Your Auld School Teachers - Like and Dislike

25e Ainslie Place

I live opposite a primary school and some of the teachers working there are awesome. Teachers don't dress like they did when I was at school, One came out the other day in a tiny pair of shorts, tights and knee high boots :razz:
I think its because we are all getting older, and certainly in 101's case, more desperate!!! be interesting to hear how 13/14 years olds view their teachers.

My 6 year old has had two fairly foxy primary teachers so far. I love parent evenings. :oops::laugh::laugh:

I think its because we are all getting older, and certainly in 101's case, more desperate!!! be interesting to hear how 13/14 years olds view their teachers.

My 6 year old has had two fairly foxy primary teachers so far. I love parent evenings. :oops::laugh::laugh:

I think as a rule, Primary school teachers tend to be better looking than secondary ones. I had one good looking teacher when i was at High School, which is a shame because you don't appreciate them in primary school! :laugh:

Bunter got it bad from my year after a few accusations of him touching school kids, Mr Hamilton always spat in your face while he spoke and Mrs MacPherson was crazy, Mr Hunter (history) was probably my favourite along with Miss Taylor from english ;)

Dougie the art teacher?

I met him a few months back up in Aviemore at the Thunder In The Glens motorbike gathering. Was sporting an outrageous leather cap. Seemed quite the American Badass.

Edited by Derek Patterson

Me- he is or was a mad Forfar fan.

I see he is still teaches at St Johns Academy is it's now called.

I remember he took our School team to see Scotland v Argentina, (1978 I think?) It was Maradonas first game on these shores...

he has to be the worst teacher ever i am at the school at the momment he shouts at u like ure deaf all the time and spits on your aswell

Best teachers at Perth grammar during my time = mrs cathy Clifford, mr jock Reid, mr rawlinson(PE), mr lumsden (sciences) mrs brodie (art) and mr Angus Campbell Taylor (history).

Not so good ains = Ms Forsyth (languages), mrs Campbell (art), mrs whatley (English)

Any one mind oh Ned Hunter and Hodge from The Academy???? couple of right bas......rds!!!

Ned Hunter was a sadist in extremis. Alastair Hodge was actually one of my favourite teachers along with Henry Neil and Marjory McDonald - well I did eventually go on to pursue a musical career! Alastair passed on a few years ago, and I believe Ned Hunter is no longer with us either. The guy I thought was a complete t**pot was the French teacher with the kilt and beard - can't remember his name. Pompous git of a man.

Our Academy year was down at the Goodlyburn building for First and Second Years. Some teachers I remember there were 1) Kurt Liebscher - a histrionic Austrian physics teacher who looked like he'd been dragged through a hedge. 2) A guy called Rae, also physics, whose nichname was "Dozy". Every change of period, folk would smack on his class door and wall shouting his nickname and run away. Rebels they were I tell you, rebels...

Ned Hunter was a sadist in extremis. Alastair Hodge was actually one of my favourite teachers along with Henry Neil and Marjory McDonald - well I did eventually go on to pursue a musical career! Alastair passed on a few years ago, and I believe Ned Hunter is no longer with us either. The guy I thought was a complete t**pot was the French teacher with the kilt and beard - can't remember his name. Pompous git of a man.

Our Academy year was down at the Goodlyburn building for First and Second Years. Some teachers I remember there were 1) Kurt Liebscher - a histrionic Austrian physics teacher who looked like he'd been dragged through a hedge. 2) A guy called Rae, also physics, whose nichname was "Dozy". Every change of period, folk would smack on his class door and wall shouting his nickname and run away. Rebels they were I tell you, rebels...

Dr Russell

Mr Rodgers (Maths) at Perth Academy was the best teacher I had. Head and shoulders above all the rest.

Absolutely agree 100%. I never did have a mind for Maths, but that guy single handedly got me through my higher after I'd completely flunked the prelim. He decided to give me a chance and let me sit it bacuse he believed I could pass, when even I didn't think I could.

