#37 - 02/04/11 - Saints 0-0 Kilmarnock - SPL

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thought their form might have dipped, and it did briefly, but still a dangerous side. Is Eremenko (cant be arsed worrying about the spelling) gonna be suspended for this one?

Was down at Killie for the 1-1 draw,how Mr Eremenko stayed on the pitch was beyond me.he's a wee '#/';/''#[] cheat

This will be a very difficult game, but we've got to score at some point and find some decent form before heading into the cup semi. It has to start this weekend.

Any likliehood of Jody being back? I think we miss him when he doesn't play, even if he is not playing particularly well himself.

This will be a very difficult game, but we've got to score at some point and find some decent form before heading into the cup semi. It has to start this weekend.

Any likliehood of Jody being back? I think we miss him when he doesn't play, even if he is not playing particularly well himself.

I don't think there's a chance . Doobs might be back for Rangers, but I reckon it will be the semi before Jody returns, going by the times that were quoted on injuries.

Doubt it - Spoke to him last week at Brechin game and says he hasn't been training at gym and instructed to take complete rest. All he has been doing is some light swimming - which he hates apparently. The rest might do him good so he comes back refreshed and ready for the cup games.

Mixu has left. Confirmed on BBC now.

Mixu Paatelainen leaves Kilmarnock to take Finland job

Page last updated at 12:01 GMT, Thursday, 31 March 2011 13:01 UK

BBC Scotland

Mixu Paatelainen has left Kilmarnock to take over as the manager of Finland.

"Following careful consideration Mixu has decided that the honour of managing his national team is one which he cannot refuse," read a statement from the Rugby Park club.

"He will take up his duties with the Finnish FA immediately."

Assistant manager Kenny Shiels will be in charge for Kilmarnock's trip to St Johnstone on Saturday.

Good or bad for us on Saturday? I reckon it could really unsettle them

Mixu Paatelainen leaves Kilmarnock to take Finland job

Page last updated at 12:01 GMT, Thursday, 31 March 2011 13:01 UK

BBC Scotland

Mixu Paatelainen has left Kilmarnock to take over as the manager of Finland.

"Following careful consideration Mixu has decided that the honour of managing his national team is one which he cannot refuse," read a statement from the Rugby Park club.

"He will take up his duties with the Finnish FA immediately."

Assistant manager Kenny Shiels will be in charge for Kilmarnock's trip to St Johnstone on Saturday.

Good or bad for us on Saturday? I reckon it could really unsettle them

Kenny Shiels has been as instrumental to Killies position as Mixu this season so I don't think it will make any difference.

Edited by Honest Saints Fan

mixu paatelainen leaves kilmarnock to take finland job

page last updated at 12:01 gmt, thursday, 31 march 2011 13:01 uk

bbc scotland

mixu paatelainen has left kilmarnock to take over as the manager of finland.

"following careful consideration mixu has decided that the honour of managing his national team is one which he cannot refuse," read a statement from the rugby park club.

"he will take up his duties with the finnish fa immediately."

assistant manager kenny shiels will be in charge for kilmarnock's trip to st johnstone on saturday.

well done mixu, a superb professional and a very very amicable guy.

Done well for saints and many other clubs in scottish football.

I would go as far as to say he is a legend in scottish league football.

He has his dream job, well done.

Eremenko is the danger man. I would go as far as saying he is the best player in the SPL this season. His ability and passing are brilliant but he does have a temper, which Muzz could exploit.

I'll play safe and say another draw 0-0. I would love a scrappy 1-0 but who's scoring??

Eremenko is the danger man. I would go as far as saying he is the best player in the SPL this season. His ability and passing are brilliant but he does have a temper, which Muzz could exploit.

I'll play safe and say another draw 0-0. I would love a scrappy 1-0 but who's scoring??

Not positive, but is Eremenko not suspended??

Not positive, but is Eremenko not suspended??

No, he's not. Manuel Pascali is though.

I agree with St Mikey that Eremenko has arguably been the best player in the league this season. Would certainly expect him to make the shortlist for the SPFA award, along with Hooper, Izaguirre and probably a token Rangers player, possibly even Kenny Miller ridiculously enough.

It's interesting all this stuff about the guy Shiels as from what I can gather, he wasn't great in Northern Ireland as manager of our friends in Ballymena and Coleraine. Agree with John though that Paatelainen has done a brilliant job at Killie and we missed a chance but not appointing him when Stark left, instead of the man that was always going to be a disaster.

Expecting a hard game and you're always worried because of our inability to find the back of the net but the home performances have been alright generally and if we create as much as we did against Hibs and especially Aberdeen, then surely we'll get a break. Thought when Stevie May played against Motherwell and Accies in those midweek games, he gave us that wee bit spark to compliment our solidity, so wonder if that's the route to go down again tomorrow. Would be a huge boost too if Duberry was back.

Would be a huge boost too if Duberry was back.

Agreed, but if giving him another week or so would decrease the chance of aggrevating the injury, then I would be happier to have him fit for the semi final. We have plenty games before the semi for him to get a couple under his belt for sharpness reasons

Not been much chat ahead of this game but im expecting a decent game.A win for Killie puts them in top 6 although we will be expecting a win having their manager just left.Killie fans are in the North Stand so should make a bit of a atmopshere as i have been told they are expecting a big support