What is the best Butcher's shop in Perth ?

SingaporeSaint

Was in Lindsay the Butcher during my short trip to Perth over the festive season. The shop in Methven Street hasnt changed at all over the years but the queue was practically out the door. Great to see a traditional and long standing Perth business doing well. Quality produce and friendly customer sevice. Gets my vote as the best Butcher in Perth.

Was in Lindsay the Butcher during my short trip to Perth over the festive season. The shop in Methven Street hasnt changed at all over the years but the queue was practically out the door. Great to see a traditional and long standing Perth business doing well. Quality produce and friendly customer sevice. Gets my vote as the best Butcher in Perth.

I agree.. I go in for a chat with Davie and his son Beatson every morning on the way to work although they just think I go in for a seat next to their heater:laugh: We buy most of our butchers meat from Lindsays. Top quality and great service..and Davies a Saints season ticket holder as well:wink: It's like Murray the Baker. Another traditional shop that has been there for years. Also queued out the door regularly

I agree.. I go in for a chat with Davie and his son Beatson every morning on the way to work although they just think I go in for a seat next to their heater:laugh: We buy most of our butchers meat from Lindsays. Top quality and great service..and Davies a Saints season ticket holder as well:wink: It's like Murray the Baker. Another traditional shop that has been there for years. Also queued out the door regularly

Had an order from England to bring down a dozen of Perth's Scotch Pies. Morning of travel, me and youngest son were in the town to purchase said order. Youngest son shames the family by saying "why dont we go to Gregg's instead, dad ?" Youngest son is shown the queue out the door at Murray's which he then waited in. Youngest son was then shown the empty and barren customer interest of Gregg's on this beautiful but cold Perth morning. Youngest son was asked to make up his own mind on why this was. Only ten Murray's pies went to England that day as youngest son decided that Murray's pies are "doss".

Lindsay the Butcher and Murray's the Baker...pure quality !

Back in the late sixties used to be apprentice with Christies bakers on Dunkeld Rd, every Friday the butchers used to send there steak pies / steak & kidney pies in for lidding with puff pastry, which i got to do, but they all went out as steak pies as the kidneys were top notch, surprised never got any complaints

Local butchers are so much better than the supermarkets. Go to Lindsay's now but used to go to McDonoughs at the bottom of High St. They made great pies. Lindsays chipolatas at Christmas were pretty poor though,they weren't seperated enough and was more like one big sausage.

I am sure if you mentioned it to Davie or Beaton, they would get it sorted.

last time i was up i went to Simon Howies in the old High Street, again, queued ou the door on the Saturday morning.

The steak pie was excellent, the breakfast pack was unbelievable !!! i,m slavering right now thinking about it !!

Its Howies for me.

Ach Teamwork, starting up a north and South divide now :wink:

Ach Teamwork, starting up a north and South divide now :wink:

i speak from personal taste !!! most of the posters on here have the choice of butchers in the town, when i get up there its mostly a case of grabbing and going !!

i promise i,ll try Lindsays next time though for the steak pie :wink:

After all of this talk about butchers I went and got a steak pie from Lindsays for tea last night.

I'll tell you this - it was doss.

Just as good as I remember, the steak melted in your mouth (no gristle at all), the gravy was rich and peppery and all topped of with a light and tasty pastry.

Well worth the price difference in comparison to the supermarket pre-packed crap, definitely a case of getting what you pay for