#25 - 26/01/11 - Saints 1-0 Motherwell - SPL

• Replies 203
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Samuel and Parkin should both be dropped. Peaso and Jackson to start up top. I think the midfield struggled on Saturday but a lot of that was down to the pitch. I wouldn't change much, but I think we should play like this;

Enkleman

Mackay, Anderson, Duberry, Grainger

Adams, Morris, Davidson

Millar, Jackson, MacDonald

Samuel and Parkin should both be dropped. Peaso and Jackson to start up top. I think the midfield struggled on Saturday but a lot of that was down to the pitch. I wouldn't change much, but I think we should play like this;

Enkleman

Adams, Morris, Davidson

Millar, Jackson, MacDonald

Wee Chris mostly gets a nose-bleed if he gets anywhere near the opposition goal. One of his redeeming qualities at the moment is his ability to track back...this would be removed in this formation.

As I have said in other threads, I would put Adams up front, and if you want to stick with Peaso and Jackson (although I prefer Sammy) let them feed off the scraps. Adams would really ruffle the feathers of their defence and unsettle them...something Parkin doesn't do

I'd go:

Enckleman

Taylor, Morris, Davidson, Craig

May, MacDonald

Harsh on Millar being dropped but we really are creating nothing at the moment. The front pairing is on the assumption that Jackson still has the bubonic plague or whatever is keeping him out the squad this time - otherwise I'd start him instead of May.

Big, can win headers and the fact that he puts himself about in the tackle....potentially make the defenders keek their pants...and the fact that if we have to have a 'big' man up front, he cant be any worse than Parkin :roll:

Have only seen him play for an hour against Hearts at home - it was a positive performance and he added something to the midfield. However based on that he is not suddenly going to be able to play centre forward - I am assuming he has never played there in his career (in fact he has only made something like 43 starts in his whole career).

We used to throw Kevin James up front when we were getting beat. It was horrendous and never worked. You need to be able to play the position in the first place. United tried it with Wilkie last season too. Their fans were horrified about it (well ODAB was........).

In my view he would not be any better than Parkin at all.

Have only seen him play for an hour against Hearts at home - it was a positive performance and he added something to the midfield. However based on that he is not suddenly going to be able to play centre forward - I am assuming he has never played there in his career (in fact he has only made something like 43 starts in his whole career).

We used to throw Kevin James up front when we were getting beat. It was horrendous and never worked. You need to be able to play the position in the first place. United tried it with Wilkie last season too. Their fans were horrified about it (well ODAB was........).

In my view he would not be any better than Parkin at all.

Fair enough Al...when I first mentioned it, in another thread some time ago, I did say that it was an idea from the deep dark recesses of my mind....I am now just going with the idea so I can claim to be magnificent if it ever happens and he plays a blinder :D

Big, can win headers and the fact that he puts himself about in the tackle....potentially make the defenders keek their pants...and the fact that if we have to have a 'big' man up front, he cant be any worse than Parkin :roll:

Rusty used to be a striker.......but as Al C says it rarely if ever works. I'd just drop Parkin unless we stop hoofing the ball.

Has to be a better option than Peaso.

I should make it up on Wednesday so please don't start with Peaso.

He played well on Saturday without really threatening. He linked well with the other strikers and his first touch was generally good. No service means no goals though!

IMHO

he didn't link well and his 1st touch was awful.

strange how differently some people see Peaso

I'd be surprised if he misplaced a pass to a fellow striker in the whole game. The problem was when he passed to Parkin the balll was essentially lost.

I only remember him failing to control one ball in the game and it was an Enckleman punt with snow on it to which he was abused by most of the people around me. Funny how some people in the stands hate Peaso no matter what he does!

Same thing happened with Alan McGregor and Cillian Sheridan. Not sure if there is a pattern there...

I'd be surprised if he misplaced a pass to a fellow striker in the whole game. The problem was when he passed to Parkin the balll was essentially lost.

I only remember him failing to control one ball in the game and it was an Enckleman punt with snow on it to which he was abused by most of the people around me. Funny how some people in the stands hate Peaso no matter what he does!

Same thing happened with Alan McGregor and Cillian Sheridan. Not sure if there is a pattern there...

My opinion has nothing to do with McGregor or Sheridan or which club he played for.

If Peaso plays well i will say, I don't happen to say it very often unfortunately:sad:

The past 2 matches Peaso I think has been shocking, falling over easily, not making the correct runs (position wise and timing), toothless.

In both matches he had one header off target and a micky mouse shot that the keeper picked up and did not lay on a chance for anyone that I can remember.

I am saying it as I see it not because of who he used to play for.