Isnt it time........

lethamsaintee

we stood up for ourselves and let it be known that we are not happy at the way things are at saints right now.

for 5 years now the club has drifted further and further away from anywhere near good enough, how long is a transitional period?

we laugh at other teams for their finacial woes (livi, pars etc) but they are still in the spl and at least livi have won a national cup. something saints will NEVER do if we continue our slipslide.

it is time for geoff brown to leave the club and for someone else with fresh ideas to come in, i am reliably informed that the bloke who owns wisemans dairies was willing to put

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

half my rant has dissapeared!!

anyway the guy from wisemans was going to put 5 million into the club but brown told him where to go.

we had a chance to establish ourselves in the spl but brown chose not to pay the players who had got into europe any more and 1 by 1 they left the club, leading them to be replaced by inadequate players. we have been slipsliding for 5 years and we are not showing any signs of proggessing.

i feel sorry for coyle and believe with a decent boardroom he coulkd do well.

i love saints and have been a loyal fan for years but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

geoffs been good for us, i know lots disagree but we have had good times under him as well as bad and we shouldnt forget that. geoff is right to keep the finances tight to prevent us going into big debt. fair do's if someone wants to come in though.........

so you are happy for us to be a mediocre first division team til the ennd of all time?

half my rant has dissapeared!!

anyway the guy from wisemans was going to put 5 million into the club but brown told him where to go.

we had a chance to establish ourselves in the spl but brown chose not to pay the players who had got into europe any more and 1 by 1 they left the club, leading them to be replaced by inadequate players. we have been slipsliding for 5 years and we are not showing any signs of proggessing.

i feel sorry for coyle and believe with a decent boardroom he coulkd do well.

i love saints and have been a loyal fan for years but ENOUGH IS ENOUGH.

Are you sure about the Wiseman story. Geoff has already stated that the only offer he ever had was from a property developer and had his doubts about the reasoning behind it.

Neither of the wisemans are AFAIK even into football.

As for letting them know people aren't happy what do you want them to do?? for god sake give Coyle time!!!!!!!!!

Are you sure about the Wiseman story. Geoff has already stated that the only offer he ever had was from a property developer and had his doubts about the reasoning behind it.

Neither of the wisemans are AFAIK even into football.

As for letting them know people aren't happy what do you want them to do?? for god sake give Coyle time!!!!!!!!!

if you read my post its not coyle i have the issue with, its the board who i feel are now suffocating this club.

Sad but thats what we are now MEDIOCORE

btw who the hell is our commercial director? they are not doing a good job !

Can I ask on waht basis you are saying this. I think that the commercial side is speaking for itself in that the profit made from it are supporting the CLub. We have a thriving conference centre, games all sponsored a major company sponsoring us and local companies sponsoring the youth set up and the Club mini bus. Other than pulling money out of thin air what is he not doing.

The commercial directors name etc is on the Club website.

Can I ask on waht basis you are saying this. I think that the commercial side is speaking for itself in that the profit made from it are supporting the CLub. We have a thriving conference centre, games all sponsored a major company sponsoring us and local companies sponsoring the youth set up and the Club mini bus. Other than pulling money out of thin air what is he not doing.

The commercial directors name etc is on the Club website.

what about the away kit fiasco - a total joke.

and as for the mediocre bit - do you honestly believe we are any better than that?

what about the away kit fiasco - a total joke.

and as for the mediocre bit - do you honestly believe we are any better than that?

We have been down this road so many times now that it is getting tiresome. The Club are taking this up with the Company and if you want them to dump XARA then it will cost the Club a lot of money as they would have to but their training kit and playing kit all that they get free at present. The strip will be out by Xmas.

We have been down this road so many times now that it is getting tiresome. The Club are taking this up with the Company and if you want them to dump XARA then it will cost the Club a lot of money as they would have to but their training kit and playing kit all that they get free at present. The strip will be out by Xmas.

yeah its great isnt it? - it will be outdated in may great value at thirty quid

Well look at the crowd on saturday! Hardly promting the club now is it

Perth is a big place lots of people, Yet somehow we dont attract. We should be out there getting the fans throught the gate. Also whatsthe shop about DOSENT even accept visa or switch.

Well Done !

exactly - but geoff has already said the club doesnt need the fans, and they seem hell bent on pushing them away (saint kev for example)

so you are happy for us to be a mediocre first division team til the ennd of all time?

not all, and i've made my feelings known about that but what i'm saying is geoff isnt all the bad lad u make him out to be. he could easy have went for it after our uefa cup crack and chased more and more of it and crippled us. we could be in same boat as likes as dundee and the rest. our time will come again, we're not too bad fianancially as far as i know so have faith. i'd rather be mid first division like we are than 10million in debt in the spl. at least we know we'll be here next year unlike some.

p.s owen coyle IMO is the man to take us forward and will go on to great things as a manager

Its all very well moaning but please say something constructive. If you bring a problem to the table please also bring a solution.

Saints are and probably always will be a provincial up and down club. We have no divine right to be in the SPL. But we do have a right to expect that the board manage the club well enough to keep us in existence.

As for Perth being a big place, since when? Last I read the population is less than 45K so when we were getting 4.5K the we were getting 10% of the population, approximately the same as the Old Firm.

but geoff has already said the club doesnt need the fans

Sorry, but where and when exactly did he say this? This is exactly the sort of tiresome rubbish that pisses me off about some saints fans. You seem to be implying that we have some sort of divine right to be doing much better than we currently are. Can i ask why? In reality we're a relatively small provincial club, whose proper place is probably near the bottom of the SPL or at the top of the first, with the odd fantastic season where we qualify for Europe etc.

Do you want our board to suddenly start spunking money around like its going out of fashion? Sure it might be exciting for one season, but then you end up like Dundee, struggling for survival, because you're spending far more than is coming in. In any case, it seems to me that we have pushed the boat out a bit financially this season - I can't imagine players like Milne and Scotland are earning 200 quid a week.

As for our declining support, you're right that is a problem, but attendances are down throughout Scottish football, its not just a problem we have. When all kids see on the TV is Chelsea, Man U, Arsenal, Rangers, Celtic etc, its not hard to understand why they wouldn't be that keen to come and see Saints v Stranraer on a freezing saturday in November. Perth's never exactly been a hotbed of football anyway, yet when we do start to do better, as I'm sure we will do under Coyle, the crowds will go back up.

Its all very well moaning but please say something constructive. If you bring a problem to the table please also bring a solution.

Saints are and probably always will be a provincial up and down club. We have no divine right to be in the SPL. But we do have a right to expect that the board manage the club well enough to keep us in existence.

As for Perth being a big place, since when? Last I read the population is less than 45K so when we were getting 4.5K the we were getting 10% of the population, approximately the same as the Old Firm.

the solution is simple, allow investors to invest! over the years there has been people willing to put there own money into the club and the board have denied people that chance.

the solution is simple, allow investors to invest! over the years there has been people willing to put there own money into the club and the board have denied people that chance.

like who for example? i would honestly feel that the powers at be wouldnt turn down investment for no good reason?

What evidence do you have for that statement? Tell me who? If you can supply some facts then I will be on your side.