Who would you like at saints for next season?

saintcraigieboy

• Replies 363
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What about Leon Knight? Think he plays in Ireland just now and seems to be quite good pals with Jody. Think he has a bit of a rascal reputation but that isn't always a bad thing.

You could say that... from his wiki page:

Knight had a falling out with Brighton manager Mark McGhee, which culminated in Knight being thrown off the team bus in the middle of the New Forest en route to a match against Southampton on 2 January 2006

Knight moved to Swansea City shortly afterwards. His stay at the Liberty Stadium was short-lived, and he was placed on the transfer list in October 2006, due to a poor attitude

In January 2008, Knight signed for Wycombe Wanderers. On 19 August 2008, Knight's contract was "terminated by mutual consent"

Knight joined Scottish side Hamilton Academical on 21 August 2009. He was sent off for his role in a tunnel brawl after a win over Heart of Midlothian despite being an unused substitute during the game. Knight was later released by Hamilton on 14 January 2010

Knight was released by the QOS at the end of the 2009-10 season

Doesn't sound great!

Now come on, we are looking for a good calibre of player not some guy that plies his trade at Barcelona. I was thinking Ronaldo and Gattuso myself.

Naw, Gattuso would bring trouble. He's a nut job.

Messi = proven goal scorer. He ticks all the boxes. :cool:

Martin Hardie nets his 7th goal in 9 games for the Fifers. Did we let him go to hastily?

No. He's not good enough for the SPL.

Apart from that minor detail, having someone back at Saints who celebrates a Saints defeat whilst still one of our players is unthinkable.

No. He's not good enough for the SPL.

Apart from that minor detail, having someone back at Saints who celebrates a Saints defeat whilst still one of our players is unthinkable.

Agreed with you on the saints strip thread but not here.

Hardie was magnificent today. He almost single handedly won the game for the Pars. Everything good was because of him. Seriously, without him they wouldn't be where they are. Eight goals in 9 games, from midfield. That's almost half of our whole season's league goals on his own. I know its a division below. I wasn't happy we let him go, although I understand why.

We lack ANY form of creativity whatsoever. So much for our much vaunted midfield. For me, I wouldn't care if any/all of them left. NONE of them have the passion, commitment and drive of a fit Hardie. You won't see a team with him in it playing sideways/reverse football.

Never mind, I'll still be there on Monday night to usher in the revolution and to cheer on the Saints, good , bad or indifferent. :laugh:

Not sure of the facts, but they did say on the radio that he is usually subbed because a full 90 mins kills him - so the answer is still no.

The talk on the radio was that he will defo get offered a new deal at the Pars....so I guess we will see next season if he can still play in the SPL. What will we be saying if he is sitting up there in the scoring charts and our midfield couldnae fill an egg box between them