The God Delusion

CynicalSaintee

Didactic. Solipsistic. Intansigent. Intolerant of others opinions. Kapish?

The phrase "what on earth" did make me chuckle though.

A fundamentalist atheist is a dicactic, solipsistic, intransigent, intolerent person who doesn't believe in God?

Where do didacticism, solipsism, intransigence and intolerence fit into the fundementals of atheism?

I'm quite proud to to be an intolerant and "fundamentalist" atheist. People with woolly religious beliefs should be challenged, ridiculed and marginalized.

Fairy stories have no place in the 21st century. Tony Blairs "Faith Schools" and the like, give me the boak.

Folk might as well believe in Dragons and Wizards.

Edited by Pop

A fundamentalist atheist is a dicactic, solipsistic, intransigent, intolerent person who doesn't believe in God?

Where do didacticism, solipsism, intransigence and intolerence fit into the fundementals of atheism?

Furthermore, I am so glad that there are people in this world who are so certain of the truth. Very "enlightening" (sic).

Me, I am merely a humble peasant. As David Hume opined, "Religion? It would take a miracle for me to believe in it".

Anyone who believes in god is brainwashed.

They believe the book of fairytales that is the bible, a book written by the Hans Christian Anderson of yesteryear.

Seriously, think about it.

Obviously millions of people do believe.

They believe because they have read a book or have been told, or because they follow others who go to a chuch and worship, not because they have seen or heard from god. That is called being brainwashed.

If you believed everything regarding religion, there are countless gods, who all rule the world in different ways, rules and regulations.

It all depends on the brainwashing you recieve.

Furthermore, I am so glad that there are people in this world who are so certain of the truth. Very "enlightening" (sic).

Me, I am merely a humble peasant. As David Hume opined, "Religion? It would take a miracle for me to believe in it".

No-one can be 100% certain, and I doubt if asked, anyone would say they were.

Even "fundamentalist" Dawkins himself has said hes only 99.9% sure theres no god, and that on 'The Scale of Theism', hes only a 6 out of 7.

Cant disprove a negative etc etc

Thats why that atheist group had that "there PROBABLY is no god" bus advertising campaign a few years back. (which christians, without a hint of irony, hilariously hit back with their own "there DEFINITELY is a god" series of ads)

No-one can be 100% certain, and I doubt if asked, anyone would say they were.

Even "fundamentalist" Dawkins himself has said hes only 99.9% sure theres no god, and that on 'The Scale of Theism', hes only a 6 out of 7.

Cant disprove a negative etc etc

Thats why that atheist group had that "there PROBABLY is no god" bus advertising campaign a few years back. (which christians, without a hint of irony, hilariously hit back with their own "there DEFINITELY is a god" series of ads)

Can't argue with any of that. Spot on.