Suggestions

Jimbo

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...

yeah i had thought about trying something like that. it starts getting a bit complicated if games are postponed for weather internationals etc and so games dont all happen at the same time. if anyone else feels strongly then we can give it a try and see

yeah i had thought about trying something like that. it starts getting a bit complicated if games are postponed for weather internationals etc and so games dont all happen at the same time. if anyone else feels strongly then we can give it a try and see

Yeah I thought about that Jimbo.

To keep it simple just ignore the games that did not actually get played and incluse only those that did even although they are to be rescheduled to midweek they are void. This helps you only concentrate on the Saturday games. It means that if the Saints game is off there are still a few points there. However I agree it all depends on the level of work involved for you.

ok we can give that a go, I personally dont want to make it too complicated as i think one of the positives of the current set up is that its quite simple. may be only do it for matches on saturdays concurrent with saints games??

That website we did the world cup prediction league has a division 1 tipping comp on there, I won the pick the winners there last year, let them do all the work :D

On the old mailing it used to be:

3 pts for a correct prediction

2 pts for a correct goal difference (eg you predict 2 - 0, and it ends up 3-1, 4-2 etc)

1 pt for a correct winner but not the score or goal margin

Maybe we could keep the format how it is for the saints matches and then just do a predict the winner on the other games as a home win, away win or a draw?

Margins are a good idea but you're right that's a big job for Jimbo on his weekend off and only something like 'Top Tippers' have the resources (programme, DB and staff for that). I think correct scores wouldn't be too difficult to spot but I'm only imagining things.

its a tempting idea but i think from a logistics point of view, it may get rather complicated with all the other games. so for this season i will just keep it as it is. thanks for the suggestions though and keep them coming.

• 3 weeks later...