#34 - Saints 1-0 Aberdeen - 16/03/10 - SPL

• Replies 229
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That was fecking braw..What a great performance and the only reason it was only 1-0 was a couple of great saves fae Langfield and a few poor misses by us.. KENNY DEUCHAR WAS IMMENSE..Absolutely IMMENSE... DAVE MacKAY WAS IMMENSE..Much better performances from Smithy, Millar and Morris..The only bad things tonight was the fact that it was torture knowing that we were only 1 up and any slip could have cost us and Mooner getting strechered off. I hope it aint to serious but I fear the worst:sad: Great to see Sheridan get the goal and also great to see him kick a hole in the advertising hording at the side of the goal when he failed to get to a ball.. Shows how much he cares..

As for the Dons...They were pretty poor in the final third of the park andlook like a team who are in real trouble..

Well done Del, well done Saints and well done Saintees for getting right behind the guys and giving then your full support..( one thing though.. Someone asked me if I had heard Smithy and Millars names being booed when the line up was announced..I heard nothing..Did this happen or was the guy mistaken??)

Great performance. If Sheridan or Duechars had a little more composure in front of goal it could have been 3 or 4.

Loving the chants for Doobs, but if theres anyone in defence that should be getting praised its MacKay. He was Superb in the air and on the deck today. Top Player. Grainger also had a good game, and the clean sheet will do Smith the world of good.

Happy Saintee

Brilliant night to be a saintee. So many great performances; Liam, Midgie, Cup Tie and Danny Grainger. I'm gonna give it to Danny for two reasons; firtsly I championed his capture (even lambasted the fact that we didn't buy him last year) and secondly he shoved two cheesy fingers up to those who have used this board as a place to attack him.

Langfield made two top notch saves and if it hadn't been for Sheridan we would have cruised that game. His failure to play in Deuchar in the first half and Liam(?) in the second again proved that he's a dud who should be given new stables.

Cillian aside, no failures in a team which again demonstrated that we are a top six squad. Intersting that for the first time in our SPL/McInnes history we pushed on at 1-0 and we've never enjoyed a one nil like that. As with last year when we won the league and went from dull to dazzling, I think we're about to find top gear. We'll not get top six but could easily go undefeated following the split.

Del deserves praise for bringing on Fil when Moon got crocked. Whilst he didn't punch above his weight, nor did he police the midfield, he did get stuck in and threw his weight about in a positive manner.

I'll end with a word of praise to Del. "Thanks for playing Reynolds. It's a shame that you played him over May, but at least it's progress." He showed glimpses of why Sheridan is superfluous and hopefully reciprocated Del's faith in the Man Utd target:laugh:. The two Stevie's are a tribute to Peanut and Tommy and will shine for Saints; for the good of our club let's hope they get many more opportunities this season.

Thanks to Del, Tony and the players. A brilliant, fabulous, wonderful and exceptional evening.

Someone asked me if I had heard Smithy and Millars names being booed when the line up was announced..I heard nothing..Did this happen or was the guy mistaken??)

Missed it myself, but Nugs commented on Smith being booed:sad:

Hope you have calmed down and let the victory flavour the rest of the night for you!!

That was fecking braw..What a great performance and the only reason it was only 1-0 was a couple of great saves fae Langfield and a few poor misses by us.. KENNY DEUCHAR WAS IMMENSE..Absolutely IMMENSE... DAVE MacKAY WAS IMMENSE..Much better performances from Smithy, Millar and Morris..The only bad things tonight was the fact that it was torture knowing that we were only 1 up and any slip could have cost us and Mooner getting strechered off. I hope it aint to serious but I fear the worst:sad: Great to see Sheridan get the goal and also great to see him kick a hole in the advertising hording at the side of the goal when he failed to get to a ball.. Shows how much he cares..

As for the Dons...They were pretty poor in the final third of the park andlook like a team who are in real trouble..

Well done Del, well done Saints and well done Saintees for getting right behind the guys and giving then your full support..( one thing though.. Someone asked me if I had heard Smithy and Millars names being booed when the line up was announced..I heard nothing..Did this happen or was the guy mistaken??)

Can`t argue with any of that Ghostie but have to agree with Nick that Grainger was great as well.Difficult to choose between the 3 of them for MoM.

they were going on at the end of game on radio that Aberdeen were poor & they are not playing for the manager.

They were poor because we made them look poor. We were in their faces the whole game.You had to look at the last 10 mins to see they were going for it & giving everything..