Who would you like at saints for next season?

saintcraigieboy

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

O'Connor, MacDonald...do some people never learn? This is already worse than last season's Gallacher, Harkins and Griffiths 'done deals'.

Geoff will not sanction signings like those. It's total lala land to even think of being associated with anyone of any standing, unless that came in 1980/19090 something. We'd probably lose out on the Brechin City centre forward if we went for him, which I hope we don't.

This is going to be one hell of a long close season building folk up only for the inevitable let down to hit when we sign yet another free transfer or six.

O'Connor, MacDonald...do some people never learn? This is already worse than last season's Gallacher, Harkins and Griffiths 'done deals'.

Geoff will not sanction signings like those. It's total lala land to even think of being associated with anyone of any standing, unless that came in 1980/19090 something. We'd probably lose out on the Brechin City centre forward if we went for him, which I hope we don't.

This is going to be one hell of a long close season building folk up only for the inevitable let down to hit when we sign yet another free transfer or six.

Agreed. We couldn't get near to offering even half the money these guys would want. Lala land indeed. :laugh:

Nail hit on head. It's journey men, loan deals or the unproven for us.

I reckon hearts will want shot of Obua and, if he could be brought here on budget, could be a good attacking option for us.

Are there any decent players at Raith, who could be snapped up for cheap, now that they've missed out on promotion? Dundee players?

I reckon hearts will want shot of Obua and, if he could be brought here on budget, could be a good attacking option for us.

Are there any decent players at Raith, who could be snapped up for cheap, now that they've missed out on promotion? Dundee players?

No way. Obua is terrible.

Don't know about Raith, but Forsyth at the Dee is a quality player.

Would like to see:

defence-Scott Boyd or Darren McCormack (Rs County) Harris (qos)

midfield-John Rankin (Hibs) Gardyne (Rs Cty) Imrie (hamilton)

strikers-McAllister (brechin) MA Curier (hamilton) Nish (hibs)

Rankin and Gardyne might be worth a punt-seen them both play a few times, however, whether they are consistent or not is another question.

No doubt we'll probably go for mcAllister considering del rates him so "highly".

Curier on the otherhand can GTF :cool:

Sunday Mail have said Darren Dods will be out of contract in the summer and falkirk are in negotiations with him. Not sure if united have offered him a new contract but he is a proven premier league defender and i would definetly welcome him back to saints

At least he would score....into the wrong bloody net :neutral:

I wouldn't want him, based on the fact that I am always delighted if he is named in the team to play against us

At least he would score....into the wrong bloody net :neutral:

I wouldn't want him, based on the fact that I am always delighted if he is named in the team to play against us

I never realised he was 35! If we're signin someone of that age he'd need to be very experinced and droppin down a level or two to come to us, a la Dubes. But not someone as average as Dods

http://www.thecourier.co.uk/Sport/Football/article/13573/dundee-united-s-david-robertson-to-seek-new-challenge-with-st-johnstone.html

Dundee United's David Robertson to seek new challenge with St Johnstone

Dundee United midfielder David Robertson is set to sign for Tayside rivals St Johnstone.

This is in the courier this morning I don't know if it's just a rumour