than that, I'll mention the guy Rodriguez at Burnley again.

i like the sound of that, getting him on loan.

I see he's got an ankle injury at the moment but he'd been available since the middle to end of October after the rib injury and hadn't been involved. There seem to be at least a couple of strikers ahead of him in the pecking order. I'm sure he'll want to crack it down in England and probably still has a chance but he's got another couple of years there and six months in the SPL might be a good option.

Didn't think you would have been short on the correct information so thanks for the correction :)

I concur.

i think swanks and sheerin will go at least and who is a realisic target or targets in january for us to bring in

Wonderful player but clearly not going to feature a huge amount in the SPL. Seems a bit of a shame if he isn't getting a game & he also no longer coaches the U17's. Would be sad if he went as he's still got the skill to come on and do something special but I could understand if he wanted to move on into coaching/playing a division or 2 down.

id like us to try and shore up our defence as i think thats were we are weakest as we are scoring goals but conceed to many get that sorted and we will be ok

weesainty spot on i said that weeks ago but some people dont see that are they going to the games. i really hope we go for mark mclaughin said this for weeks now too. what about going for keith hanlon as well because hes not getting a game for hibs

i think we need a bobo balde type player who wont be easy to bundle off the ball

and then hammer the ball a mile up the pitch. The whole reason Strachan dropped him from his team was because he wouldn't pass the ball. He's the last type of player we need.

We need a strong striker with the ability to push defenders about and a new left-back. (Kyle and Wallace would be perfect! :laugh:)

I believe he has another injury in a reserve game at Notts Forest - not sure if its long term tho.