Perths best chippie--- Past and Present

Wish i was Joe McGurn

Was rushed in to Holdgates today for an emergency fish supper as I was the hungriest I've ever been.

Summed up in one word BRAW!

Should change its name to Goldgates, that's what I say.

Geez Dave I've heard of an emergency transfusion, emergency operation, emergency flight but emergency fish supper I have a picture off you strapped tae a table in Holdgates the punters putting the fish supper in a blender and pumping it intae a vein:shock:

• 2 months later...

The Fish & Chip Shop company in Cragie is the best by miles. Nane o' yer foreign crap, just a regular fish and chip shop where the grub is well cooked and the service is near flawless. Prices are more than fair.

I've just noticed this thread after I posted in the 'worst chippy' thread.
The Fish & Chip company used to be the Washington Cafe.
My dad owned it from circa late 50's to 1970 then I took over until 1975 then Jerry from Auchterarder bought the lease and his son-in-law(?) Mike ran it for years.

Can anyone remember the wee green wooden hut on the Edinburgh road opposite the Friarton and Mack Bowie's shop.
It was run by Sepp Bartoli and when Glengarry road was built Sepp was the occupier of the chippy.
He had a son Richard and a lassie Diane(?).
She was a stoatir and became an air-hostess.