Scotland game last night

Nuggets

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The booing to McFadden when he got the ball in first half, the chorus of boos as the half time whistle went, the booing of kenny miller (just before he scored). It was very much a theme of the night.

everything got booed and hissed at after about 30 mins, booing the national anthem was pathetic.

Not fussed at all about the booing of Lichensteins anthem. It sounds exactly like Englands anthem, what do you really expect? Really?

As for the booing of the team, I think its merited. These opponents were a team whose entire population is just less than Perth.

To be expected from an imbecile who can't even spell Liechtenstein.

I was there, didn't and wouldn't boo though.

Nevertheless, I'm not sure what the problem is. People can't get their heads round the fact that football is just pantomime and the nonsense that goes on in football stadiums is so puerile that it shouldn't ever be taken seriously. Who cares if a stupid anthem is booed? I found it reasonably funny.

People of Liechtenstein don't be offended!

Not fussed at all about the booing of Lichensteins anthem. It sounds exactly like Englands anthem, what do you really expect? Really?

I expect a degree of intelligence and grace. Oh wait it's the Tartan Army, I expect drunken idiots who'll piss in people's gardens in front of children before giving them abuse and an understanding of Scottish histroy and identity based on a sh1te Mel Gibson film. Robin Galloway in the Sun actually claimed they had chosen the tune to wind us up!

A statement on behalf of the Scottish FA’s acting chief executive,

George Peat:

“I was embarrassed and extremely disappointed by the disgraceful

behaviour of some of our supporters during the Liechtenstein national

anthem at Hampden Park last night.

“The Scotland fans have worked hard to earn their reputation

throughout the world as fun-loving and respectful followers of football.

Last night, those who chose to boo our opponents’ anthem only served

to tarnish that reputation.

“I apologise unreservedly to our visitors for the crass reaction to

their anthem, just as I did in private last night to the Liechtenstein

delegation. It must not be forgotten that all nations must abide by

FIFA’s Fair Play policy and last night’s behaviour does nothing to

help Scotland’s image.”

A statement on behalf of the Scottish FA’s acting chief executive,

George Peat:

“I was embarrassed and extremely disappointed by the disgraceful

behaviour of some of our supporters during the Liechtenstein national

anthem at Hampden Park last night.

“The Scotland fans have worked hard to earn their reputation

throughout the world as fun-loving and respectful followers of football.

Last night, those who chose to boo our opponents’ anthem only served

to tarnish that reputation.

“I apologise unreservedly to our visitors for the crass reaction to

their anthem, just as I did in private last night to the Liechtenstein

delegation. It must not be forgotten that all nations must abide by

FIFA’s Fair Play policy and last night’s behaviour does nothing to

help Scotland’s image.”

Are you making this statement on behalf of George Peat? If not, who is?

I expect a degree of intelligence and grace. Oh wait it's the Tartan Army, I expect drunken idiots who'll piss in people's gardens in front of children before giving them abuse

Completely untrue.

If the same thing had been said about all football fans (therefore presumably including you)how would you feel?

The vast majority of the TA go to games to have a laugh with their mates, respect the law of whichever country they are in and watch the game hoping for their team to win but not taking it too badly if they draw or lose. Some want/ need alcohol to go along with this and some don't.

Sounds very similar to all of the games I have been to following Saints over the years.

There will undoubtedly be some idiots (drunken or not) amongst any large following but go to any Saints away game and somebody will be going over the score or doing something which others find offensive.

So please cut the "all Scotland fans are drunken arses" routine.

The Tartan Army are an embarassment!

What a total over reaction all of this is!

A few erseshole do a bit of booing at a football match and the entire reputation of the Tartan Army is an embarrassment now is it?

Until the day that the Tartan Army do this, they will always be great ambassadors of the fun loving, friendly folk we are renound to be.

What a total over reaction all of this is!

A few erseshole do a bit of booing at a football match and the entire reputation of the Tartan Army is an embarrassment now is it?

Until the day that the Tartan Army do this, they will always be great ambassadors of the fun loving, friendly folk we are renound to be.

Presumably picking a 10 year old piece of footage of England fans rioting is a mere coincidence?

Can't recall much bother in recent years. Would it not have been more germane to show footage of the Spanish racially abusing black English players, or is your xenophobia more selective?

Just saying likes.....and you spell renowned like this.

Edited by saint jason

Presumably picking a 10 year old piece of footage of England fans rioting is a mere coincidence?

Can't recall much bother in recent years. Would it not have been more germane to show footage of the Spanish racially abusing black English players or is your xenophobia more selective?

Just saying likes.....and you spell renowned like this.

Dear SaintJason the all mighty master of the English language,

I was not being xenophobic towards anyone. Merely picked some footage of international football violence that was relatively recent to prove the point that people booing was nothing in comparison. And yes you could use footage of a minority of Spanish racially abusing black English players to prove the same point, but that was not the first thing that came to mind. Would you have had such a pathetic dig if the title of the clip said German football hooligans? I very much doubt it.

And so what if I spelt one single word incorrectly. Stop trying to be We Are Perth's resident English teacher.

You are ridiculously condescending to others at times on this forum and you know it.

You're best chum in the whole wide world

SaintDougie

Completely untrue.

If the same thing had been said about all football fans (therefore presumably including you)how would you feel?

The vast majority of the TA go to games to have a laugh with their mates, respect the law of whichever country they are in and watch the game hoping for their team to win but not taking it too badly if they draw or lose. Some want/ need alcohol to go along with this and some don't.

Sounds very similar to all of the games I have been to following Saints over the years.

There will undoubtedly be some idiots (drunken or not) amongst any large following but go to any Saints away game and somebody will be going over the score or doing something which others find offensive.

So please cut the "all Scotland fans are drunken arses" routine.

Try living near Hampden and tell me the same. Obviously not all Scotland fans or people who say they're in the Tartan Army do this. But a signifcant number have and always will be drunken, xenophobic idiots. True this could be said of any set of fans, but it is certainly noticeable with Scotland fans.

Try living near Hampden and tell me the same. Obviously not all Scotland fans or people who say they're in the Tartan Army do this. But a signifcant number have and always will be drunken, xenophobic idiots. True this could be said of any set of fans, but it is certainly noticeable with Scotland fans.

ODAB - you live in Glasgow, you should expect people to piss in your garden!