Perthshire Advertiser

THE LARK SAINT

I commented on it as well...it was really dark and could have easily lost track of my 6 year old laddie...mind you, that was maybe because I was concentrating on lighting my ciggie :neutral:

Wouldnae write to the paper about it mind :roll:

Are you sure it wisnae the other way round.....the 6 year old was trying to lose track of you. I would have, if i were him!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

Read, sorry look at the PA online. Personally the paper is c***, last time i bought it, i reckoned if it wasnt for the court reporting, there would be nothing. In fact it couldnt be called "Two minute Silence" as it would leave you with maybe 1 1/2 minutes to spare! ;-)

• 2 years later...

What happened with today's PA and Saints

Steve Lomas on the front page at the club golf day.

A show racisim the red card at McDiarmid Park feature and picture on page 2

Players featured on page 7 as the club are to support the kilt run

Liam Craig school visit featured on page 10 at Viewlands school

Match report 2 pages from the back page

Steve Lomas interview on the back page.

Now who says the club does not do PR!

What happened with today's PA and Saints

Steve Lomas on the front page at the club golf day.

A show racisim the red card at McDiarmid Park feature and picture on page 2

Players featured on page 7 as the club are to support the kilt run

Liam Craig school visit featured on page 10 at Viewlands school

Match report 2 pages from the back page

Steve Lomas interview on the back page.

Now who says the club does not do PR!

I agree, the club do a lot of great work in the communnity, however they do not do enough to highlight this.

They should be highlighting all this good work through the official site, facebook, twitter and media. I noticed that Saints are holding a "Festival of Football" at McDiarmid today, whereby 300 kids are taking part in activities on the astroturf and pitch. This is superb, but if I hadnt noticed this on twitter, then I would have known nothing about this! Also, I know Saints work closely with organsations such as Show Racism the Red Card and Mental Health Charities, yet we very rarely hear about this.

Come on Saints, start shouting all this good news from the rooftops, show the vital work that you do in the local communnity!

• 7 months later...

Trinity Mirror own Scottish and Universal Newspapers, as well as the Daily Record and Sunday Mail. They are all now part of a group called Media Scotland and share vast amounts of content between them.

local papers not just in perth are vital.

The PA our local newspaper has been getting more expensive whilst the content has been more banal  over the past few years.I wonder are the owners in this case trinity mirror really interested in local newspapers or running them down.

local papers not just in perth are vital.

The PA our local newspaper has been getting more expensive whilst the content has been more banal  over the past few years.I wonder are the owners in this case trinity mirror really interested in local newspapers or running them down.

It is what it says `Advertiser`. It should be free as all you get is adverts.

• 2 weeks later...

Jamie or anyone

Do you know if it's possible to get back copies of the PA online? I think not, I've searched a bit and not come up with anything. I'd also be interested in the Strathearn Herald if that has ever been digitised.

Try typing in "The Paper Boy" into a search engine of your choice. http://www.thepaperboy.com/uk/

Pick the UK paper part and then there's a sidebar for Scottish Papers, click on that then scroll down to Strathearn Herald.

Double click on that.

Then click on Strathearn Herald

• 3 years later...

Was that 40 pages of adverts?

Courier & Sunday Post I believe are about to up their prices again, Telegraph has gone up recently and others will follow soon.

I can't understand why they can't see that every time they raise their prices sales take another hit!!

I would hazard an educated guess that newspaper sales have halved in the last 5 years and prices near doubled.

PA's on-line content is dreadful as it's now on a Glasgow / WestofScotland oriented site. I miss the BDM part and now rely on Fazman on this site to keep us up to date with who's deid. Just wonder how many journalists are on the books?

Newspapers are now between a rock and a hard place. Advertising and Google generated stuff has changed the way papers get their income. Mail On Line survives by advertising and PR related "topless" type photos of so called celebrities. 

Fake news and rehashed PR gush is now going to be the main thing. 

You guys need to start exploring alternative media online. The truth is out there - buzz feed, huffington post, wings over Scotland etc, many many to choose from. The tabloidisation of MSM (including, and perhaps especially, the BBC) is nearly complete. It's all lies, fake news and click bait for the hard of thinking, and it's doomed.