Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Guest Bertrand

Guest Bertrand

Who would you like to see us poach from another SPL side? (Preferrably with no transfer fee!)

Speculation today is that Aluko is to be offered a new deal at the dons - he's a player I would love to see at Saints, and potentially not that unrealistic given where our respective clubs are in the league/potential wages.

There has been some other talk of Ryan Flynn from Falkirk, would have to admit ive seen very little of him outside Saints games...

Who else would be a realistic target?

Kevin Kyle? He'd score a few and cant be on mega money at Killie surely?

Any others?

Who would you like to see us poach from another SPL side? (Preferrably with no transfer fee!)

Speculation today is that Aluko is to be offered a new deal at the dons - he's a player I would love to see at Saints, and potentially not that unrealistic given where our respective clubs are in the league/potential wages.

There has been some other talk of Ryan Flynn from Falkirk, would have to admit ive seen very little of him outside Saints games...

Who else would be a realistic target?

Kevin Kyle? He'd score a few and cant be on mega money at Killie surely?

Any others?

Theres no way we could afford Kyle or Aluko.

The Falkirk GK would be my #1 realistic target.

I havent seen much that would attract me to many of the players on view each week (within our wage structure)

SPL targets in the main will be too expensive for us.

I think Olejnik is a bit dodgy. Not SPL I know, but I'd rather we went for Tuffey.

Again not SPL (yet), but we should also be joining whatever queue there is for Griffiths and Harkins if Dundee don't get promoted. We need a new right-back to give God Dave some competition, and to fill in when he has to play in the middle. Maybe a bit old, but how about Eric Paton? Decent free-kick on him as well. If Falkirk go down (or even if they don't) could Darren Barr be an option? More of a CB I'd imagine.

Other SPL signing targets: Cerny, O'Brien, Arfield, Taouil, Mensing, or Marco Paixao?

Edited by HertsSaintee

I think Olejnik is a bit dodgy. Not SPL I know, but I'd rather we went for Tuffey.

Again not SPL (yet), but we should also be joining whatever queue there is for Griffiths and Harkins if Dundee don't get promoted. We need a new right-back to give God Dave some competition, and to fill in when he has to play in the middle. Maybe a bit old, but how about Eric Paton? Decent free-kick on him as well. If Falkirk go down (or even if they don't) could Darren Barr be an option? More of a CB I'd imagine.

Other SPL signing targets: Cerny, O'Brien, Arfield, Taouil, Mensing, or Marco Paixao?

keep up, Barr is going to hearts!, Mensin wouldn't leave Billy Reid, We can't afford Griffiths/Harkins and Paton is past it. I agree with Tuffey but a lot of clubs Hearts/ rangers etc have been touted as signing him. Id love to see O'Brien but its very unlikely. Mulgrew would be great but again too expensive.

Barr already signed for Hearts.

Wouldn't mind seeing Bryson at Saints if Killie go down. Like the look of O'Brien at 'well too.

Cillian Sheridan

Agreed. We've seen him, he's used to McD and our management and he's good. Will he improve if he ends up in Celtic reserves or bench? I suppose we don't know if Neil Lennon or another new boss will be bringing in new strikers yet but certainly we don't want another Rocco Quinn fee. That was too high for a 1st Division club, so what would they charge now that we're in the SPL?

I think the publicity and our new status of a decent attacking SPL side will allow us to attract players and I'm sure the management team will have ideas.

I fear Celtic would look for at least £250k for Cillian. If we could get him for £100k I'd be tempted. I would also be happy for the manager to cast his net wider, but the bigger worry will be if Wattie goes and Rangers come calling for Del.

I'd wait and see how he gets on against the 'wee' teams first. So far he's not bothered his backside away from home or against the so called smaller teams. I'd fear if we were in a relegation scrap how he'd perform.

When he's trying, he certainly looks a player but currently I think he needs to prove he's worth paying for.

I'd wait and see how he gets on against the 'wee' teams first. So far he's not bothered his backside away from home or against the so called smaller teams. I'd fear if we were in a relegation scrap how he'd perform.

When he's trying, he certainly looks a player but currently I think he needs to prove he's worth paying for.

I think personally that he's not played for the team consistently but that's through circumstances. Recently he didn't play against Motherwell at home, nor Falkirk away, nor Celtic away (because of SPL rulings) but after the Falkirk (away) and Motherwell (home) and before the Celtic (home) he played against Aberdeen and scored. He's not going to scfore every game, nobody does, but he looks as if he can control a ball with good balance and seems to team up well with Deuchar.

I think it will depend on who is relegated and who comes up.

If Falkirk were to be relegated I wouldn't mind taking the boy Flynn off them or their goalkeeper.

