Who would you like at saints for next season?

saintcraigieboy

I can see us going for Daryl Duffy to be honest. Doesn't inspire me despite him being quite a good player at one point but his injury/form record of recent times isn't great. Probably the type of player we can expect to sign though...something to prove...injuries hampered career....used to be quite good....etc

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see us going for Daryl Duffy to be honest. Doesn't inspire me despite him being quite a good player at one point but his injury/form record of recent times isn't great. Probably the type of player we can expect to sign though...something to prove...injuries hampered career....used to be quite good....etc

Seems to have spent most of his career on loan.

Read a few mentions of Le Fondre ar Rotherham - they are looking for over £1.5million for him so get that thought right our your heads. Think the same could be said for Chris Woods who has been fantastic for Brighton.

I do however think we're in for quite an exciting time. Del is right, there are far to many players that have gone stale and are just not performing. Personally, i'd let Peaso, Sammy, Jacko, Gartland, Maybury and Invisible all go.

And I'd also be tempted to cash in on Davidson. Even £500k would mean so much to the club and would make the re-building job much easier.

Agreed to have Haber back would be fantastic - but I have doubts over how fit he really is and I wouldnt want him coming to us just to prove how fit he was.

The modern game is all about pace and that is something we have absolutely none of - that is what needs to be addressed and the rumour i've heard about Colin Nish does not inspire me.

The fact is we are going to be looking at the lower end of the market - I would take a punt on the likes of McAllister at Brechin, I would even suggest that McMenamin at Queens could be worth a shout.

If we're working on the basis Doobs aint going to be here next season - there's a guy Mbu at Cowdenbeath who could be worth a look.

The Saints twitter page is reporting we are linked with moves for Bob Harris, Craig Forsyth and Rory McAllister.

Dont want McAllister, would take Forsyth anyday, bit of height and pace on the left, would also take Harris, but not sure I'd want him as 1st choice LB, he needs to prove himself.

I think Darryl Duffy would be a pretty good signing for us and would be happy for us to take a chance on him.

David Graham at Dunfermline always impressed me,a bit of pace and scores a few too,thoughts?

Dunfermline fans don't rate him as one of their best strikers and he has a reputation for being a bit disruptive behind the scenes.

For me too lightweight and been around too many teams without being a real success anywhere.

More inclined to go for Radford's suggestion of Duffy.

Re the left back position Stevenson before Harris for me and I don't think we will offer enough cash to tempt Forsyth or McAllister.

Having seen him this year the one that really got away last close season was Hayes at ICT. I would like us to go for Imrie at Hamilton and perhaps his young team mate Tom Crawford.

From the lower leagues what about Aaron Sinclair who we have been interested in before and Grant Anderson at Stenny. Both have real pace and have had good reviews over the season.

The Saints twitter page is reporting we are linked with moves for Bob Harris, Craig Forsyth and Rory McAllister.

I hope to the high heavens none of them come.

John Rankin for left midfield, Craig at left back if Grainger decides to go.

Money is the main issue if we finish 9th or 10th.

I am being realistic and not expecting us to sign any players who are playing regular league football at any level in England above the Conference North or South or top six football in Scotland so there is no chance that any of us will have seen most of the new signings play.

Long gone are the days of the early 90's when we could sign players from similar ranked teams in Scotland for big cash, ie Wright, Rhodes, Irons and Dodds

I am being realistic and not expecting us to sign any players who are playing regular league football at any level in England above the Conference North or South or top six football in Scotland so there is no chance that any of us will have seen most of the new signings play.

Long gone are the days of the early 90's when we could sign players from similar ranked teams in Scotland for big cash, ie Wright, Rhodes, Irons and Dodds

Totally agree. Another lot of out of contract lower league English players, Was McKay and Davidson the last transfer fee paid for anyone?

Would really like to see Michael Higdon here, but no doubt there will be a couple of english clubs looking at him. Cracking target man.

Craig Forsyth is another decent shout, good competition for Liam.

Also Haber, his contract is up at the end of the season, but wages will be the problem...

Is Ryan Flynn at Falkirk a realistic target? Fantastic player.

Tam Scobbie?

if we sign imrie i wont be back!

why he gives his all every game so what if he`s cocky and arrogant he would bring alot to the team attacking wise personally i would love del to go for him

so if your saying you or imrie see ya later pal he wins hands down and your only going the now because your getting in for free