Scottish Cup Semi Final 16th April TRAIN CREW...

bigstu

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Will we even have time to hit any boozers before the game if Kick-off is at 12:45?

Best idea would be train to stop on the other side of Hampden from Mount Florida and head to Clockwork (at least I think that is what it is called) at bottom of hill just round corner from the car dealership at entrance to Hampden car park? Station name is Kings Park or something like that.

I am unlikely to be making it due to being Saturday match.

Will get the trains cheaper than £13.70 group save deal (4 for the price of two) Edinburgh to Glasgow, then either train or a couple of taxis to a pub near the ground.

930 train from Edinburgh should have us arriving at a pub near Hampden for 11 o'clock.

Will get the trains cheaper than £13.70 group save deal (4 for the price of two) Edinburgh to Glasgow, then either train or a couple of taxis to a pub near the ground.

930 train from Edinburgh should have us arriving at a pub near Hampden for 11 o'clock.

Is it worth someone taking on responsibility for getting train tickets (to maximise any deals available) and to make sure there is as good a contingent on the same train as possible?

Not me by the way, i'm rubbish :)

Good idea Thomas... Means we have enough time to sneak a cheeky wee Tequila in before the game too!

Aye sounds good to me

Is it worth someone taking on responsibility for getting train tickets (to maximise any deals available) and to make sure there is as good a contingent on the same train as possible?

Not me by the way, i'm rubbish :)

Any time in the past when we got the train to Glasgow before we were able to purchase group save tickets at the station, you just have to queue up at the ticket office rather than purchase them straight from a ticket machine.

Any time in the past when we got the train to Glasgow before we were able to purchase group save tickets at the station, you just have to queue up at the ticket office rather than purchase them straight from a ticket machine.

Do they stay at the same price right up until the day though?

The 09:30 train goes to Queen Street, then you have to get to Central station for the train to Mount Florida.

We would be better getting the 09:03 which goes straight to Central station. 20 mins in the station then on the train to Mount Florida. We'd be there about 10:45.

As for pubs? We were in Clockwork (when chopper took a dislike to Mr Winters :laugh:)last time for the semi against Rangers and when we lost on penalties it was Church on the Hill.

Just remembered someone upseting the police after the last game while we were waiting on the train, and for the life of me I can't remember who it was!! Anyone care to remind me:?:

The 09:30 train goes to Queen Street, then you have to get to Central station for the train to Mount Florida.

We would be better getting the 09:03 which goes straight to Central station. 20 mins in the station then on the train to Mount Florida. We'd be there about 10:45.

As for pubs? We were in Clockwork (when chopper took a dislike to Mr Winters :laugh:)last time for the semi against Rangers and when we lost on penalties it was Church on the Hill.

Just remembered someone upseting the police after the last game while we were waiting on the train, and for the life of me I can't remember who it was!! Anyone care to remind me:?:

step forward Chopper.....

Ah so it was! Singing the one about Alan McGregor :laugh:

Are you serious Andy? Surely you're going to this one mate?

Course I am mate, wouldnae miss it, just in one my random comments moments this afternoon, full of shit as usual I am, even got the Sunday off, can feel it in my blood, history will be made:D The 9:03 looks like a good shout

Bear I will probably head back to Edinbro, as got the boys with me, but will be having more than a few shandies before and after the game in Glasgow for a wee while, don't know about the rest of the mob.

I will head straight to Mount Florida area to get the kids into the boozer, as that Spoons in the centre of weegieville wanted a meal bought for every pint the last time, had more bacon butties on the table than drink.:roll:

Roll on the big day, no too fussed now about the league

I'll definately be heading through for this one - solo again as the old man has a wedding to go to (pathetic!).

The sooner the better as far as trains go, for pubs my vote would be The Clockwork, only issue is that we will be sitting at the other end of the ground.

It was the clockwork last time, only downside was that they wanted to throw us out when we started singing :evil:

Edited by geoff was right!!