St Johnstone's Public Relations

O'Rourke

• 11 months later...

I suggest that someone update the OS on a match day as early as possible (9am at the latest) to inform supporters if there are any perceived problems.

A simple statement to the effect that "due to the recent rainfall, the club have requested a pitch inspection for 10am (or whatever)". This would alert everyone who have a distance to travel that they may need to make alternative arrangements.

Keep the paying pubic on-side.

Over to you Messrs Cullen & Co.

I suggest that someone update the OS on a match day as early as possible (9am at the latest) to inform supporters if there are any perceived problems.

A simple statement to the effect that "due to the recent rainfall, the club have requested a pitch inspection for 10am (or whatever)". This would alert everyone who have a distance to travel that they may need to make alternative arrangements.

This has been mooted many times before O'Rourke.. Maybe this time they will listen.. I hope so..cos it aint rocket science is it..

This has been mooted many times before O'Rourke.. Maybe this time they will listen.. I hope so..cos it aint rocket science is it..

Playing devils advocat here:

Is it not possible that saints started working on the blankets yesterday morning removing the rain that had beilt up and ensuring that all the rain was off them before they started lifting the covers. the problem therefore would not have come to light until the blankets were all off and the pitch was checked.

And that was maybe the time that the notice was put on the website and the ref called.

I think we need an official twitter site. As soon as we know the match is subject to a pitch inspection, you get a text on your mobile. Simple.

The Problem with the OS, like yesterday, I never even switched my laptop on and when you are out and about it isnt always possible to check.

I also think we would seriously benefit from an SFA Type site too, as soon as they know of a pitch inspection a twitter feed is sent. Just keeps everyone in the know.

im not going to get in to the slagging, just suggest the following;

http://hootsuite.com/ With HootSuite, you can monitor keywords, manage multiple Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Foursquare, Ping.fm and WordPress profiles, schedule messages, ...

Hoot Suite is perfect for communicating instantly with the younger generation of St.Johnstone fan.

http://www.mediaburst.co.uk/?gclid=CNzt1PKjhqcCFQ4f4QodKgLRdw is a bulk texting provider. This would be a very useful tool for them. Even most of the older fans have a mobile these days!

im not going to get in to the slagging, just suggest the following;

http://hootsuite.com/ With HootSuite, you can monitor keywords, manage multiple Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Foursquare, Ping.fm and WordPress profiles, schedule messages, ...

Hoot Suite is perfect for communicating instantly with the younger generation of St.Johnstone fan.

http://www.mediaburst.co.uk/?gclid=CNzt1PKjhqcCFQ4f4QodKgLRdw is a bulk texting provider. This would be a very useful tool for them. Even most of the older fans have a mobile these days!

Prices start at 6.5p per message

say, 7,000 people sign up. £455 to send a (one) text message to folk saying the games off? I think not!

say, 7,000 people sign up. £455 to send a (one) text message to folk saying the games off? I think not!

You could charge £5 at the start of the season off the web site for an SMS text service from the club. 2500 peeps at £5 = £12,500.

If you budgeted for 50 texts a season thats £3.25 for each person, leaving a profit of £4375 (subject to VAT, credit card fees etc)

All hypothetical, not sure who would be willing to pay £5, nothing wrong with bouncing ideas around sean.

You could charge £5 at the start of the season off the web site for an SMS text service from the club. 2500 peeps at £5 = £12,500.

If you budgeted for 50 texts a season thats £3.25 for each person, leaving a profit of £4375 (subject to VAT, credit card fees etc)

All hypothetical, not sure who would be willing to pay £5, nothing wrong with bouncing ideas around sean.

Why do people on here struggle with criticism so much? I dont believe I said anything in malice. If you put up an idea on a forum, and someone thinks its bad.. should they not say so? should the cons of the item also not be discussed?

Edited by Sainteesean

Rangers have an SMS text alert system - see info here, quite pricey though.

http://www.rangers.co.uk/page/textalerts/0,,5,00.html

Why pay for it when there are some that are free ie the one that is listed above Teamer.net

Sean, it doesnt cost a penny to post it on a twitter site?

It is the receiver who is charged for the SMS update. WIth the majority of people these days having Nearly unlimited SMS services (even if they didnt counter act that with potential loss of fuel etc)

There are ways, it just needs handled much better

I've mentioned the text alert system before - it is used by some of the schools in Perth for texts to parents about various things - but mainly if their child has been reported absent.

It would be simple to set up a system for alerts about the games. Fans of away teams could subscribe and unsubscribe as required.

There could also be a sperate text list for home fans about certain offers the club is running.