Would you sacrifice SPL status to win the Scottish Cup

SingaporeSaint

Would you sacrifice SPL status to be Scottish Cup winners  

138 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We are all in a unique situation among all of the top sides in that none of us have ever seen our team play in a Scottish cup final. Its not just in our own life time of supporting saints so when or if we ever make a Scottish cup final it will be something that we all can be proud off. Winning the thing would be the ultimate thing for me.

The cup is becoming our "Holly Grail" I believe Geoff wont stand down until he has the honour of being the Chairman of the first St Johnstone team to make the Scottish cup final. Did he not miss the last league cup final, or was it the Monaco trip?

Having been to every Scottish cup tie since our game at Parkhead in 1986, including only seeing 1/2 a game at Ross County when the bus broke down north of Bruar I will keep going until we make that final at Hampden, be it this season, next or in 10 years time.

There can be no doubt that this season could be our year. With three teams left in the draw we could have got Inverness away, the Old firm or Brechin and we got lucky. We deserved that after the great win at Hearts and we will need to be on form in the next round as its going to be Brechin's big day but we should make the semi finals. The draw will be vital but no matter who we get at least this team look like they could go all the way.

My faither always hoped the same so hopefully withing our lifetime.

Players have the experience now not to get too carried away.

Aye many a great Saints diehard never seen us reach a final never mind win it.

If we ever do it we can all drink to those that wanted but never witnessed it and think ourselves damn lucky that we were here to see it.

SAINTS FOR THE CUP

To see Saints win the Cup would be the greatest day of my life, bar none.

To hold wee john in my arms and stroke his happy wee face is too great a moment to miss out on for the mere season or 2 in division 1.

We will get relegated at some point in the next 10 years anyway and I'd rather have it that way than become a Killie style club who every season is like ground hog day.