Michael Dubbery Interview

Jamie_Beatson

Whats the deal with his family anyway? Is he going to be in london during the week for a time?

I'm not sure. I saw a quote in one of the papers this morning saying he couldn't see how Davie Wier does it and that he has something else planned.

At first I thought it would be the same idea as Wier but it doesnt seem so. Maybe every other week he spends half with his family?

Bit more detail in this one - http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2010/05/28/sportstory15134018t0.asp

"“I enjoyed my time here last season and the biggest dilemma for me was the family situation,” he said.

“I had a chat with the gaffer before the season finished and spoke to my missus and discussed things with her too.

“My trips home will be done at the manager’s discretion, similar to how (Rangers captain) Davie Weir gets to return to his Liverpool home.

“If the gaffer feels there is a break and I am a bit homesick then he will maybe allow me to go back for a bit.

“So the result of all that is my decision to give it a go for another season."

Bit more detail in this one - http://www.thecourier.co.uk/output/2010/05/28/sportstory15134018t0.asp

"“I enjoyed my time here last season and the biggest dilemma for me was the family situation,” he said.

“I had a chat with the gaffer before the season finished and spoke to my missus and discussed things with her too.

“My trips home will be done at the manager’s discretion, similar to how (Rangers captain) Davie Weir gets to return to his Liverpool home.

“If the gaffer feels there is a break and I am a bit homesick then he will maybe allow me to go back for a bit.

“So the result of all that is my decision to give it a go for another season."

Sounds identical to how the gaffer manages the boys in general. They all get wee breaks as required, albeit for different reasons. One of Del's many plus points.

A massive plus point at that.Do you think it balances up his negatives?Ever thought about your own radio show 101.BTW just realised i got 101 points in the Prediction League..design or fluke...discuss..:)

Nut. Picking the correct team and getting the right formation is the single most important part of a mangers job. He is awful at that. Monday-Friday(yeah I know he picks the squad pre-Thursday:roll:) he is the best manager in the league.

i wondered initially if st johnstone would bend over backwards to relocate his family in perth, i believe something like that happened for morris,although i dont know what the situation is with his kids and school etc. either way, good possitive interview , cant wait to see him in blue for another year