Who would you like at saints for next season?

saintcraigieboy

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest Harry Curran's Love child
Micheal Mifsud...free agent end of the season

Bob Harris...still a decent enough defender

Tade....could do a job for us

Working in the ticket office? He is rank. Next we'll be asking for Swanks to return. Robertson with a full pre-season under him would be a welcome addition.

Bob Harris...still a decent enough defender

Well according to Radio Scotland yesterday, Queen's are letting contracts expire at the end of the season due to their financial difficulties.

So maybe an option as a rival to Grainger.

Despite the performance yesterday we will have made a fair bit I would imagine for getting to the semi and the TV games, so I expect quite a few changes in the summer.

Would be happy to see Duberry sign for another 12 months, he's helping Anderson improve (yesterday aside). As a side note, it was nice to see Duberry's family make the trip to the game yesterday.

I would really like to see Marcus Haber return on loan next season along with his team mate Chris Wood. Chris Wood is a 6' 3" striker 19 year old, watched him playing for NZ in last years world cup and was impressive, has been on loan with Brighton this season.

The link with WBA is obviously there with Del, and Enkleman is likely to of played for Roy Hodgeson when he was the Finland manager. Just a thought.

Seen him when he was at Dumbarton, granted it was 2 years ago and they were in the 3rd division but I didn't think he was a stand out.

It's going to be hard to find a better left back seeing as it is the hardest position to fill.

Danny is getting it hard on here at the moment, Craig in my opinion has had a worse season and I don't see anyone posting that we need a new left midfielder.

Where have you been

You have just totally changed the context of your argument!!

?

Craig's had a bad season but he's obviously not a bad player. Most folk know that meaning they don't rattle out about replacing him (well until the last week or so).

Grainger has had an average season but most people think there is a better replacement out there (I'm yet to be convinced and can't think of a single left back we can afford that I would rather have).

Grainger has had an average season but most people think there is a better replacement out there (I'm yet to be convinced and can't think of a single left back we can afford that I would rather have).

Bob Harris.

He would only develop his game further under Del at Saints. He's got real maturity in his game already and is only going to get better. He plays an important role around Palmy hence why he's been made Captain at such a young age. Top lad too.

We've also been after him for seasons and Queens are stuck in a bit of a rut just now, so if Douglas Rae is feeling generous feel free to pass him our way....

We're really going to suffer in the transfer this year with the cost of the pitch and the general fixture mayhem of this season. :cry:

Bob Harris.

He would only develop his game further under Del at Saints. He's got real maturity in his game already and is only going to get better. He plays an important role around Palmy hence why he's been made Captain at such a young age. Top lad too.

We've also been after him for seasons and Queens are stuck in a bit of a rut just now, so if Douglas Rae is feeling generous feel free to pass him our way....

We're really going to suffer in the transfer this year with the cost of the pitch and the general fixture mayhem of this season. :cry:

Not for me. If he was good enough he'd be playing in the SPL already.

He's been the "next big thing" for years now and no-one has signed him and there's no way it's because QOS have asked for too much money.

Not for me. If he was good enough he'd be playing in the SPL already.

He's been the "next big thing" for years now and no-one has signed him and there's no way it's because QOS have asked for too much money.

It completely is - but he's still learning his game and knows how much too much too soon goes against up and coming players. QoS have a heavy price tag on him, clubs are really having to watch how much they are paying and any player knows himself the pressure of the price tag when moneyis involved. I'm sure Harris is dying to play in the SPL and test himself against the best, but he's learning his game and developing at a steady rate.

Also I think it's clear through the media he generally enjoys his time at QoS, enjoys the club and to walk away with unfinished business as club captain would be difficult for him.

I often think people forget it takes for defenders to mature into their game and become great defenders. Same with goalkeepers.

With the likelyhood af at least 6 players leaving at the end of the season Del is going to have get his act together quickly with getting new faces in. I would jump at the chance of getting Haber back, I liked his attitude and style of play. I would keep Parkin, May and Reynolds but tbh if anyone came in for Sammy, Peaso and Jacko I would let them leave. Novikovas will go back to Hearts, Taylor can go anywhere he likes and I wouldn't bother with Invisible. Mooner and Adams have yet to prove to me they're worth keeping. Defence is ok but I would imagine Doobs will leave at the end of the season.

I can't see us getting in anything better than we did this season with some journeymen coming in from the English lower leagues and a couple of loan signings to make up the squad.

Personally I'd like him to go for Slane (Celtic), Little (Rangers), Haber(WBA), Craig Dawson (WBA), Glen (Hearts)

We've got plenty experience so youth is the way forward for me