St Johnstone's Public Relations

O'Rourke

Dave, It's maybe because I asked her if they could pay the Edinburgh contingents train fares to Aberdeen next week!!:wink:

But was just asking the question if the club ever considered the saints away support from other places when they make these gestures, as a good part of the away support don't come from Perth (we could drive to Perth for the Dons game and get the bus, but not for Celtic). I am quite happy to pay my own travel to Aberdeen and have booked already along with a number of others from Edinburgh, as we are having a day on the peeve, just interested in the party line.

Did Saints ever get back to you on this? I'd be quite interested to hear their response.

Did Saints ever get back to you on this? I'd be quite interested to hear their response.

To be fare Bev phoned me back today, she had been off sick, and is willing to chat further with out of town groups around the above and how the club can interact better with us on other suggested areas/issues we have, so we will (Edinburgh saints) have a pow wow on the train on saturday and take it from there, so all very positive

Edited by crieffsaintandy

Yes, you can suggest that "i at least spell her name correctly if I want to get anywhere with her". I think the first time I met Bev was at the police disco in 1980 at the police station when I barged in and danced with her, I think Rickardo was dancing with her at the time (he had no chance). She was as lovely then as she is now. Last time I saw her was Scotland v Brazil at the Emirates Stadium. Your story.....     

Edited by AthensSaint

The police disco? WTH is that? You lot are killing me now................... junior disco up the community centre, aye.....but party with the rozzers?! :)

Jason lad, you must be too young. The Police Disco was THE place to be back in those days. My PURPLE zoot suit from Carnaby Street got its first airing there. I think I took Joss' mum when she was all of fifteen. Community Centres were scary places for us posh Doocot Boys. I still have the scars from running the gauntlet at Hunters Chippie. Life all of a sudden became very scary crossing the Crieff Road from Unity Terrace.

Jason lad, you must be too young. The Police Disco was THE place to be back in those days. My PURPLE zoot suit from Carnaby Street got its first airing there. I think I took Joss' mum when she was all of fifteen. Community Centres were scary places for us posh Doocot Boys. I still have the scars from running the gauntlet at Hunters Chippie. Life all of a sudden became very scary crossing the Crieff Road from Unity Terrace.

The Police disco was at the back of the Barrack Street Cop Shop!

Remember them well.

• 3 months later...

I don't know who's been given the duty of running the official twitter account this season, but they've got the tone absolutely bang on. Informative but not boring, casual but not unprofessional, cheeky but not to the point of trying too hard.

Thumbs up from me.

Guest ScottMann

I gave up following a while ago as it was basically nothing but adverts. Game coverage was obviously by different folk given the varying quality and style. Unfortunately if you followed both Saints and the opposition's feed then it was like following two different matches with ours minimalistic. The couple of times I've checked it this season it started with brilliant coverage from one of the pre-seasons but was back to normal the next time. Credit where it's due though. That tweets a cracker.