Inverness Away

crieffsaintandy

I know its a few weeks yet before any smartass says anything!!

A few of you guys were talking about it yesterday, I'm thinking of going for the 8:36 train arrives at 11:55 no changes, don't care about the train home think it is 6:45pm or so, the earlier train up at 6am or so takes about an hour longer as it involves two changes.

I can get two adults and two kids for £42 return, at any of these times, just to get an idea what everyone else is planning, to get the crack on the train as a group and see the state of GWR (if available for selection) by the time we hit inversneckie.

Hopefully going to make this although it could be hit or miss as it's my Mum's birthday the same day and If I don't go and see her sure as feck my brothers wont!

I could Possibly get a lift up to Perth from Kinross and join you all on the train there though. Fingers crossed.

Edited by SaintDougie

Alicia and I are training it too, but I cannot find £16 return tickets. best I can find is £20ish

Apoligies, I got the facts wrong, they are for the 55 year olds plus, £20.40 for two singles is the best I can find.

We are now booked on the 8.36 from Waverley, so will see those on that train at waverley/haymarket and meet others up there.

Edited by crieffsaintandy

• 3 weeks later...
Hopefully going to make this although it could be hit or miss as it's my Mum's birthday the same day and If I don't go and see her sure as feck my brothers wont!

I could Possibly get a lift up to Perth from Kinross and join you all on the train there though. Fingers crossed.

F**K it, I'm in as well. Sounds like far to much fun to be missed.

Om East Coast Trains still £20.60 for two singles (£10.30), on the service mentioned above by Stu, 8:33 and return at 6:45, don't think it will be a dry train from Edinburgh, maybe change to dry when the Perth masses get on, nothing like getting a few beers in early doors just in case!!

http://www.raileasy.co.uk/

This is the link Nold sent me that he booked with. I think it was working out around £22 or so.

Not sure if i'll make this one after all. I'm skint with the new flat and with a wage without any overtime at the end of the month coming up and loads to pay for I doubt i'll make it. Not sure when i'll get to a game. Only been to the Hearts one so far.

It will be a last minute thing if it turns out that I can make it.

• 5 weeks later...