#18 - 27/11/10 - Hibernian 0-0 Saints - SPL

Mike180279

Very pleased with the point but cant help feeling we should of left with more.

As a defensive unit, we were very organised (apart from the fact we seemed to offer so much space to Hibs down Maybury's Flank, who never capitalised on) and I couldnt see Hibs scoring - even more so when they withdrew miller!

Going forward though, something was missed. Did we actually even get a shot today? I cant remember one? There was no movement and parkin had to keep coming deeper for the ball. A few occasions we didnt seem to want it enough. Far too slow breaking.

Sammy was terrible. Not just the miss, he just didnt look interested at all. Jacko when he came on burst a gut chasing a few balls and offered us more.

• Replies 226
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Aye I think that was the group of kids sat at the back. To be fair they had a good wee sing song too.

http://www.pieandbovril.com/forum/index.php/topic/136332-hibs-0-0-stjohnstone-271110/page__view__findpost__p__4867885

Haha I never realised that they were supporters of another team. I just though they were being twats and not knowing the words.

Good efforts from them in that case trying to start up some songs.

Our defence was solid, hibs never looked like scoring, not once did i feel we were under any pressure, i think a confident sammy would of buried his chance, all in all 4 points from two tough away games is a good deal. Happy stuff.

Stevie may does have hair of a rock star. He did seem a wee bit embaressed that we sang it though, sorry young ain

Coldest game I've been to in a while, not helped by the fact I walked 3 miles in the ice rink they call pavements in Edinburgh. Was hoping for an exciting game to warm me - not likely. The first 45 minutes were dreadful and we were slightly better in the second half.

Really starting to have reservations about Parkin - I seen Lorries turning quicker in the snow than he did on Saturday - most of our moves broke down because of him and his finishing with his head was poor on Saturday as we actually provided him with decent service for once. Not even going to comment on Sammys performance.

You really have to ask questions why Jacko and Peaso are not starting considering they are the only two who show form when they play?

Midfield and defence were good though - certainly we look alot more comfortable at the back. However, I felt really sorry for Taylor - the reason he was crap for us at the start of the season is he can't play left wing. Why do we always play wingers on the WRONG side?

Davidson is coming into his own though and Liam made a real difference when he came on. Good signs.

hopefully Del will eventually se that Parkin is a carthorse who is slow can`t hold the ball & can very rarely header the ball in the right direction.

Think we should try Peaso & Jackson up front. don`t think he has tried that combination before.Its obvious as well that even given the reasonable run Sammy has had ,he is not the answer either.

Really starting to have reservations about Parkin - I seen Lorries turning quicker in the snow than he did on Saturday - most of our moves broke down because of him and his finishing with his head was poor on Saturday as we actually provided him with decent service for once. Not even going to comment on Sammys performance.

We were saying that about Parkin...every touch he had took him away from goal...that could have been down to the fact though that he was not getting a shout that the defender was backing off him, allowing him the chance to turn. Don't think Parkin and Sammy talk to each other at all :?

substitute parkin for doc and you will have a thread from this time last year

Aye but the doc was contributing to our general play, as became apparent the longer the season went on or when he wasn't playing. It was completely lost on many that his game wasn't only about goals, despite his nickname of Dr Goals.

Really starting to have reservations about Parkin

You really have to ask questions why Jacko and Peaso are not starting considering they are the only two who show form when they play?

However, I felt really sorry for Taylor - the reason he was crap for us at the start of the season is he can't play left wing. Why do we always play wingers on the WRONG side?

Davidson is coming into his own though and Liam made a real difference when he came on. Good signs.

All good points.

I keep saying 'look at Rooney/Higdon/Sammon', then look at Parkin. Is it him or is it our style of play?

Jacko and Peaso always look direct.

Taylor is a right winger.

Liam looked like his old self.

but look at sammon last season, your talking about players who have had atleast a season to settle in and find there feet but look for instant results from a guy who plays in a team thats chopped and changed week in week out.

A little patience may be needed

exactly ronaldo for man utd needed a season to get settled in i think this time next season he will be in the same form as sammon is now

exactly ronaldo for man utd needed a season to get settled in i think this time next season he will be in the same form as sammon is now

Lets not get carried away. Ronaldo was young and was developing his game. He is also a supremely talented player. You cannot compare him in any way to Sam Parkin.

You also cannot compare Parkin to Sammon as they are different players. One is fast and mobile and runs a back line. The other is an old fashioned target man who relies purely on crosses.