Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Guest Bertrand

Does anybody else think Cerney would annoy us with his time wasting crap.

The Accies fans claim that his 'time wasting' isn't a tactic as such employed by the manager. He's meant to be quite a poor kicker, so takes more time than most to line them up etc.

I'm not sure I believe it, but I'm sure a few on pie and bovril mentioned it before. If I remember rightly, he was still doing the same thing when we were 1-0 up at NDP earlier in the season.

I'm not sure who we can consider realistic in this league. Our best bet IMO is to use our knowledge of the lower leagues and try and snap up some of the better out of contract players from there.

Tuffey, Buchanan and maybe even Andy Kirk spring immediately to mind. We need to bolster the squad a little in some positions, but there isn't many I'd consider past it so I'd hate to see us upset the apple cart too much.

The Accies fans claim that his 'time wasting' isn't a tactic as such employed by the manager. He's meant to be quite a poor kicker, so takes more time than most to line them up etc.

Strange how he has had the trainer on just about every game I have seen him play in, and he could 'hardly walk' when we played them last week. Yet at the final whistle he managed to sprint over to the Hamilton Support. He is a cheat, but that must be coming from Mr Reid. Still have him in my side though :laugh:

just the usual suspects tho i dont think we could afford many of the following

gk-cerny,ruddy,tuffey,pernis

df-harris, hanlon, malone,,webster,stevenson

mf-flynn.o'brien,forbes,harkins,halliday,fyvie,swanson,mensing,

fw-sheridan,kyle,griffiths,rooney,pawlett(any at utd)

re·al·is·tic   /ˌriəˈlɪstɪk/ [ree-uh-lis-tik]

–adjective

1. interested in, concerned with, or based on what is real or practical: a realistic estimate of costs; a realistic planner.

2. pertaining to, characterized by, or given to the representation in literature or art of things as they really are: a realistic novel.

3. resembling or simulating real life: a duck hunter skilled at making realistic decoys.

4. Philosophy. of or pertaining to realists or realism.

5. suggesting St Johnstone can sign players totally outwith our reach: I think we should sign Aiden McGeady.

I don't like to be harsh but these threads are embarrassing to read. Hamilton paid £200,000 for Cerny last summer and he's regarded as one of the best goalkeepers in the league. Has Geoff Brown won the Euromillions or something?

–adjective

1. interested in, concerned with, or based on what is real or practical: a realistic estimate of costs; a realistic planner.

2. pertaining to, characterized by, or given to the representation in literature or art of things as they really are: a realistic novel.

3. resembling or simulating real life: a duck hunter skilled at making realistic decoys.

5. suggesting St Johnstone can sign players totally outwith our reach: I think we should sign Aiden McGeady.

I don't like to be harsh but these threads are embarrassing to read. Hamilton paid £200,000 for Cerny last summer and he's regarded as one of the best goalkeepers in the league. Has Geoff Brown won the Euromillions or something?

I was just about to post something similar. Our team is a bunch of misfits and under-achievers from the SPL and beyond and will continue to be so. Suggesting names like Webster, Pawlett and Fyvie is crazy.

fwiw, I like Nicky Phinn at DUFC, and McGeady as mentioned by Radford but retaining the majority of our out of contract players would feel like decent signings to be honest.

Guest Bertrand

I was referring to the post relating to someone getting fingered - although admittedly hadnt noticed there was a third page!

*smiley face thing that says "admitting that one is down to being a bawbag"*

Edited by Bertrand

Suppose that'll be the end of this thread then seeing as its been hijacked for your own conversation again then.

Sorry! Iam not sure what you mean.I would like to think anyone with REALISTIC targets as per post title will continue.Personally there is not a single player in the SPL at present that we could afford that I would want.

–adjective

Spot on as usual Radford,Del will have players in mind i'm sure,probably all from lower leagues in Scotland( done successfully so far) or youngsters being freed down south.

Guest Bertrand

–adjective

Sorry but what exactly is embarrassing about it? It states who do you think are realistic signing targets? Are you saying you think we cant afford to take any player, out of contract or not, from another SPL side?

Sorry but what exactly is embarrassing about it? It states who do you think are realistic signing targets? Are you saying you think we cant afford to take any player, out of contract or not, from another SPL side?
Very few will fall in our wage structure. Players we can afford are likely to be players other clubs dont want. I would doubt a lot of the players in this bracket could improve our squad which I guess we would be looking for.

However, if clubs are stripping their squads down, possibly but unlikely

Guest Bertrand
Very few will fall in our wage structure. Players we can afford are likely to be players other clubs dont want. I would doubt a lot of the players in this bracket could improve our squad which I guess we would be looking for.

However, if clubs are stripping their squads down, possibly but unlikely

McGhee is getting rid of ten - the players clearly arent playing for him but thats not necessarily the same for AN Other manager - would be interested to see who is in this ten

Guest Bertrand
Sorry! Iam not sure what you mean.I would like to think anyone with REALISTIC targets as per post title will continue.Personally there is not a single player in the SPL at present that we could afford that I would want.

...Go back a page...:oops:

The oops being aimed at me by the way!

McGhee is getting rid of ten - the players clearly arent playing for him but thats not necessarily the same for AN Other manager - would be interested to see who is in this ten
I'd be fairly sceptical about any caputure where a player doesnt try, as reported, for his current manager. We have pretty much a team of committed professionals with a good spirit/blend through the team. But like you say, would have to judge each player on merit.

Guest Bertrand
I'd be fairly sceptical about any caputure where a player doesnt try, as reported, for his current manager. We have pretty much a team of committed professionals with a good spirit/blend through the team. But like you say, would have to judge each player on merit.

Yeah i'd agree with that, but as you say each on merit, if a couple of decent names were in that list i'd hope we'd take them on for a few days and see what they are up to in training.

Sorry but what exactly is embarrassing about it?

That Saints fans think we should have any realistic expectation of signing some of the names mentioned. I don't want to have a go at folk so won't highlight more examples but will say that one of the names mentioned, Tomas Cerny, has today been linked with a £1 million move to Birmingham City.

There probably are good players in the SPL we could entice from other clubs if they were in a priority position for us but twist it round and ask yourself what you'd think if Hamilton, Killie or St Mirren fans were talking about signing Mackay, Davidson or Samuel?

There is a bit of a To Madeira feel to a lot of these suggestions.

–adjective

Booo.

I was just waiting on the next person to suggest Goodwillie, Rioirdan or Stokes!

There were rumours that Liam Craig and John Hughes weren't exactly best of friends.

I don't care what anyone says, if you don't get on with your boss, you're far less likely to go the extra mile for them

To Madeira

The bugger's just been sent off in my game. At least Maxim Tsigalko bagged a brace, with able support from Tonton Zola Moukoko and Mike Duff, to keep the Peterborough dream team rolling towards the Premiership Title!

Meanwhile, back in the real world.............

There were rumours that Liam Craig and John Hughes weren't exactly best of friends.

I don't care what anyone says, if you don't get on with your boss, you're far less likely to go the extra mile for them

But Liam Craig wasnt considered good enough at the time for Falkirk. If I was confident in my ability and wisnae getting a game, I would be pissed off. Saying that I would bust a gut if a chance game along. With the Aberdeen Team, it doesnt seem to be the case....