I think we'll have to look outside the SPL for signing targets, lower leagues in England and possibly Scotland.

What about the boy McCallister scoring a heap of goals for Brechin(?), is he any good?

funny how a few members would sign a load of players from same team.

im simillar,but would welcome half of hearts at mcd.

id want lee wallace to fight out a place v grainger

stewart in middle

and obua upfront

but look at what del did with mackay and davidson, they two were bound for THIRD divivsion and yet they're some of the best players going. barr whiticker for me mackay is best right back in country.

i'd let mclean go and bring in cerny or maybe gallagher (depending on current contract and age)

maybe a good left midfielder to keep craig upto scratch next year too

funny how a few members would sign a load of players from same team.

im simillar,but would welcome half of hearts at mcd.

id want lee wallace to fight out a place v grainger

stewart in middle

and obua upfront

but look at what del did with mackay and davidson, they two were bound for THIRD divivsion and yet they're some of the best players going. barr whiticker for me mackay is best right back in country.

i'd let mclean go and bring in cerny or maybe gallagher (depending on current contract and age)

maybe a good left midfielder to keep craig upto scratch next year too

Lee Wallace a realistic signing target? Hes a Young Scottish Internationalist! Hearts would want over a million for his signing. And his wages along with Michael Stewart and David Obua will be well over at least double what we pay our top earner here!

Just for the record, Sheridan is out of contract in the summer, so Sellick will get sweet FA for him.

I also think that if Dundee dont get promotion, Griffiths will move, for slightly more than he was bought for, Melville will want his money back, since he will have lost intrest in them, so with the extra cash we will get, I feel a 250 000 bid would possibly cover him. Possibly depends on if we get top 6.

Only player mentioned so far that I'd accept is Cerny.

Is that counting Cillian? Like many I feel he has only really shown the performances in a few big games. That looks to be more his efforts than his inconsistency but if the opportunity lost from signing him permanently is just another strikers wage then we could do a lot worse. Peaso is getting on and his injury prone nature may mean the end of his time at Saints. Samuel will think he'll walk into a bigger club but I reckon we'll squeeze another year out of him to "prove himself". Jackson I really don't know about. I hope he'll do well for us and start chipping in with the goals but he hasn't impressed at Arbroath.

If Dundee don't go up, might as well try and get Griffiths. Arsehole apparently but goals.

Is that counting Cillian? Like many I feel he has only really shown the performances in a few big games. That looks to be more his efforts than his inconsistency but if the opportunity lost from signing him permanently is just another strikers wage then we could do a lot worse. Peaso is getting on and his injury prone nature may mean the end of his time at Saints. Samuel will think he'll walk into a bigger club but I reckon we'll squeeze another year out of him to "prove himself". Jackson I really don't know about. I hope he'll do well for us and start chipping in with the goals but he hasn't impressed at Arbroath.

If Dundee don't go up, might as well try and get Griffiths. Arsehole apparently but goals.

Griffiths is not welcome, massive troublemaker.

Sheridan can feck off. One smashing first half doesn't excuse his lethargy and clumsiness.

Jacko will come good. Gotta keep Deuchar though and that means the board giving Del his budget ASAP.

Just for the record, Sheridan is out of contract in the summer, so Sellick will get sweet FA for him.I also think that if Dundee dont get promotion, Griffiths will move, for slightly more than he was bought for, Melville will want his money back, since he will have lost intrest in them, so with the extra cash we will get, I feel a 250 000 bid would possibly cover him. Possibly depends on if we get top 6.
I dont think this is the case. As he came through Celtics Youth he will command a fee, albeit at a tribunal, up to the age of 24. Unless Celtic want peanuts for him, I fear he is well out of our reach.

Griffiths is not welcome, massive troublemaker.

Sheridan can feck off. One smashing first half doesn't excuse his lethargy and clumsiness.

Jacko will come good. Gotta keep Deuchar though and that means the board giving Del his budget ASAP.

:laugh::laugh: I have three words for you - Mikael Antoine-Courier!!

I dont think this is the case. As he came through Celtics Youth he will command a fee, albeit at a tribunal, up to the age of 24. Unless Celtic want peanuts for him, I fear he is well out of our reach.

I think thats assuming Celtic offer him a new contract, the same or more than he is on just now.

If they do not offer him a contract, he can leave without compensation being paid. I may well be wrong however.

I think thats assuming Celtic offer him a new contract, the same or more than he is on just now.

If they do not offer him a contract, he can leave without compensation being paid. I may well be wrong however.

I think you are right Nick now you mention it.....

It would make more sense for Celtic to keep him and loan him to us, particularly is he is gonna rattle them in against Teams at the other end of the table