Your Auld School Teachers - Like and Dislike

25e Ainslie Place

MCPHEES+JOHNSTONES.will try and polish my 'cant' better in future.it was an idea of mine to return to that way of life when i return to scotland.

Fine people, all.

I hope you can return to that way of life, but in a world ruled by social agencies and corporations it would be hard. If you had bairns, they would be looking up yer jacksie to see that they had love, care and Nintendo. It's a scunner.

I would return to that life because I would always know who my friends are (and my enemies).

I've often thought that a good day was watching the sun rise along the Almond Water and a good night was seeing the moon rise above the bridge at Luncarty.

My people were those who could live in both worlds, but I know which world was mine.

Smudge (bad 'cess to all hornies!).

ha ha my dad lives in spain! been there roughly 3 years.mallorca, with my step mum linda who he has been married to roughly 7-8 yrs?maybe 5/6! He comes over every holiday.i.e spring summer xmas.So ill see him shortly. I just left my mums(errol) 6 weeks ago.And am the younger son at 22! Ill get his phone number to you through pm

He couldnt control his pupils I felt sorry for some of the abuse he took. We had a number of clashes over the years which ended up with me in the Language Head's class instead.

Did you hear he committed suicide few months back??

I had MR Hunter for German and thought he was a good Teacher - but with the wrong type of Kids he just couldn't handle it. Was very indiscreet and would slag off other teachers. Did he really commit suicide - I knew he was suspended or (struck of ?) a number of years ago for allegedly molesting some girl. I found this hard to believe then and still do - used to see him some times in town - can't believe he topped himself.

Edited by Bruno Strasser

I had MR Hunter for German and thought he was a good Teacher - but with the wrong type of Kids he just couldn't handle it. Was very indiscreet and would slag off other teachers. Did he really commit suicide - I knew he was suspended or (struck of ?) a number of years ago for allegedly molesting some girl. I found this hard to believe then and still do - used to see him some times in town - can't believe he topped himself.
I never saw it in print anywhere but I received 2 texts to say he had done so. I tried googling etc and only brought up the molesting stuff. He was very prone to pokeing and pulling at his students.

I had him briefly in 5th year (dave will confirm) it was a much better class than we had during our standard grades where it was just impossible to learn anything.

He should have been moved on to another role or certainly only to the older classes where the pupils were genuinally interested in the subject.

Thats very sad I never saw him manhandling pupils - but as I said in a previous post I was at the High when the Belt was on the go and you could only go so far with a Teacher. Perhaps he was pushed to breaking point ? Still can't believe he could kill himself but again maybe he was pushed to far.

I have to caution that he allegedly passed away. I have heard rumours to the contrary so let's be canny with our words.

Removing the belt from school is surely one of the worst mistakes ever made. Godd teachers, who lack a domineering personality, we're completely marginalised and most classes from first to fourth year we're pointless outside of the top set.

Mr Thorburn is one of the very few exceptions but his qualities are in very short supply. I've also heard that he has since become unwell. He was also "shafted" in the words of Mr Whitehead. Apparently they brought in a new Head of Chemistry when Thorburn had been promised the job.

I have to caution that he allegedly passed away. I have heard rumours to the contrary so let's be canny with our words.

Removing the belt from school is surely one of the worst mistakes ever made. Godd teachers, who lack a domineering personality, we're completely marginalised and most classes from first to fourth year we're pointless outside of the top set.

Mr Thorburn is one of the very few exceptions but his qualities are in very short supply. I've also heard that he has since become unwell. He was also "shafted" in the words of Mr Whitehead. Apparently they brought in a new Head of Chemistry when Thorburn had been promised the job.

There is a name I had forgot about him :oops::cry: He had some bark but on the whole was a good teacher. Tried to put a bit of humour into the class and I was usually the brunt of his jokes. I had Gibb for Chem couple of years he was very good.

Anyone have pandrich for English? He was another superb teacher as long as you were on the good side of him.

My god Whitehead ! - he was a scary Mother f****r and without doubt the most sarcastic person I have ever met.

My god Whitehead ! - he was a scary Mother f****r and without doubt the most sarcastic person I have ever met.

I liked him a lot. He was genuine. If you were a d***, you were treated as one; if you were a good guy you were treated as one. Folks that thought he was too aggressive were invariably d*** heads and single mothers.

One of the few teachers who could actually take a joke; something Miss Brydon should really try at least once before he dies.

Best teachers at Perth grammar during my time = mrs cathy Clifford, mr jock Reid, mr rawlinson(PE), mr lumsden (sciences) mrs brodie (art) and mr Angus Campbell Taylor (history).

Not so good ains = Ms Forsyth (languages), mrs Campbell (art), mrs whatley (English)

Remember them all, add to the not so good ones, Mr Hunter the Maths teacher, he was a pwick.

I never saw it in print anywhere but I received 2 texts to say he had done so. I tried googling etc and only brought up the molesting stuff. He was very prone to pokeing and pulling at his students.

I had him briefly in 5th year (dave will confirm) it was a much better class than we had during our standard grades where it was just impossible to learn anything.

He should have been moved on to another role or certainly only to the older classes where the pupils were genuinally interested in the subject.

He's no deed I saw him about a month ago.

I cant even remember the names of most of my teachers at the High School. Was there from 81-85. Was trying to remember who gave me the belt and the only ones that i'm sure about are Billy Bunter and Granny Fraser (sorry to hear she passed away recently) :sad:

I'm not sure but seem to remember Baxter(art),Mackie(history?) and some music teacher with a moustache also gave me the belt. Happy days:laugh:

EDIT to say the music teacher may have been Gow?? Does that ring a bell with anyone?

Edited by geoff was right!!

From the Grammar....

Dislikes..

Mr Farquharson..Maths an absolute prick,who would fall asleep during class

Mr Davidson......history,arrogant

Mr Baxter......social studies,looked like skeletor

Mr Croll........Tech,that dude could plant a six inch nail into a workbench with one whack of his belt,the old story was he would soak his belt in vinegar to harden it,i started to believe it too after falling foul of him a couple of times.

Mrs Paton....German,bitch pure bitch

Miss Livingston....French,snooty mare

Mr Greenwood.....tech,evil bugger,a lad not long out of hospital after an ingrowing toenails operation muttered summat to Greenwood,so the old barsteward went over and stood on the lads toes on purpose

Mr Bruce....P.E.,did he not like to go into the showers with the lads and start slapping them with a towel ??

Likes....

Mr Reid.....P.E.,great bloke

Mr soutar...Art,same again

Mr Martin...English,good laugh,he would start telling ya something off subject,then end up going on about it for the whole lesson.

God i hated school :laugh: