Travel clubs use of the Tulloch Institute.

Has now been confirmed that ANYONE using the Tulloch Institute and is NOT already a member of said club - will require to take out an annual membership to use the facilities at the end of this month (January 2011).

Informed that you have to give your name and address to the club along with the relevant fee.

Male = £10

Female = £5

Now before the activists etc jump on this -it seemingly has to do with "voting rights" issued by the Tulloch themselves and NOT by the travel club .

Choice is yours .

Has now been confirmed that ANYONE using the Tulloch Institute and is NOT already a member of said club - will require to take out an annual membership to use the facilities at the end of this month (January 2011).

Informed that you have to give your name and address to the club along with the relevant fee.

Male = £10

Female = £5

Now before the activists etc jump on this -it seemingly has to do with "voting rights" issued by the Tulloch themselves and NOT by the travel club .

Choice is yours .

Could be the death of the bus Ancient , although I am assuming that we can still book the bus and get on it , we just cannot enter the Tulloch so maybe it will make little or no diffence as long as the buses turn up at time..Gotta say, I knew they would do this.. I will still use the bus ( if I can) but I certainly aint taking out a membership of the Tulloch..

Could be the death of the bus Ancient , although I am assuming that we can still book the bus and get on it , we just cannot enter the Tulloch so maybe it will make little or no diffence as long as the buses turn up at time..Gotta say, I knew they would do this.. I will still use the bus ( if I can) but I certainly aint taking out a membership of the Tulloch..

I will continue to be involved with the bus.

I want to add that the bus will still depart and drop you off after a game in the Tulloch car park or at the bus stop which ever is easier.

Also, please be aware that this has NOTHING to do with me.

Any grievance that you have, can you please direct this to the club and not me.

Thank you

Tania

As Tania says "G" -you can still book the bus and get on and off it in the car park of the club ---However if you are looking for a pre-travel drink at the Tulloch then i'm afraid thats the rules of the Tulloch.

Its been a struggle to completely fill the away bus every week --but dont think that we are alone in that -just the way it is at the moment.

Hopefully that will change and folk will come back -it was all so promising in the beginning.

Edited by ancientsaint

As Tania says "G" -you can still book the bus and get on and off it in the car park of the club ---However if you are looking for a pre-travel drink at the Tulloch then i'm afraid thats the rules of the Tulloch.

Its been a struggle to completely fill the away bus every week --but dont think that we are alone in that -just the way it is at the moment.

Hopefully that will change and folk will come back -it was all so promosing in the beginning.

Nothing to stop folk going to the 208 pre bus for a pint then walking doon to Tulloch to get on the bus I suppose, so there are options..

I will continue to be involved with the bus.

I want to add that the bus will still depart and drop you off after a game in the Tulloch car park or at the bus stop which ever is easier.

Thank you

Tania

Don't worry Tania I don't think anyone is gonna blame you..Maybe someone will come up with a plan for another bus leaving from elsewhere if too many are unhappy..Need to wait and see how people react to the news.. As I say though, it's not your fault...

Nothing to stop folk going to the 208 pre bus for a pint then walking doon to Tulloch to get on the bus I suppose, so there are options..

Don't worry Tania I don't think anyone is gonna blame you..Maybe someone will come up with a plan for another bus leaving from elsewhere if too many are unhappy..Need to wait and see how people react to the news.. As I say though, it's not your fault...

Thank you very much.

I would still like to be involved even if you all decide that you don't want to leave from the Tulloch Institute anymore.

Tania

did you guys not have memerships for the dunkeld road clubby ?

I did but it was THE SAINTS CLUB... I wanted to be a member. I lived nearby and could use it whenever I wanted.. The thing here Erchie is that we asked if this would happen when we were agreeing to relocate the bus and were told that we would NOT have to join.. It was the only question I asked at the AGM.. I have nothing against the Tulloch, it's a decent club, but I am pissed at being told one thing and now another..

The way its going we will be lucky to have 200 on the bus within a year -might even have to consider a smaller coach than normal.

sad but true.admission prices at away games are too high.maybe the club should go to alternate events.that would maybe fill the bus and revitalise interest.for example, one week for our away excursion we could go to see arbroath .its a proper footie ground with a good boozer nearby and reasonable admission prices.the next away game for saints we could maybe go on a shopping trip to edinburgh ,do the touristy thing or visit gleenshee and get blotto at the spittal and get the results on there big fu ck off telly.

thats the way forward.

• 1 year later...