#33 - 05/03/11 - Saints 1-1 Hibs - SPL

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I take it you have a death wish saying that on here?

Not really, just saying over the last 2 home matches we have missed 4 sitters!

Another crap result with the inability to score a goal whether a sitter or a superb shot.

Liam Craig missed a sitter against Aberdeen and now Sammy missing one today.

2 points when we shoud have had 6.

Not good enough.

If we get any points it sounds as if it'll be down to Enckelman's performance in these latter stages.

? Enckelman only had a couple of routine saves today. Ref robbed us at their goal-big punt up the park from a free kick that never was, followed by their striker winning the ball while jumping with two hands on gartland's shoulders. Clear foul but nothing.

If we get any points it sounds as if it'll be down to Enckelman's performance in these latter stages.

Where are you getting that from. Enks had little to do.

Hibs were crap,almost as bad as Dons & United. 3 points when with a bit of luck ,decent referees & a striker(Deucher) we could have had 9.

Oh well thats life.At least we have had entertainment in last couple of games.

When will we score a goal ?.

FFS pardon me for posting. I was going mainly on what the guy was posting on 'timeline' FFS it's getting worse on here ye daren't say FA.

Calm down.Wasn`t having a go at you.

I am sure Dodds said it was a pretty even first half. There was only one team in it & it wasn`t Hibs.

Thought we were excellent in the first half and totally battered Hibs. They improved after the break but not sure they even merited that half being level in scores.

Can't complain about our level of performance in the last few home matches though, all against clubs with resources which dwarf our own.

Quick mention just now to Danny Invincibile as well, been a welcome addition to the side.

Thought we were excellent in the first half and totally battered Hibs. They improved after the break but not sure they even merited that half being level in scores.

Can't complain about our level of performance in the last few home matches though, all against clubs with resources which dwarf our own.

Quick mention just now to Danny Invincibile as well, been a welcome addition to the side.

Totally agree.. As for my match report.......

Gutted and fecking raging:evil:

That's my lot.

Last two performances appear to have been much more positive and looking more comfortable with the ball,just lacking a bit of composure in front of goal or a bit of luck,all be it,we got lucky with todays goal.Was saying at the game,that it looks like Del has taken the shackles off the team and decided we're safe,and really pushing on in games now.Because of the financial restrictions if we went down,i think Del has been extra wary this term,consolidation for a second season can't be a bad thing.

Funny when we play half decent theres nae mention o the shite pitch

Think Encks might mention it!! :laugh:

I think we have adapted our playing style. It definately caught a few of the Hibs players out today, and it does make it very difficult for our own guys to get decent crosses in with a moving ball. It is still crap, we just seem to have learnt to cope with it better recently.

As for the game, this side showed to its credit again how it can dominate a game. We just seem to lack that killer edge to score goals.

I actually think the own goal did us more damage than good. Had kept on controlling the game like the first half and scored ten minutes later i wouldn't have seem Hibs coming back.

Immediately after the goal we started sitting too deep, and there was some pressure from the lacklustre hibs side.

The non-foul that lead to the punt up the park and consequently the hibs goal was badly defended and we only have ourselves to blame for letting the concentration slip. Up to that point Gartland and Ando had been pretty switched on.

We never looked 'quality' enough to get a goal today and tested the keeper once.

Free scoring Brechin next week... :shock: