Scottish Cup Semi Final 16th April TRAIN CREW...

bigstu

Sounds good to me. Did we not get a free lift there last time from a *** that worked at queen street?

Now you mention it, can remember that, just because he hated rangers and we were playing them, maybe get some random Hamilton dude hangin around this time.

Only a week to go, take it everyone is getting the 9:03 and then on to Mt Florida way, remember the tinnies for the train, too early to buy a carry out at that time:wink:

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The groupsave deal only goes from Edinburgh to Queen St, not Central.

I have spoken to a couple of guys who agree that the 9am Waverley (9.04am Haymarket) or the 9.15am Waverley (9.19am Haymarket) may be a good choice.

That way we get in to Glasgow at 10am (ish) and can go to a pub on the way to central to get a train out to Mount Florida. (Or whatever stop is closest to the pub out there)

Thoughts?

Sounds good to me. Did we not get a free lift there last time from a *** that worked at queen street?

And a splendid chap he was.

Dropped you me and my lads off at the church and would not take a penny - his only wish was that we beat these .....

One of my never to be forgotton moments in following the Saints

The groupsave deal only goes from Edinburgh to Queen St, not Central.

I have spoken to a couple of guys who agree that the 9am Waverley (9.04am Haymarket) or the 9.15am Waverley (9.19am Haymarket) may be a good choice.

That way we get in to Glasgow at 10am (ish) and can go to a pub on the way to central to get a train out to Mount Florida. (Or whatever stop is closest to the pub out there)

Thoughts?

3 of us planning on getting the train at 9.04 from Haymarket to Queen Street. I reckon we should all aim for this one, get to the station a few mins early and get organised with the groupsave deal to save some beer money!

3 of us planning on getting the train at 9.04 from Haymarket to Queen Street. I reckon we should all aim for this one, get to the station a few mins early and get organised with the groupsave deal to save some beer money!

Agreed, I take it the groupsave deal can be purchesed on the train then?

We're getting the 9:00 from Waverley, groupsave to Queens Street. NOT the 9:03 to Central.

I reckon we would need to get it at the ticket office....so would suggest being a good 15mins early, at the least, as the person working there will probably not have a clue what to do :roll:

Last time we got them we had to queue at the ticket office to as Eddie has said, leave enough time to get them.

Will join up with you all for the 0900hrs train. The three in our group need to return to Edinburgh pretty much straight after the game as we have a wedding reception to go to at night. Anyone who needs to get back to Edin. quickly after the game are welcome to join in our group booking - let me know if interested.

9:00 train gets in Queens Street at 09:51

Any ideas on a pub at that time? As Kilgour has said the Church on the hill doesn't open till 11:30.

I know many hate it... but the counting house opens at 9am. And I am guessing that if we go in at that time, we could take over a whole area for ourselves, and it wouldnt be too bad. (cheap booze too)

Bar at Waverley opens at 08:00. Will get 09:00 to Queen St. Church -on-the-Hill has been mentioned BUT it only opens at 11:30 no use. I will go to Counting House then taxi to Hampden. COYS

A taxi from The Counting House to Hampden !!!:shock:

I doubt a taxi will get much closer to the ground than the Counting House, its only 10 mins walk and thats even with us sitting in the North stand.