Cleveland Taylor

Real Madrid

It's difficult to pass fair judgement on Cleveland because he featured so little before being dropped for the shocker that is JMW. I have friends who are League Two supporters who can't speak highly enough of Cleveland. From what little I got to see of him in the Saints jersey, he wasn't all that bad. A bit lightweight and didn't always win the ball, but could put in a very decent cross (the goal at Tynecastle was evidence of that). He maybe didn't set the pitch alight, but he was a million times better than Myrie-Williams.

The big problem is that neither of them seem to want it badly enough. Cleve made a horrible throw away remark during a bounce game in which he implied that he wouldn't work back because he's not a full back. I'll hold that against him for ever.

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As well as Taylor where's Dobie? Is he injured? If Adams hadn't been sent back to Dundee he might've been in with a chance of playing on Sat given our injury problems in midfield. JMW is too lightweight & didn't make any attempt to tackle on Sat. Our midfield struggled to cope without Davidson & Jody.

I find it really sad that after being subjected to watching Myrie-Williams for weeks, Cleveland was getting abuse from Saints fans the minute he got on the park. Bunch of utter idiots.

Agree. Saints fans have to realise wingers don't always beat their men and the more abuse they receive the less likely they are to try. Sing his name and cheer him and watch what confidence does to a wide player. Look at what has happened to Gareth Bale - we bit of confidence and all of a sudden everything he does comes off.

There was a great interview with Taylor in the programme yesterday. Don't write this guy off yet. Starts on the right on Wednesday night for me.

I find it really sad that after being subjected to watching Myrie-Williams for weeks, Cleveland was getting abuse from Saints fans the minute he got on the park. Bunch of utter idiots.

Completely agree with both these posts...we were certainly trying to give Cleeve some positive support and he looked like he could have something to offer if he gets his confidence up

Appalling yesterday. Anyone that thinks he's better than JMW is deluded.

You'd have decided that before he came on though. Judge him on the game he played yesterday only and there is no way his performance can be referred to as appalling. He should be starting on the right on Wednesday night and should be properly judged on how he does in the first team environment, not in practice matches or training sessions.

You'd have decided that before he came on though. Judge him on the game he played yesterday only and there is no way his performance can be referred to as appalling. He should be starting on the right on Wednesday night and should be properly judged on how he does in the first team environment, not in practice matches or training sessions.

He cost us the first goal by trying to beat a man when he was in the perfect position to cross! He then did it another twice in the second half. It's all he can do, and boy can he do it well, yet he failed to provide a decent cross all game. He's too slow to be an outlet and unlike JMW, he can't drag men out of position because our rivals aren't fussed when gets the ball.

I agree that I've made my mind up on him.

He cost us the first goal by trying to beat a man when he was in the perfect position to cross! He then did it another twice in the second half. It's all he can do, and boy can he do it well, yet he failed to provide a decent cross all game. He's too slow to be an outlet and unlike JMW, he can't drag men out of position because our rivals aren't fussed when gets the ball.

I agree that I've made my mind up on him.

So Dave falls on his arse, Duberry sticks it in the back of the net and you give all the blame to Cleveland Taylor, :?

Think he should be given a couple of games especially as we don`t have many options for midfield.

A bit worried about his defensive quailities as there was an occasion on Saturday when he was standing watching the play instead of the guy behind him who was in acres of space.

Think he should be given a couple of games especially as we don`t have many options for midfield.

A bit worried about his defensive quailities as there was an occasion on Saturday when he was standing watching the play instead of the guy behind him who was in acres of space.

The guys at the club are horrified by his work rate. If only we could combine his crossing with Midgie's effort we'd have a player who we'd lose in January:roll::laugh:

Having said that JMW is a lazy prick also so I'm not gonna pick on Cleve for his work ethic. Both are very poor players, but JMW looks like he's capable of creating chances, I don't get that feeling with Cleve.

The guys at the club are horrified by his work rate. If only we could combine his crossing with Midgie's effort we'd have a player who we'd lose in January:roll::laugh:

Having said that JMW is a lazy prick also so I'm not gonna pick on Cleve for his work ethic. Both are very poor players, but JMW looks like he's capable of creating chances, I don't get that feeling with Cleve.

Header & shot against the bar was more than 9 others did.

Think he is a far better player than Williams but no better than Morais or Swankie.