January Transfer Window Thread

Guest Harry Curran's Love child

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Somefolk would have you believe that all SPL clubs were just gagging on the window to creak open and flash the cash....er not really.Hibs got £200000 for bombscare bamba and the total spent so far nil.

I got pelters on here for suggesting we probably wont buy anyone. It is called being realistic.

I got pelters on here for suggesting we probably wont buy anyone. It is called being realistic.

I would be quite surprised if we don't bring anyone in on loan, with the noises made by Del recently. Not expecting much more than that.....it will more than likely be a bench player too.

Still....lets keep touting ourselves with Griffiths, it is still silly season! :wink:

After the impact Templeton has had at Hearts and the Arab's purchases ovewr the years, I'm surprised more teams aren't looking towards young players playing in the lower leagues rather than the usual rubbish like Curier etc.

No doubt we will get a loan player in but will he just be here to warm the bench like the lad from Bolton last season!!

Wouldnt mind if Del brought in a striker on loan perhaps Reuben Reid from WBA or Tom Eaves from Bolton. Worth taking a punt on as I think Del will try keep Peaso (Sammy) and Sam together for as long as possible.

Where did the lad Shinnie who was on loan at Dundee from Rangers end up, always heard good things about him. Dont think he'll bring in a defender if anyones coming in

Wouldnt mind if Del brought in a striker on loan perhaps Reuben Reid from WBA or Tom Eaves from Bolton. Worth taking a punt on as I think Del will try keep Peaso (Sammy) and Sam together for as long as possible.

Where did the lad Shinnie who was on loan at Dundee from Rangers end up, always heard good things about him. Dont think he'll bring in a defender if anyones coming in

I think Andrew Shinnie is back at Rangers and his brother was the one playing for Caley.

McAllister would be an interesting one. Why do you say he wouldn't move SaintJ? I seem to recall his PT status fits well with work or study, is that right?

McAllister would be an interesting one. Why do you say he wouldn't move SaintJ? I seem to recall his PT status fits well with work or study, is that right?

That is right, he is also an apprentice plumber and has said that is where his future lies. Shame, because he is doing the business for Brechin.

Worrying to read that GB states the size of the squad is too big, I thought it was fairly trim. Loan deals will be the order of the day and if we can get anyone who was as good at scoring as Cillian Sheridan, then I will be more than happy.

5 goals at home so far this season............................:sad:

As the tagline to 'Close Encounters of the Third Kind' says:

We Are Not Alone

Yes but even the PA reckoned the 3100+ attendance for our 1st home game since mid-Nov could have been better. We currently have the 2nd lowest average gates in the SPL so perhaps GB is slightly concerned about finances & the wage bill.

Not every saints fan picks up the sunday herald either.

Why not the whoorier or the pa

Del has made the point in both those papers that GB is concerned about the squad size/wage bill. He made the point that GB has always looked after the club's best interests & therefore he, as manager, has to respect that.

Player biographies

Alan Maybury - First team - Defender

Andy Jackson - First Team - Striker

Chris Millar - First Team - Midfielder

Cleveland Taylor - First Team - Midfield

Collin Samuel - First team - Striker

Danny Grainger - First Team - Defender

David Mackay - First Team - Defender

Graeme Smith - First Team - Goalkeeper

Graham Gartland - First Team - Central defender

Jamie Adams - First Team - Midfield

Jody Morris - First Team - Midfielder

Kevin Moon - First Team - Midfielder

Kevin Rutkiewicz - First Team - Central Defender

Liam Caddis - Under 19s/First Team - Midfielder

Liam Craig - First Team - Midfielder

Michael Duberry - First Team - Defender

Murray Davidson - First Team - Midfielder

Peter Enckelman - First Team - Goalkeeper

Peter MacDonald - First Team - Striker

Sam Parkin - First Team - Striker

Scott Dobie - First team - Striker

Stephen Reynolds - Under 19s - Striker

Steven Anderson - First Team - Defender

Steven Milne - First Team - Striker

Stevie May - Under 19s - Striker

Ones in bold are the ones that I think could be heading out or on loan, Would still leave a squad of 20 plus other under 19s who may in due course step up.