Jean Rattray Deed

Watty

I actually spotted Jean slurping down a Yakult outside the Post Office a month or so ago. It's a memory I will always cherish. Clearly, though, it was too little, too late.

Having said that, given the number of times she's been rumoured to have snuffed it over the years, I'm not believing a word of it - I firmly believe that she cannot be destroyed by conventional methods.

Nah, Mad Max is old skool, always pleasant... not like the wee pricks that always pee up ma close and are constantly going around with manky scabbed-up faces!

How is asking a young girl like me for money whilst she tries to stagger to the next pub pleasant?!

He's the only beggar i've ever encountered in Perth! :shock:

I actually spotted Jean slurping down a Yakult outside the Post Office a month or so ago. It's a memory I will always cherish. Clearly, though, it was too little, too late.

Having said that, given the number of times she's been rumoured to have snuffed it over the years, I'm not believing a word of it - I firmly believe that she cannot be destroyed by conventional methods.

Others feel free to share their most cherished Jean memories here in a cyber book of condolences.

I was once unfortunate enough to see Jean squatting up a close having a pish, or maybe even a dump, a memory that i will take to my grave with me. I was only innocently walking thru the close beside the clydesdal bank on methven street. Wonder if she'll get turned away at the pearly gates. :?:

I was once unfortunate enough to see Jean squatting up a close having a pish, or maybe even a dump, a memory that i will take to my grave with me. I was only innocently walking thru the close beside the clydesdal bank on methven street. Wonder if she'll get turned away at the pearly gates. :?:

shell b so pissed she wont be able to find her way there :lol:

It's always annoyed me that the PA has never latched onto the Jean legend and done an interview with her. Let's face it, she's a local celebrity and someone everyone knows about - I'd be genuinely interested to hear her life story. I bet it's a cracker. The local paper could have done a great serialisation of the Jeannie legend - I know I'd buy it!

That's not to say I'm not consistently enthralled by the staple diet of adverts for the Old Firm and endless witterings about the Black bloody Watch, of course. :roll::P

How is asking a young girl like me for money whilst she tries to stagger to the next pub pleasant?!

He's the only beggar i've ever encountered in Perth! :shock:

Did he threaten you... I doubt it... Mad Max is a bit different (okay a lot) but is just a drunken buffoon.

My most memorable story of Queen Jeannie is... (don't read on if you have a weak stomach) hearing of how she lay down in a road at Xmas so that she could get jailed for a few days and get a nice meal... she was soon arrested and taken in and searched for drink and was surprisingly found 'clean'...

A day or so later she was found plastered in her cell with a full sized bottle of Darren Dodka beside her... smuggled in!!! :? :x :cry::cry:

I did warn you!

This can't be true, I've known her all my drinking life and in her case I mean drinking. Jesus was an amateur since Jeannie rose from the dead hundreds more times than him and looked as if she was nailed to a cross on several occasions.

I still like the story of her finding that machine gun which fell off the back of the army truck. Can you imagine hundreds of police surrounding her as she shoots randomly into the air or at anyone she suddenly takes a dislike to. Ramba is her name. It could have been another Hungerford or Thirstyford in her case.

I remember I was walking behind a guy and his daughter in the High Street when Jeannie approached the wee girl and said 'D'ya wanna buy a wee bit lucky white heather lassie?' (which she'd nicked from the shop round the corner) and the girl looked at her dad and he implied a no by his body language. Jeannie then stated 'Ya f'ck'n wee shite o' a bitch!' and I said "c'mon that's no way to talk to the girl' and she said 'd'you want a buy a wee bit lucky white heather?' to which I said 'not really what can you do wi it?' and then she started whacking me wi it 'Ya f'ck'n ba* ... <beep> .. <beep> ... <beep> '. I then said that's very useful and gave her 10p.

I still remember travelling round from Kinnoull Street into Mill Street in a taxi and coming screeching to a halt as Jeannie was crawling across the road. There should have been special road signs in Perth with a picture of Jeannie with a red border which indicates "Watch Out For Jeannies" just like you get for deer in the countryside.

The last I seen of Jeanne was Sunday afternoon of April 30th at about 4:30pm and it was very warm but she was lying outside Holgates Fish & Chip Shop and somebody was attending her till the Police arrived. She wasn't a well woman - shame.

R.I.P. Jeannie (if this Jeannie deceased story is true)

I saw her on Friday. Think it was in the South Street.

How has it been confirmed?

Is this the last confirmed sighting of sweet jean rattray by a forumite?? Feel privileged if it is Phil, you might want to say a word or two at her funeral...