10 Years ago..

garydavidson

anyone else at the Caley v Celtic game?

Being from Inverness most of my school went down to the game most of them were old firm fans anyway. I was never a Caley fan but cheered them on that night after my dad told me it was fine to support the under dog in such an occasion.

Can't believe it was ten years ago - http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/teams/i/inverness_ct/8504677.stm

Also amazing to see how many of the players are still around today. How Ross Tokley is still a professional footballer baffles me ten years on.

Not strictly true. King Kenny took charge of the first team until Dr Jo came in :wink:

Kenny did stay on you're right enough, his role previously being Director of Football or something. Kenny's record as a manager was magnificent and I think Celtic fans blamed him too much for the Barnes era.

Dr Jo was before barnes, it was O'Neil that came in four months after the Caley game.

You're right Doctor Jo was definitely before Barnes/Dalgleish and Martin O'Neil came later.

I think Saints caused the sacking of certain Celtic managers too, such as Liam Brady and Doc Jo. It is beneath celtic to get beat by a provinicial side often referred to by their supporters as diddy teams. Very snotty for a bunch of plebs.

Wim Jansen bought Henrik Larsson without doubt their nest players since the early 70's.

Caley went through the leagues very quickly to the SPL just about as quick as "Gretna No More".

Paul Cherry worked in an Estates/Insurance ? Agents in Perth for a while. Don't know now though. Great three-at-the-back partnership him, Inglis and Baltacha.

He was a football agent & Financial Advisor. Sold his business & went to Spain or somewhere warm about 5 years ago or so.

I think Saints caused the sacking of certain Celtic managers too, such as Liam Brady and Doc Jo. It is beneath celtic to get beat by a provinicial side often referred to by their supporters as diddy teams. Very snotty for a bunch of plebs.

... We are a diddy team though :razz:

Caley went through the leagues very quickly to the SPL just about as quick as "Gretna No More".

Aye but did they have a sugar daddy prepared to bugger off as soon as things went tits up?

Won the 1st Division in their tenth year in the SFL I believe. I remember being at the game in Inverness where they beat us to win promotion and IIRC they had a special logo that I remember seeing on their programmes.. similar idea to ours for 125th anniversary

He was a football agent & Financial Advisor. Sold his business & went to Spain or somewhere warm about 5 years ago or so.

I thought he was an agent of something. :) Remember Paul said he wanted to go with Sergei to the Caspain Sea for a Cruise from Turkey? However Sergei said "Good idea but I'd be frightened to go ashore in Russia just in case I couldn't get back". PC was on the same flight as me to Tenerife once.