#39 - 09/04/11 - Dundee Utd 2-0 Saints - SPL

• Replies 267
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think it's important now that Del plays the 2 games before the semi exactly LIKE playing the semi, meaning an up-and-at-em', attack-minded attitude from whatever 11 are on the pitch at the time.

The players need to get their mentality right for Hampden, and even if we lose both games before it, I feel with a cup-tie attitude from our team, the fans will start to get behind them, giving the players a bit of much needed confidence.

I think it's important now that Del plays the 2 games before the semi exactly LIKE playing the semi, meaning an up-and-at-em', attack-minded attitude from whatever 11 are on the pitch at the time.

The players need to get their mentality right for Hampden, and even if we lose both games before it, I feel with a cup-tie attitude from our team, the fans will start to get behind them, giving the players a bit of much needed confidence.

Agreed, the most soul destroying thing would be to be too defensive in the semi and go out 1-0, to a late goal :sad:

See how many people take heart from another clean sheet

For me this is all about keeping the first team as fit as poss. for the semi. So if the beeb is right that Mackay and Enckleman are struggling, leave them out.

Would probably play Anderson and rest him on Tues. ready for the semi where he's got to be a starter.

Despite recent form, Grainger should play and at least try and play into some form. So, Maybury- Duberry- Anderson- Grainger.

Might even be tempted to give Taylor and Caddis the incentive.

Craig- Davidson- Caddis- Taylor

May up front with Robertson.......

That's why I ain't a manager.

for me these 2 games have to be played as warm ups for the semi now that top 6 has gone, that means not resting players. if del knows his preferred 11 to start the semi then he has to play them unless they have any niggling injury doubts in that case they must not be risked.

for me thats (if jody doesnt make a miraculous come back)

Encks

Dave Doobz Ando Grainger

Invincible Millar Muzz Craig

Sammy J Ro