World cup finals 2010......

bobby kemp

• Replies 424
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Howard Webb cheats Holland out of a fair chance.Neither side was brilliant but his poor decisions made it hard.The bookings were uneven.All the Spanish players left the pitch but only Iniesta booked for his shirt????? Poor Poor Poor not an even playing field. A Breakaway goal after all these games pish poor.

afaik that is the right decision, to book the player who leads them off.

i do agree it wasnt a good game from the ref but to say he cheated the dutch is wrong.

scotland will take 6 points fae them. Nae bother

Heres hoping! Alan Hansen and all the rest of the English dicks who have slagged Spain all tournament for under-performing changed right round tonight. A pretty poor final but I am amazed that we are supposed to believe it was one sided! Lets hump them at Hampden.

Cheated themselves and everybody watching by being so negative and overly physical

How? If you try and take Spain on at their own game you'll get humped. Holland had a game plan and it worked fantastically for 115minutes. (I would hope, and expect, that Scotland will apply a similar game plan against Spain in the 2012 Qualifiers.) On a sadder note, Howard Webb's performance was horrific. Lost the plot before half time.

How? If you try and take Spain on at their own game you'll get humped. Holland had a game plan and it worked fantastically for 115minutes. (I would hope, and expect, that Scotland will apply a similar game plan against Spain in the 2012 Qualifiers.) On a sadder note, Howard Webb's performance was horrific. Lost the plot before half time.

What's the difference between having a go and losing by a couple in a world cup final or strangling the life out of the game and losing to a goal 4 mins from the end of extra time? End result is you are still watching the other team celebrating!

Totally agree about Scotland though :laugh:

What's the difference between having a go and losing by a couple in a world cup final or strangling the life out of the game and losing to a goal 4 mins from the end of extra time? End result is you are still watching the other team celebrating!

Totally agree about Scotland though :laugh:

Everyone has different views. Watching Spain for the last month has been mind numbingly boring for me. They have had a lot of the ball but their play has never really looked liked going anywhere. They have won the World Cup with the fewest goals of ANY World Cup winners ever and without David Villa I don't think they would have made it to the final. I love a team that sits back and kicks the opposition up and down the pitch for 90 minutes.

On a sadder note, Howard Webb's performance was horrific. Lost the plot before half time.

What rubbish! If anything, Webb should have been harsher on the Dutch player who kicked Alonso in the chest. I dont think you can blame the referee for the Dutch players' tackles - he couldnt let them go. Missed the corner that Holland should have got but apart from that I dont think Webb made that many bad decisions.

What rubbish! If anything, Webb should have been harsher on the Dutch player who kicked Alonso in the chest. I dont think you can blame the referee for the Dutch players' tackles - he couldnt let them go. Missed the corner that Holland should have got but apart from that I dont think Webb made that many bad decisions.

Totally agree Dooj, the Dutch came out the blocks looking for it and Webb gave it to them, good on him, thought he played well and did what he needed to do, started strong and finished strong.

I thought the Dutch knew they were getting out-passed and so started fouling. Disappointing compared to the great Dutch teams of the past. On the other hamnd Spain were the best team in South Africa even after a poor start and deserve to be World Champions because they've played that way for four years and have a great squad. The seemingly great Spanish Premiership players didn't get starting places and the manager stood by that plus Spain has around seven potential great goalkeepers. Great to know they're coming to Hampden. :shock:

Totally disagree with you about Webb, the players on both sides were a disgrace to football tonight. The final of the World Cup the pinacle of the sport and players were diving, going in studs up of the ground, reckless tackles and tring to get players booked and sent off.

Webb apart from not sending off De Jong was right in near enough everything he did as far as I could see, and on the De Jong tackle he was on the other side from behind Alonso i think, so in this case a bit of help from one of the other four officals would have been nice. As I said the players were a disgrace last night, 15 yellows and a red is terrible behaviour.

If Webb had sent off two dutch players by half time, he would still be critisied for rueing the world cup final, so he cannot win in that situation.

Totally disagree with you about Webb, the players on both sides were a disgrace to football tonight. The final of the World Cup the pinacle of the sport and players were diving, going in studs up of the ground, reckless tackles and tring to get players booked and sent off.

Webb made the decision in the first 10 minutes that every mis-timed tackle was going to result in a booking. That didn't help the game at all as everyone was then looking for a booking at every single foul.

The De Jong "tackle" wasn't pretty, but De Jong was watching the ball and although you couldn't have argued with a red card, it would have been slightly unfortunate. De Jong and Van Bommel were probably lucky to stay on the pitch but Puyol rugby tackled Robben when he was the last man and got away with it.

In the second half of extra time, every time there was a foul Webb was checking to see if the player had been booked and if they had, let them away with it, and if they hadn't they would get booked. Perfect example being when Robben kicked the ball away (without getting booked) and then 5 minutes later Xavi did exactly the same thing and got booked. Just like the England national team, Webb was awful.

Webb made the decision in the first 10 minutes that every mis-timed tackle was going to result in a booking. That didn't help the game at all as everyone was then looking for a booking at every single foul.

The De Jong "tackle" wasn't pretty, but De Jong was watching the ball and although you couldn't have argued with a red card, it would have been slightly unfortunate. De Jong and Van Bommel were probably lucky to stay on the pitch but Puyol rugby tackled Robben when he was the last man and got away with it.

In the second half of extra time, every time there was a foul Webb was checking to see if the player had been booked and if they had, let them away with it, and if they hadn't they would get booked. Perfect example being when Robben kicked the ball away (without getting booked) and then 5 minutes later Xavi did exactly the same thing and got booked. Just like the England national team, Webb was awful.

The bookings in the first ten minutes were bookings, dosent matter if its minute 1 or minute 51 a yellow is a yellow. If you have to book 15 players then you need to do it, as I said earlier the players were a farse and a disgrace.

The Robben decision was correct as well am afraid, Puyol pulled him back, but Robben then collected the balls took three strides with the ball, then ran clumsily into Ikea Cas, If Robben wanted a freekcik he either should have dived like he usually does or should have stopped playing, he got the ball mucked it up and then once he realised he has mucked it up then wanted the free kick.

Robben said he had been put off balance but the replays top me show he had perfect control of the ball.

I will however concede that Robben should have went for kicking the ball away, and letting him off was very lenient. Webb for me put in a good shift under the pressure of the biggest game in the world with players hell bent on giving him hell.