Your Auld School Teachers - Like and Dislike

25e Ainslie Place

Cowie also got a doing off one of the geds who got his older relatives in for handers. Utter wankers for teaming up to hit a man who was probably about 60 when I was there. What years were you there Andy Rhodes fancy watch?

I remember Cowie doing his nut at morning assembly when he read out the school teams various sports results and somebody laughed at the absolute trouncings they always seemed to get. :laugh:

85-91 , school teams were banned while i was there , certainly football , after a battle at blairgowrie .

I've previously posted about Neilson. He was the head of music at the Grammar. He spent the rest of his days at the Academy, as he retired recently, he would have been a very young head of music when with the Grammar. Apparently he and his wife were moving to the Scottish Borders.

Another teacher to leave the Grammar for the Academy was Mr McLaren (English teacher), also Miss Greenaway (maths).

• 2 months later...
Guest Mongy Max

He came back to the Academy near the end of the previous school year (2011-2012) to teach one of the higher classes for 2 weeks, which i was in. Good Teacher.

The guy was a proper w ank and a bully of the highest order.

Pinned me to the wall by my throat so I threw a hockey stick at him!! Chunt

Caley Road had some ace teachers - Mrs Cluckey, Miss Grainger and Munrosey and jim the heidmaster.

High School - Erchie Hogg nnnnggggg ya chooooob. Psycho Hunter in history was does, I learnt **** all history as we chatted football! Mrs Miller in English, the original cougar! I remember Mr Pate doing set pieces training one day adn just stood raking free kick after free kick into the top corner!

Edited by Mongy Max

Loving this thread!

Mr Hannah was my fave, Physics teacher, and always good for banter. RIP though, passed away on October holidays a few years back from what I was told.

Barker was known as the strictest teacher, although looking back I wish I had him as i might have concentrated on my work.

Mr Ford PMSL at him now, always looking for his glasses when they were on his head LAUGH OUT LOUD

• 2 months later...

From yesterdays (Wednesday 13th February) Courier.

AT Crieff Hospital, on Sunday, February 10, 2013, Frank P. Cowie (formerly of Perth Grammar School), loving husband of Lorna, much loved father of Christine, Frances and Philip and dear granpa of Alistair, Fraser, Lachlan, Duncan, Isla, Calum and Flora. Service of Thanksgiving at Perth Crematorium on Tuesday, February 19, at 12.30 p.m., to which all family and friends are invited. Family flowers only, please. If desired, donations may be made at the Crematorium to Alzheimer's Research and Christian Aid. COWIE

• 3 weeks later...

never had a problem with Cowie when i was at PGS, although there were plenty of stories of his "old school" methods.

To be fair, they always seemed to be the same kids who didnt want to be at school in the first place. Equally they seemed to have little or any parental guidance as to why an education might be a good thing

never had a problem with Cowie when i was at PGS, although there were plenty of stories of his "old school" methods.

To be fair, they always seemed to be the same kids who didnt want to be at school in the first place. Equally they seemed to have little or any parental guidance as to why an education might be a good thing

How very true. Can still picture him striding along the corridor in the old building.

Mrs Doig (Sweaty Betty), Geography, Perth Grammar. Another academic gown wearer. Some size of a woman. One morning, Mr Anderson (Hos) arrived and she very politely greeted him, he handed her a slip of paper, she politely thanked him, and he left. However, what was on the slip of paper, wasn't to her liking,and it went in the bin. The look of anger on her face....

lesson number four

beat insolence with Cowie, Jennings, Webb and Rodderick

lesson number 5565

FUQUE SCHOOL

andy, if that is true, i truely hope the teaching profession has long since moved on. as i said my experiences were completely different.

Can i ask what you had done to warrant such punishment? (not that 4 teachers beating you is ever a reasonable punishmenmt)

I remember there used to be a publication called the 'Football Scot'......there was a double page spread on Saints and I remember reading it and getting caught in class.. on the day the teacher grabbed it out of my hands rolled it up and started hitting me over the head with it. It was like a pound of mince by the time she was finished...Jim Pearson's feather cut ended up like a crew cut!!! I was gutted as it wasn't even my mag! I then had to find the 10p it cost to replace it.....back in the day 10p was worth something haha...mate was less than happy with me all the same! Ha

From yesterdays (Wednesday 13th February) Courier.

AT Crieff Hospital, on Sunday, February 10, 2013, Frank P. Cowie (formerly of Perth Grammar School), loving husband of Lorna, much loved father of Christine, Frances and Philip and dear granpa of Alistair, Fraser, Lachlan, Duncan, Isla, Calum and Flora. Service of Thanksgiving at Perth Crematorium on Tuesday, February 19, at 12.30 p.m., to which all family and friends are invited. Family flowers only, please. If desired, donations may be made at the Crematorium to Alzheimer's Research and Christian Aid. COWIE

Ruthless wee fecker .