Your Auld School Teachers - Like and Dislike

25e Ainslie Place

He was my guidance teacher and he didn't have a clue.

I heard that Mr Hunter the music teacher left his wife and kids as he was gay, but its probably just a rumor.

He was indeed a strangegirth. For almost a year he was never in the class. I don't have a clue where he actually went. Everyone just pissed about playing guitar & going mental on the drum kit until Alzo Kellman came in to get abody to shut up. Can mind hearing someone found a huge stash of weed behind the fridge in the wee lounge up the stairs in the music dept.

I reckon you were at the Grammar the same time as me Chips. Mr Bruce (PE) used to famously say "I want to see all you boys in the showers afterwards." He had a habit of giving you a "helping hand" over the gymnastics vaults things.

Do you know a Craig Buchanan from Stanley, he'll be aged about 40 now? He was one of the heavy metal dudes, ginger hair.

Mr McAlpine, geography teacher AKA Donald Maxwell http://www.nationaloperastudio.org.uk/staffbiogs/maxwell.htm

Poor guy, he got a roasting from us, we even locked him in his own cupboard once. He was best known for his saying "Four columns" which he gave out as punishment instead of lines. If the columns weren't copied (and I only remember one person doing it) you got the belt.

Thank goodness he left teaching to become an opera singer cause he was not really teacher material. But a very nice man nonetheless. I was in second year when he left and, dear knows how we managed it (I think we would only have been 14), but we got him a bottle of spirits as a going away present.

I also remember him giving a rather fine farewell concert.

When I was at the Academy many years ago the Rector was a gentleman by the name of John Kerr he was one of those guys who gave you a look and you shet your drawers, had a Biology teacher Miss MacFarlane who was always sending us clowns to the Rector so we would go to the boys toilets and stick our hand into as hot water as possible rather than go to his office, One look at your bright red hand on return to class put a smirk on her face. But Kerr was a fair guy.

I reckon you were at the Grammar the same time as me Chips. Mr Bruce (PE) used to famously say "I want to see all you boys in the showers afterwards." He had a habit of giving you a "helping hand" over the gymnastics vaults things.

Do you know a Craig Buchanan from Stanley, he'll be aged about 40 now? He was one of the heavy metal dudes, ginger hair.

I remember we flatned him in a scrum we all decided when he through the ball in to charge him, we spent the rest of the term doing written worki

He was ye, we used to wind him up about Billy Dodds being a wee poof,

Add Mr Salisbury (English) to good ones he was excellent, he went with Miss Whatley and was/is a Saints fan,

Miss Ross (Music) was hot

Mr Salisbury and Mrs Whatley were married in one of the English classrooms (E10 I believe) by another teacher - Mr Sykes. I believe he holds whatever qualifications required to conduct a legal marriage ceremony...:shock:

Mrs Whatley's first husband was one of my mum's law lecturers at Dundee Yooooony at the same time Mrs Whatley was teaching me...which is around the same time she met Mr Salisbury...:roll:

Oh, and rumour has it that the afore mentioned Mr Bruce (PE) used to give the lads a 'Brucie Bonus' in the showers after PE...?

Mr Rushbury (tech) was a great teacher but died (heart attack iirc) during term time.

I remember Mr 'Budgie' Baxter too - he taught us Classical studies back in first year. Used to get the sh!t ripped out of him constantly. I believe he went off sick due to stress and then heard he'd gone to teach at yooony instead cos he couldn't handle teaching teenagers. Shame...

OMG reading this thread brings back memories,mr pandrich ran everywhere but great teacher mr hunter was a good 1 aswell, mr mclaren (pe)with his skillies was a hoot but my worst memory was mr mylcreest (think thats how to spell it)tech studies used for kinrossie amatures and i played against him and me being young then took all the winding up fom him i nutmegd him 2 piss him off then i reminded him i was once his pupil 2 years before we played yes i was very sore the next tackle.mr webb is a gentleman still says hello 2 me feck me i left school 17 years ago

Steve Mylchreest. He was at Perth High when I was there but left after a while. Never had him as a teacher but he always seemed to be a general purveyor of petulance whenever he was in the classroom next door.

He was teaching at Perth Grammar when i was a pupil. I was working at Perth Academy 4 years ago and he was teaching there at the time. He does look pretty glum all the time but is really quite a pleasant chap.

Steve Mylchreest. He was at Perth High when I was there but left after a while. Never had him as a teacher but he always seemed to be a general purveyor of petulance whenever he was in the classroom next door.

an confirm the above gentleman is still in the land of the living!!!!

spoke with him the tail end of last week

he got a tech studies post at perth academy when Mr smeaton retired

Any of you remember old Mr Smeaton

e hated me with a vengance

an confirm the above gentleman is still in the land of the living!!!!

spoke with him the tail end of last week

he got a tech studies post at perth academy when Mr smeaton retired

Any of you remember old Mr Smeaton

e hated me with a vengance

Mr Smeaton taught at the Grammar when i was there too. He was great at badminton - I used to play against him at the after school badminton club!

Bill Smeaton was a great teacher and is a 1st class bloke. Got me my apprenticeship a year before leaving school. Used to bump into him regularly, even done a few jobs for him latterly.

Could not agree with you more city63. Bill was a great guy when u were on his good side, which for me wasnae very often.

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

Academy – early 80’s.<o:p></o:p>

“Hardo” Hackney – PE – He used to ref the girl’s volleyball so you can see where he got the nickname!<o:p></o:p>

Mr. Pringle – Geography – Once said to a gadgee “God, you stink go see the nurse and ask for a bath!”<o:p></o:p>

Dozy Rae – Physics – Pal points out an egg in his pocket (!?) Dozy says – “Must have been a cuckoo then boy”….classic<o:p></o:p>

Miss Pope – Accounts – Evil, Evil woman – Once sent me out for being “the loudest” – I wasn’t even in the classroom yet!<o:p></o:p>

Dr. Leibsher – We turned the gas-taps on for a laugh (!) – he came in screaming “Fail your exams, I don’t care” Then proceeded to smash a window with the pole while trying to open it!<o:p></o:p>

<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p> </o:p>

Academy – early 80’s.<o:p></o:p>

“Hardo” Hackney – PE – He used to ref the girl’s volleyball so you can see where he got the nickname!<o:p></o:p>

Mr. Pringle – Geography – Once said to a gadgee “God, you stink go see the nurse and ask for a bath!”<o:p></o:p>

Dozy Rae – Physics – Pal points out an egg in his pocket (!?) Dozy says – “Must have been a cuckoo then boy”….classic<o:p></o:p>

Miss Pope – Accounts – Evil, Evil woman – Once sent me out for being “the loudest” – I wasn’t even in the classroom yet!<o:p></o:p>

Dr. Leibsher – We turned the gas-taps on for a laugh (!) – he came in screaming “Fail your exams, I don’t care” Then proceeded to smash a window with the pole while trying to open it!<o:p></o:p>

had him at goodlyburn (now part of college) in the late 70`s. he was assistant rector, and the butt of endless jokes, even though he took himself ultra-seriously, you just had to look at the t***, sorta floating along the corrider in his cape and burst out laughing, :laugh: