Perths best chippie--- Past and Present

Wish i was Joe McGurn

Definitely Holdgates, many's the time after a game in the bad old days before Geoff and a fair few afterwards, it was off the minibus in South St, into the Tavie for half a dozen pints then over the road for a great fish supper or white pudding (sometimes both!) then out for the night.

Aye them were the days!!!!

Auld Louie up in Garth Ave was a good ane. Used to open at dinner time to sell penny sweets to the school bairns.

What chippy started the home delivery in Perth?

Step forward the chippy on Glengarry Road, I think it was called Ronaldo's at the time? It was over 20 years ago now...

Afishionados in the Old High Street cook the fish to order, always fresh and plenty of it too - be hungry if you go in there!! :D

On the downside, I wandered off from the 208 on Saturday and decided to try the chippie on Crieff Road where Aladdins used to be, walked in and the place was rank with stale/rancid oil. Decided to forget it and went home for toast and cheese.....

The best chippie is the 1o1 in north muirton.I have been a few time and there fried pizza suppers are amazing there fish is good and there kebaba are great.

The worst one is creiff road chippie.Got a fish supper from there the other week the chips were rank and the fish tasted like it was a few weeks past it's best

In my day, Holdgates was very good, but my best was Cavellinis (Sp?) just off Hunter Crescent. The fish and chips were excellent and I would have jumped into the fryer for a kiss at Patsy Orange's lips. What a beautiful girl.

Hang about....I'd still jump into the fryer.

Smudge (Ah, Patsy, ya wee stotter!)

S