:oops:

As usual, I get to come in with people no one has heard of, but the thread brought back memories of teachers good and bad. Good and and bad being relative terms since teachers were generally one person in the classroom and completely different outside of school.

I remember Shug Bailley from Perth High who could be seen every Sauturday night staggering down the South Street, drunk as a lord. He taught science.

"Ma" Borland from Goodlyburn was a fine woman. She always wore an academic gown and on a windy day she was right out of Macbeth.

The Headmaster at Goodlyburn was George Clark(e?). He was the most encouraging man I ever met, always urging kids to do their best and rewarding them when they did, even if it was just with a quiet compliment.

Also a good teacher was a man called Mr. Cluckie. He would read to us and he would do all the voices from the likes of Treasure Island and he made the subject exciting.

The one I disliked the most was a short-arsed little egomaniac who taught P.E. at PHS. His name was Wilson and he took a perverse pleasure in humiliating the weak. He introduced himself to each year's intake by throwing the belt on the gym floor, so that should say it all.

Hector the Rector (PHS) looked, to quote Tom Hanks, like 'a penis with a hat on'.

My P.E. teacher at Goodlyburn also played for Brechin City but I remember him only as Jim, a good man and a tremendous gymnast.

Most of them will be gone now, I suppose, but good or bad, most of them managed to teach me something.

Smudge

You must have been there same time as me, 1st and 2cd year at Goodlyburn too, infact first year of the"new" comprehesive education system!! When i went there 2,3,4,5,and 6th years were all still old school, thrown straight in from a country primary school, reall scarey stuff!1 no transition days and stuff like that in those days!!

As usual, I get to come in with people no one has heard of, but the thread brought back memories of teachers good and bad. Good and and bad being relative terms since teachers were generally one person in the classroom and completely different outside of school.

I remember Shug Bailley from Perth High who could be seen every Sauturday night staggering down the South Street, drunk as a lord. He taught science.

"Ma" Borland from Goodlyburn was a fine woman. She always wore an academic gown and on a windy day she was right out of Macbeth.

The Headmaster at Goodlyburn was George Clark(e?). He was the most encouraging man I ever met, always urging kids to do their best and rewarding them when they did, even if it was just with a quiet compliment.

Also a good teacher was a man called Mr. Cluckie. He would read to us and he would do all the voices from the likes of Treasure Island and he made the subject exciting.

The one I disliked the most was a short-arsed little egomaniac who taught P.E. at PHS. His name was Wilson and he took a perverse pleasure in humiliating the weak. He introduced himself to each year's intake by throwing the belt on the gym floor, so that should say it all.

Hector the Rector (PHS) looked, to quote Tom Hanks, like 'a penis with a hat on'.

My P.E. teacher at Goodlyburn also played for Brechin City but I remember him only as Jim, a good man and a tremendous gymnast.

Most of them will be gone now, I suppose, but good or bad, most of them managed to teach me something.

Smudge

I also remember Hector the Rector Smudge and your 'Tom Hanks' description of him brought back some memories worth chuckling at.

Just had an old school friend over visiting and she reminded me of the grumpy auld b****** Mr.Gove.. He was an evil man. Once jabbed me in the guts for running in the concourse.Then when I complained he started roaring at me and that vein in his heed started pulsing like buggery. I thought he was gonna have a stroke but of course he never did.

Just had an old school friend over visiting and she reminded me of the grumpy auld b****** Mr.Gove.. He was an evil man. Once jabbed me in the guts for running in the concourse.Then when I complained he started roaring at me and that vein in his heed started pulsing like buggery. I thought he was gonna have a stroke but of course he never did.

that auld dodderer gave me and alan mckillop the belt for arm wrestling in the class.

samson fae the tech side was an auld headcase and a woodwork teacher called bulger wasnt right in the head but a laugh .

there was a maths bloke think he was called bryce used to like jabbing you in the ribs ,throwing chalk across the classroom at a victim.and he liked to say 'naturally with gay abandon ' a lot maybe he was a puff.