January Transfer Speculation Thread

john1962

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! u dont know wot your talking about. if we keep getting beat the punters will not be there i can assure u that even if we get beat 5-4 every week cause we will b bottom of the league. there must be saints supporters with footballing knowledge that know its about winning not entertainment sometimes

Our defending has been poor on a whole some games we are looking shambolic at the back and thats the area we need to improve/ add to in my opinion.

There's a difference between the defending being poor and the defenders being poor.

There's no doubt we've missed the organisation Rutkiewicz gives us, Alan Main's been at fault for a good few goals and there's been a few odd tactical decisions at times.

I reckon the guys at the back are good enough for most bottom six clubs

Our defending has been poor on a whole some games we are looking shambolic at the back and thats the area we need to improve/ add to in my opinion.

i would have to agree with you iv been speaking about the problem all night but all the saints fans appart from mike this evening cant see that we have a serious problem in defence. how can we sort it

Its been said elsewhere that we are defending too deep. I wonder if this is the strategy because we were raped against Motherwell and the lack of pace on both flanks.......

At the risk of sounding very smug (perish the thought), I've been saying that for ages.

Although I wasn't at the Well game, it was our right side that was the problem. I forget the number of times Cup Tie was beaten but it was hopless. 5 times in the first if I recall correctly.

is it not the defenders job 2 stop letting shots on target rangers defenders r all internationals class thats why mcgregor has only 15% cause he dosent get half the shots main gets. mark mclaughlin from hamilton i think saints r a bigger club than them and hes spl quality. and i think van zanten would help hes still young and played for scotland under 21 hes only singed 2 morton untill january.

So we should sign a first division player even though you just slated our defence for being first division:roll:

Scotland under 21 counts for feck all; I give you Cameron and McLean. Not players, yer both capped.

I'm not happy with the defensive line-up that Del selects but the following is good enough for fifth/sixth in the SPL:

Irvine-Anderson-Gartland-Grainger

i totally agree with irvine back in the team but grainger seems a bit of a lialbility. the team we have just now could we try and fit it in to a 3-4-1-2 smith

anderson rusty gatlin

irvine hardie morris craig

davidson

sammy milne when hes fit

i totally agree with irvine back in the team but grainger seems a bit of a lialbility. the team we have just now could we try and fit it in to a 3-4-1-2 smith

anderson rusty gatlin

irvine hardie morris craig

davidson

sammy milne when hes fit

We don't need three centre-halves to cope with the SPL!!

That looks like a McInnes line-up, you dinnae live in Renfrewshire do you?

I'm not happy with the defensive line-up that Del selects but the following is good enough for fifth/sixth in the SPL:

Irvine-Anderson-Gartland-Grainger

Gordy!how you can leave out the CLUB captain and the only defender with organisational skills blows me away man, Tommy!We are only just finished the first quarter of the season and whist not briliant the points tally is not a dissaster, the defence will learn and WILL benefit from the return to the team of rustybits and his ability to organise the defence, remember also that Smith has just recently gained his place and after he beds in with the defence that can only help, lets also not forget that defending is not just about the four at the back!!, and the midfielders and forwards are part of defending in there areas of the park when we are under attack!!I do believe that we have the player sboth defensive and attack who will keep us up On the defence i would dissagree with 101's choice of 4 (no surprise there)but it would be Mackay-rusty-Caff- Grainger, first back up Garts, in my opinion i would not let Ando anywhere near the first team unless we are really stuck(Time bomb)Irvine has work to do to replace Mackay who has been excellent and after a stuttery start has settled into the r/b slot with ease,Rusty has admmitted he needs games, and will shine when he has, especially with Caff at his side, Grainger is still learning and will get better with the more games he plays!!For those having a dig at the Doc!!Roddy took 19 games to get his first goal and he's a hero now!!ONCE the Doc sticks one in he will get a barrow load!!!!

Tommy , who's your old man?? pm me mate!!

Our club captain should not get a start unless on merit. He doesn't merit a start in my eyes. Would you have allowed sicknote to play last year given what we now know?

Aye but you cant really connect Rusty and Lurch!! Can you, Del cant afford to leave a fit Rusty out of the team for many reasons, some i stated in past post!!

anderson rusty gatlin irvine hardie morris craig

davidson

sammy milne when hes fit

Who is this guy GATLIN... Did he not invent a machine gun???