Summer Transfer Rumour Thread

Guest Bertrand

That Saints fans think we should have any realistic expectation of signing some of the names mentioned. I don't want to have a go at folk so won't highlight more examples but will say that one of the names mentioned, Tomas Cerny, has today been linked with a £1 million move to Birmingham City.

My bad, I thought he was out of contract this year. Never worth a million, 200K maximum.

I assume we'll try and post a loss on this years accounts so we might not spend much.

He was, he was rated very highly. Hughes raved about him and considered him a key part of his plans around 2006 until the couple of days when a world war almost errupted in Stirling.

Liam and Hughes fell out over his non appearance at a memorial for the young player that died at the training ground. Liam had car problems I believe,

I think that was John Stewart who didn't turn up at Craig Gowans memorial...might be wrong.

It was Stewart who is still not well liked by Falkirk fans. Craig was loss of form, drifting out of contention etc. At time sin the First I was unsure too although I must say he has proved me wrong in SPL

Liam and Hughes fell out over his non appearance at a memorial for the young player that died at the training ground. Liam had car problems I believe,

Thats rubbish i'm afraid mate. Just simply not true!

Back on topic I am aware that Tyrone Kirk has agreed to come back on trial. He has 5 games left of his season in Wales but has been given the nod by manager Greg Strong (former Motherwell, Dundee and Livi centre half) to head north. Unfortunately I fear we may have missed the boat with Kirk and Luke Holden as other clubs are now involved but hopefully we can persuade one if not both.

Cant believe people on here wanting Sheridan to stay, one wonder goal and suddenly everybody loves him, he is bloody awful!!!

He's scored 4 really important goals for us and has linked with Deuchar brilliantly. It's a bonus if we get him for next season IMO, but we'll probably have to plan without him now.

Ok so to be honest I dont really care if we sign Sheridan next season or not. He has won me over since he got fit, scored that beauty midweek and I agree he has linked up well with Deuchar but he's not going to be a cheap option! With guys like Savo, Jacko and Peaso coming back after injuries I think it might be worth going with them and Reynolds again for next season. I think Deuchar has been immense for us since January and we should make sure he has a couple of years on his contract to go (anyone know his contract situation?)

I am particularly keen on keeping Duberry and looking for another already proven centre half. Not sure who that would be of course!

Ok so to be honest I dont really care if we sign Sheridan next season or not. He has won me over since he got fit, scored that beauty midweek and I agree he has linked up well with Deuchar but he's not going to be a cheap option! With guys like Savo, Jacko and Peaso coming back after injuries I think it might be worth going with them and Reynolds again for next season. I think Deuchar has been immense for us since January and we should make sure he has a couple of years on his contract to go (anyone know his contract situation?)

I am particularly keen on keeping Duberry and looking for another already proven centre half. Not sure who that would be of course!

So running about a lot and a touch like a carthorse is more important than balance,touch and scoring for a centre forward then?Sheridan is way ahead of Deuchar in all aspects of the game,and he's got time on his hands to improve,and make a really good career in the game,Deuchs career should be in medicine 'cause he aint quality enough for us to be improving next season.

So running about a lot and a touch like a carthorse is more important than balance,touch and scoring for a centre forward then?Sheridan is way ahead of Deuchar in all aspects of the game,and he's got time on his hands to improve,and make a really good career in the game,Deuchs career should be in medicine 'cause he aint quality enough for us to be improving next season.

No but if there was a striker available who could run about and also have balance, touch and an eye for goal it's not unreasonable to suggest that bigger clubs than us would be in for them.

I don't think Sheridan has all that but he has a few of those attributes. As does Deuchar, as does Jackson, as does Peaso (you see what's happening here?...).

If someone can come up with a name to tick all those boxes and be a realistic target then fire away.

No but if there was a striker available who could run about and also have balance, touch and an eye for goal it's not unreasonable to suggest that bigger clubs than us would be in for them.

I don't think Sheridan has all that but he has a few of those attributes. As does Deuchar, as does Jackson, as does Peaso (you see what's happening here?...).

If someone can come up with a name to tick all those boxes and be a realistic target then fire away.

I'll give you Jacko and Peaso,but i've never seen Deuchs have a touch within a yard of him,and a weeble wobble has more balance.Personally think Sheridan is as good as we'll be able to afford,if the **** let him go,and being here already would maybe convince him to come here.

I love Peaso and am not fussed on Jackson. I don't think Jackson is SPL quality so would let him go. I would offer Peaso 12 months as I think he has got what it takes.

I would also be really pleased to Keep Sheridan, he is really coming onto a game and links well with the Doc. Important goals and a good ratio.

He's scored 4 really important goals for us and has linked with Deuchar brilliantly. It's a bonus if we get him for next season IMO, but we'll probably have to plan without him now.

He is a terrible player, I cant say ive noticed this great partnership either to be honst

He has poor positioning, cannot read a game and is very lazy

Curier /o\

He is a terrible player, I cant say ive noticed this great partnership either to be honst

He has poor positioning, cannot read a game and is very lazy

Couldn't agree more. Would much rather have a fit Savo, Peaso or Jacko instead of him any day.