Who would you like at saints for next season?

saintcraigieboy

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Gary O'Connor maybe commanded big wages in a previous life but a woeful recent stint at Barnsley has just ended with his contract being terminated by mutual consent. Thinks he's the type of guy Del could get the best out of, knuckle down and he'd score us goals you'd think.

Gary O'Connor maybe commanded big wages in a previous life but a woeful recent stint at Barnsley has just ended with his contract being terminated by mutual consent. Thinks he's the type of guy Del could get the best out of, knuckle down and he'd score us goals you'd think.

That's a pretty decent shout actually. He's got a good reputation from the past, so will excite the fans and is a proven goalscorer in this league. I think we'd have to pay more than we would want to out to get him, but if we're dumping quite a lot of deadwood, we will have a bit extra available in wages. I don't think there will be a rush to get him either.

I like your thinking, but I think it would come down to what his wage demands are. Was he not on 5 figures a week not so long ago in Russia?

I knew Bolton wouldn't be too far away. Any decent player we produce will almost automatically get linked with Bolton, or wherever Coyle happens to be.

That's a pretty decent wedge for a player that cost us about £40K (I think?) 2 years ago!

I knew Bolton wouldn't be too far away. Any decent player we produce will almost automatically get linked with Bolton, or wherever Coyle happens to be.

That's a pretty decent wedge for a player that cost us about £40K (I think?) 2 years ago!

Did we not get around the same amount for momo? Last sold player for a decent price that I can remember. Makes me think Peaso cost £125,000....!

I personally think 750k is an insult. Murray Davidson is turning into a very very good player and has all the attributes to do very well in the English Premiership. If we don't get a million for him (considering how much money teams down there spend on crap) then there is something far wrong.

To be honest though I can see Geoff Brown snapping the hand off anyone who offered 500k.

750k is not to bad as long as that was just an upfront payment. I would expect another 250k for some sort of games played for the first team, 250k for interantional appearances possibly 5 or 10 and a 10-15% selling on fee. Would expect a player on loan for the season as well.

I think Muzz will leave in the summer and as long as we get a decent price I'll wish him good luck. My worry is how much I trust Del with a decent transfer budget, his record with transfers isn't exactly great.

P.S. O'Connor would be a great shout but I think he'll get another chance in the Championship or Hibs will take him back

St Johnstone could be forced to sell Murray Davidson to raise funds, with Wolves and Bolton interested in the £750,000-rated Scotland squad midfielder. (Daily Mail)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/scotland/13206127.stm

There we go, there's our budget ^_^

Rangers are poised to launch a £6m double Serie A swoop for Juventus striker Vincenczo Iaquinta and Lazio right-back Stephen Lichtsteiner if Craig Whyte's takeover of the Glasgow club is completed. (Daily Express)

First "rumor"

Stopped reading there.

You only have to watch the football league show to see how the lower league clubs are making good use of the loan system and I can see that being the route we go down.

In the long term how would people feel if we had a more firm connection with a team in the Premiership, I hate to use the word feeder club but thats the way I see Scottish football going.

In the long term how would people feel if we had a more firm connection with a team in the Premiership, I hate to use the word feeder club but thats the way I see Scottish football going.

No thanks. I would not watch Saints if they were merely a feeder club for someone else. That would be the final straw.

I am with SJFC1988 if it is ex dundee, Burnley Kevin McDonald. Thought he was outstanding for Dundee before he got his move and has lost his way abit, loaned out twice this year and is wherever Alex Rae is at the moment

On loan at Notts County

Rae is coach (big mates wi Ince)

Still think his wage demands would be massive. Not sure what our cap is but reckon he'd be on circa 8k and can't see us stretchin that far

On loan at Notts County

Rae is coach (big mates wi Ince)

Still think his wage demands would be massive. Not sure what our cap is but reckon he'd be on circa 8k and can't see us stretchin that far

hes on 5k a week, i was at college with one of his mates and thts what he said!

still think its realistic signing given that the fact davidson is in the scotland squad before him:eek: