Liverpool in a crisis ?

bobby kemp

I tell you what as well.

Gerrard demands to play behind the striker so he does not have to track back, does not have to tackle and he gets all the chances and the glory.

When it disnae work their knackered and everyone blames the lack of quality, tosh its the tactics. Gerrard played in Midfield in the last tie and looked ordinary.

Crouch gone, Keane gone, Bellamy gone - How have they done since.

Finally, as I rant - They have just signed another winger - while Kuyt, Benayoun, Babel, Aurelio and Reina all in the squad already 5 into 6???

He has to go!!

What a Game Left Reading at 10:00 Yesterday morning so I would gaurantee getting their in time... Yes.... Get it right up ya Liverdrool ...

Only problem is I was hoping to go to the Saints V septic match however it seems that the next FA cup match against Burnley is that weekend... thank god Owen has left Burnley Now I can enjoy it if Reading Beat them

Finally, as I rant - They have just signed another winger - while Kuyt, Benayoun, Babel, Aurelio and Reina all in the squad already 5 into 6???

Kuyt is going to be needed up front, Aurelio is primarily a full back and Reina... I dont really see the point here. Maxi is a great player and one that Liverpool need.

The problem lies with the player retention and the wasted money spent on average players.

Degen, not good enough, quote Benitez on signing:

"an offensive player with great energy and a winning mentality. His strength is going forward and I am confident he will be prove to be a quality addition to our squad."

3 games and 18 months later.....

Dossena, did he really do anything of note for Liverpool except a nice goal against Man U when the game was won. Off to Napoli, not good enough. Riise is better than Dossena, Aurelio and Insua.

Sotirios Kyrgiakos, wtf? A 30 year old who had not played for any club even remotely near Liverpools standards is suddenly going to improve that much to reach that level?

Lucas, Benitez on signing:

"I am looking forward to seeing him score goals for Liverpool in the future"

How many has he scored 4/5 in about 100 games? He wouldnt get a game for Man U, Chelsea or Arsenal. Only thing is he is young and can improve.

Glen Johnson, not arguing talent, but bought by Pompey for 4 and sold to Liverpool for 18 million. Rafa wastes 14 million.

Riera has done nothing at Liverpool, he wouldnt get a game for Aston Villa.

NGog was cheap but he wouldnt get a game for any team in the top 7.

He has made some useful buys, Insua will make them cash. Kuyt and Benayoun were good buys. Everyone knew Torres' talent it was just that he didnt want to leave Atletico for so long, but for what he paid for him at the time and what he paid for Mascherano, you would want to get good players. If Babel is worth 14 or so mil and Aquilani is worth 20 mil time will tell.

He made 20 mil on Alonso but Im sure he would rather have him in the team than Aquilani.

Bellamy and Crouch were not that good with Liverpool and he made small profits on them, but the Keane situation was a debacle, costing Rafa about 5 million.

Keane, Agger, Spearing and Skrtel appear to have been mismanaged as they could be so useful for Liverpool.

Basically Liverpool rely on Gerrard and Torres for almost everything and when 1 or 2 of them are out, they seem to lose all confidence as they have nobody anywhere as near to replace their quality. Benitez has wasted too much cash on ordinary players.

-----------------------------Reina-----------------------------------

Johnson-----------Carragher--------Agger/Skrtel---------Insua/Aurelio

--------------------------Mascherano-------------------------------

Maxi-------------------------------------------------------Benayoun

----------------------------Gerrard----------------------------------

----------------------Kuyt---------Torres----------------------------

is a pretty good team really, and would beat most in the league, but even horse placenta wont help them, and take a few names out of that team it looks pretty ordinary as their replacements are sub par.

sell gerrard and torres ... i mean its not silly to think liverpool will get at least 100m for the pair of them ( not each ) rebuild the team surelly that makes sense rather than relying on them week in week out as it shows players cant stay fit for whole seasons and there must be far to much pressure on these two guys to perform when fit .. dont think its rafas fault theres no much the poor guy can do if they sack him it will be shocking look at the guy record at the club it speaks for itself ... oh aye i feckin hate liverpool !!!!