auld shops

Wish i was Joe McGurn

Mac Fisheries, as you went in had fish on your left and fruit on your right. Hendersons the Pet shop on old high street, Penny's the pet shop further up. Browns pet shop next to the Sally Army HQ. Garvie and Syme, the Ironmomgers. Milk in Hillyland was delivered by a white horse and a guy called Norrie. Macintyres in Bridgend used to sell mince rolls ar all hours, and the Strand... Visitors from overseas downstairs, with bad white girls, band on the next floor and disco on the top floor. And the much discussed city hall, Average White Band, Eric Clapton. Love Affair, and Sandy Shaw getting it doggy style in what should have been our changing room!!!

Mac Fisheries, as you went in had fish on your left and fruit on your right. Hendersons the Pet shop on old high street, Penny's the pet shop further up. Browns pet shop next to the Sally Army HQ. Garvie and Syme, the Ironmomgers. Milk in Hillyland was delivered by a white horse and a guy called Norrie. Macintyres in Bridgend used to sell mince rolls ar all hours, and the Strand... Visitors from overseas downstairs, with bad white girls, band on the next floor and disco on the top floor. And the much discussed city hall, Average White Band, Eric Clapton. Love Affair, and Sandy Shaw getting it doggy style in what should have been our changing room!!!

I want to hear more about the Sandie Shaw story!

• 2 months later...

Someone help me here, me and my mate were having a debate about this, the shop 'Solid Gold Games' in George Street. How long ago did it close? my mate reckons it was 10 years ago? I don't think it was that long, i'm gonna say about 04 or 05? Can someone confirm this for me?

Cheers

Aye it must be about 5 years, mind going in there when I was around 17/18 to play whatever new game he had on his playstation and have a look at the old games, used to get the odd wee gem in there. Then I got kicked out with a few of my friends for going in 2 days in a row without buying anything, never went back...no wonder the business died. I remember him having a long greasy mullet, weird guy as well like.