#14 - 06/11/10 - Saints 0-3 Kilmarnock - SPL

slf

• Replies 331
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That may be the case but how are you breaking that down ?

Wage rises

Policing and stewarding costs

Tax payments

Lower crowds / financial restrains

Increased Busget for new players

Interested to see what you put the loss down to.

Unless I saw the accounts I can only speculate, but I'd imagine all of the signing on fees, wages and loan fees from his sd1 signings didn't help. And the floodlight replacement, although obviously that isn't his fault. And missing out on top six, then seventh place.

Edited by CynicalSaintee

Unless I saw the accounts I can only speculate, but I'd imagine all of the signing on fees, wages and loan fees from his sd1 signings didn't help. And the floodlight replacement, although obviously that isn't his fault. And missing out on top six, then seventh place.

"Missing out" on top 6 would suggest that that achievement was included in any business case put forward. I dont think that would have been the position

"Missing out" on top 6 would suggest that that achievement was included in any business case put forward. I dont think that would have been the position

You're probably right, but nobody likes to lose 1/3rd of a million in that space of time.

To be honest, I see no point in continuing this argument. I've pinned my colours to the flagpole and I think we can do better. It's gotten to the point of redundant nitpicking on both parts. I think we can do better than Del, and that's about it.

You're probably right, but nobody likes to lose 1/3rd of a million in that space of time.

To be honest, I see no point in continuing this argument. I've pinned my colours to the flagpole and I think we can do better. It's gotten to the point of redundant nitpicking on both parts. I think we can do better than Del, and that's about it.

oh dear this is dels fault olso :evil: give us and him a bloody break :evil::evil::evil:

You've pinned your colours to the flagpole alright. Not only have you decided that the management team that has us competing in the SPL is hopeless, you're now questioning the fiscal integrity of a vastly experienced businessman and board.

Preposterous drivel, well done!

Don't be stupid, I'd never suppose such a thing. I was saying Del has cost us a lot of money.

Which he has.

Don't be stupid, I'd never suppose such a thing. I was saying Del has cost us a lot of money.

Which he has.

In effect C/S you are having a go at Geoff Brown and the board of St.Johnstone fc....My understanding is that DEL can identify players that HE thinks has a real chance of proving themselves at Saints....ONCE they have been identified it is up to Geoff and the board to say Yeah or Nay and therefor approve the funds.

It is then a JOINT decision between the manager and the board to decide.

Sadly we cannot go out and buy a particular class of player (ie better than we have) as we do not have a large fan base and rely upon other forms of revenue.

Cup runs and getting to Semis or Finals is a great source of funds -but we cannot rely upon that every season.

EVERY manager buys or sells a player that he later on may regret giving the chance in the first place....BUT the club buys what it can afford at the time.

Yeah we are all divided on who is good and who is bad ---but we are in a tough and competitive league where many of the clubs are spending outwith their means and MAY regret doing so in the future.

We have lost games by the odd goal and played crap doing so....but we have also won games in the same fashion.

Its time to stop the negativity before xmas....as it seems to happen every season and wait until the end of the season before looking at the bigger picture.

The players need to shoulder the blame for the last few games where NO so called passion has been seen.

I for one see DEL as the best option and hope that he can show his doubters that he has the ability to finish in the top 6.

Roll on Wednesday....3 pts versus Motherwell.

In effect C/S you are having a go at Geoff Brown and the board of St.Johnstone fc....My understanding is that DEL can identify players that HE thinks has a real chance of proving themselves at Saints....ONCE they have been identified it is up to Geoff and the board to say Yeah or Nay and therefor approve the funds.

It is then a JOINT decision between the manager and the board to decide.

Sadly we cannot go out and buy a particular class of player (ie better than we have) as we do not have a large fan base and rely upon other forms of revenue.

Cup runs and getting to Semis or Finals is a great source of funds -but we cannot rely upon that every season.

EVERY manager buys or sells a player that he later on may regret giving the chance in the first place....BUT the club buys what it can afford at the time.

Yeah we are all divided on who is good and who is bad ---but we are in a tough and competitive league where many of the clubs are spending outwith their means and MAY regret doing so in the future.

We have lost games by the odd goal and played crap doing so....but we have also won games in the same fashion.

Its time to stop the negativity before xmas....as it seems to happen every season and wait until the end of the season before looking at the bigger picture.

The players need to shoulder the blame for the last few games where NO so called passion has been seen.

I for one see DEL as the best option and hope that he can show his doubters that he has the ability to finish in the top 6.

Roll on Wednesday....3 pts versus Motherwell.

good post but will he understand it:roll:

Guest Harry Curran's Love child
:roll:

Would you say the signing of Dobie was economically sensible/are we getting value for money?

I think its far too early to make a reasoned arguement either way on that one Cynical.

For every Jason Scotland we sign there will be Nick McKoy but this isn't exclusive to teams like saints or managers like Del. At Man UTD, for every Ronaldo there is a .........................Kleberson!

Nobody is aware of what the budget restraints were that would deem Dobie economical or not. He is a squad player, by the role's very nature he isn't going to be involved week in, week out.

I think a lot of guys like Dobie are going to become vital as the season goes on. We've already lost Haber long term, what are the odds on Sammy/Jackson remaining fit? I'm confident he'll play his part, along with the other peripheral players.

Watched the goals a few times and its absolute comedy club defending at all three. The major Duberry cock up i promised was on the way duly arrived, ok you might say he was unlucky but i prefer to look at his reaction to Daves slip, far to slow to cover the cross to the near post, the result he sticks a half hearted leg out and its a goal. Ask yourself what was he doing at the second? Caught in no mans land and lets the ball get played through cheaply and Rusty was a bit unfortunate with the block. The third was even worse, Liam Craig looks at his man then decides to leave him and drift to the middle, the ball comes over and its 3-0 schoolboy stuff