#35 - 19/03/11 - Hamilton Accies 0-0 Saints - SPL

If we are to have ANY chance of reaching 6th place by the split then we have to win this game. Chances are pretty slim given that we also have to play Celtic, Rangers, and Dundee Utd away but 3 points in this one is the only way we are gonna keep the chance alive. As for the Ammies, they look well and truely fecked but ........3 points here with the Midden away to Hearts would set them up nicely for their trip to New Midden Park next weekend..So a tough game is on the cards. Won't be taking the game in as I am off down south for a trip to Birmingham where I will be taking in WBA v Arsenal..

Team wise I would like to see the team that started the second half against Brechin starting the game..

Looks like a banker draw to me..

1-1

Need that win though....COYS

Edited by The ghost of Jim Morton

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6-5 Saints with Curier sent off for scoring to make it 5-5 in 90+3 mins then Peaso scores from centre spot at kick off.

The Dream.

Plus it could consign Hamilton to relegation as they have collected hee haw points and are just as crap as us in front of the goal.

Honestly, 0-0 I think.

Jamie Adam to miss Accies game due to torn hamstring! Bugger another player short, just what we need plus Danny I has a back problem:sad:.

I really want us to win this one but know what Accies are like with their boring & time wasting antics. They do pose a danger with their pace players etc.

Will happily settle for any win,

COYS, onwards & upwards. Be positive & go for it big style in the next 4 games. Nothing ventured nothing gained!

Swithering whether to go or not.Was down at Anfield last night and could do with keeping best part of £60 for wife and me!Tuesday is the bigger game now,and the money goes in Saints coffers,so will be last minute call,any win would do,but as SS says i'd love the Midden to go down too!

Accies haven't won at home but will feel if there was a winnable game this is it, likewise for St Johnstone. I think top 6 is definitely out of reach now so we're just fighting it out for mid-table mediocrity.

We're without Morris and Duberry, who are a big loss but Gartland has been solid at the back (bar a few scary moments at Brechin) and Chris Millar played brilliant through the middle against Brechin so hopefully he starts. Adams is also now out and Invincible a doubt so Sammy may be playing in midfield for this one.

Yawn, I think it's going to be a boring game. 0-0.

The top six is still on for us, if we could get 10 points out of 15 I think that could be enough. maybe even 9.

we are more than capable of getting that 6th spot.

We'd need to beat a few good teams and without loads of goals in our team I think it's just out of reach now. A draw or loss against Accies and the chances of top 6 are definitely gone.

I agree that this is a game Accies have surely had their eye on for a few weeks now. St Mirren are on course to finish with around 29 points, a total that could be higher when you consider they'll be playing teams with little to play for after the split, whilst they might still be looking over the shoulders. With that in mind, you are thinking Accies are probably going to need to win four or five matches, allowing for a few draws too. A home match against St Johnstone then has to fall into the must win category and this is their cup tie, with ours coming up on Tuesday. As a result you'd expect to see a fired up and attacking side put out by Billy Reid and if we don't match them in terms of desire, it'll be a very hard match.

Our top six hopes are faint to say the least as we'll need to win at Tannadice and beat either Rangers or Celtic at home and even then that might not be enough. The players aren't stupid and although they won't give up, they won't be playing as if we are really pushing for that sixth place. Add in a more important game coming up on Tuesday and this is a great opportunity for Accies.

Interesting to see we beat Hearts 3-0 behind closed doors on Tuesday and I wonder if that has given McInnes any food for thought in terms of team selection. Don't imagine he'll risk anyone who isn't right ahead of Tuesday either. Considering we went for a good few weeks with only Moon out injured, there are a few more missing now but not enough that it presents serious selection problems. It's four defenders from five and you'd imagine he'll stick with the four that have played over the last few weeks. Would have said there was more option for change in midfield but now seems that Adams and possibly Invincibile will be unavailable, so could be four from Millar, Davidson, Craig, Taylor and Novikovas. Up top is interesting though. Samuel and MacDonald have just started to get a run going (although appreciate neither has yet troubled the scoring charts) but will the Hamilton defence have slight concerns about facing May again after he bagged a couple against them last month?

How would you know? you been watching our games, aye?

i think we have a great chance, we have the best team we have had in years.. don't see why not

Can I tell ya why not.. We have 5 games to go, Rangers, Celtic, The Arabs Killie and Hamilton. We are 5 points (and many many goals so call it 6) behind Motherwell and 4 behind ICT. Well have Aberdeen at home which will be an easy 3 points so that makes it 9.. Kille away, Hearts away ( neither have much left to play for so at least 1 point from those two) that's 10. Not taking the home game against the Arabs into account ( although the Well have a very good record against DUFC at Fir Park) we would then have to beat, Hamilton, Killie, and DUFC (away) then take something from the OF..

I would obviously love to be wrong but I suspect you would get great odds at the bookies for us making top 6..:cry: