M.P.T.C Committee-The Future/funds etc

I have kept my council about this in public, ie the Forum but i feel the time is right to share my views.

Most will know i was am MPTC member for years, sold Football cards in theClub and on buses,took the stewardship on any extra buses we had and helped out in General.It was me in fact that organised the first of 2 meetings in the summer when other"committee" memberes couldnt be arsed.Unfortunately i timed the meeting for when i was on holiday and missed it.My best friend for many a year was there though and gave me a run down on events.

He tells me he was called a trouble maker for asking Questions, that a vote of 15-2 to go to the Railway club was ignored out of hand.

He questioned what was to happen to 3 grand of funds and who would look after it

There was a question also about home buses, some of these guys dont even go to games any more, some get the service bus and drink in the town,they did not go to every away game but went to some so are a loss to the MPTC.

From a personal point of view i would have been happy to go to either Club, but would have more than likley voted for the Railway Club as we would have been able to retain a home bus. But to ignore a 15-2 vote is outrageous!!!!

I was pretty much raging when i heard this and decided that i was not going to go to away games with the MPTC, a very hard decision to make.

I also had to make a decision that i was not going to make so many away games due to finance.

At the start of the Season i joined the 208 bus , went to Inverness with them and had a braw time.Some thing niggled away inside about this though and i was considering changing my mind, until at a home game i was verbaly challenged by a MPTC official about my Loyalty to Saints, as a life long Saints fan i found this insulting at best!

!Then lots of stories came out at how it was being run and i quickly decided my first decision was the right one.

For me to ever even think about coming back the following are needed

A well run and organised Committee with

a Chairperson

a Secretary

a Treauserer

consideration should also be given to fund raising with at lesast 2 general Committe members , one who's duties could be fundfraising

In my opinion it also needs to be constituted with alll monies acountable.

Consideration should also be given to the times buses leave, the times for one bus are fine, but on occasion where therte is a need for more than one bus , consideration at least should be made to making that bus a more "Social" bus with earlier leaving times and booking into a pub/ Social Club at away venues.this would perhaps win back some of the ones who have chosen to travel on different buses.The attitude by those running the buses to any pub related "TALK! when i was last on the bus was HOSTILE at best.this attitude to what a lot of folk see as a day out, is not the way forward.

I agree with ghostie on this one as well and i admire him for keeping going on the buses and being loyal to the Travell Club.I was questioned by a friend what i have against the Tulloch? The answer was simple -Nothing!although not a regular i have been to good night outs there and as in the Quarter final will be getting Erchies bus to the Semi.You have to ask though why so many people(2 buses) are getting Erchies service and not the MPTC, i hinted on one answer earlier-Booked into a Socilal Club before the game!!

I mean no one any harm with these comments and im sure they do there best, but untill views are listened to and some of the above points actioned, things cant get any better, i still have the Travell club at heart and it might only take some of these things to happen to lure me back

Great post Gav and I thoroughly agree with everything you have said. You should put this on the Facebook MPTC group page as well. Cant understand why one person is being allowed to dictate to everybody what happens. I wont be back on the bus after the terrible way I have been treated and I was speaking to a fellow forummer who posts all the information on here and he says he wont be back either after the treatment he has received. Terrible shame that this has happened to a terrific bus which we have had many happy days on and if it was run properly could be great again as there is definately the demand there.

Great post Gav and I thoroughly agree with everything you have said. You should put this on the Facebook MPTC group page as well. Cant understand why one person is being allowed to dictate to everybody what happens. I wont be back on the bus after the terrible way I have been treated and I was speaking to a fellow forummer who posts all the information on here and he says he wont be back either after the treatment he has received. Terrible shame that this has happened to a terrific bus which we have had many happy days on and if it was run properly could be great again as there is definately the demand there.

Done!!

Great post Gav.

I rarely travel by supporters bus but when i do it was mostly to the MPTC i would turn to.Over the years i have bought a membership for the travel club ,some years i didnt but still used the MPTC.

Since i wasnt a regular on the buses i refrained from attending any decision making meetings or the politics therein.

Personally i was astounded to hear the MPTC was moving to the tulloch.I felt it was too close too the successful jeany/208 bus,just my view though.

Maybe its time to take on board your views .Start afresh with an alternate travel club based somewhere in town along the lines you suggest.Let the old MPTC rest in peace.

Great post Gav.

I rarely travel by supporters bus but when i do it was mostly to the MPTC i would turn to.Over the years i have bought a membership for the travel club ,some years i didnt but still used the MPTC.

Since i wasnt a regular on the buses i refrained from attending any decision making meetings or the politics therein.

Personally i was astounded to hear the MPTC was moving to the tulloch.I felt it was too close too the successful jeany/208 bus,just my view though.

Maybe its time to take on board your views .Start afresh with an alternate travel club based somewhere in town along the lines you suggest.Let the old MPTC rest in peace.

As i have said nothing at all against the Tulloch Club, but the very reason the Railway Club was ideal as the Tuloch is far to near to the 208 set up

Hopefully a new bus will be in place for next season. Some work is now going on behind the scenes to organise this and once I have something more concrete I will post some details. It's a shame things have come to this but the whole idea of a club is to benefit it's members and the way things are right now, the MPTC does not do that.

Hopefully a new bus will be in place for next season. Some work is now going on behind the scenes to organise this and once I have something more concrete I will post some details. It's a shame things have come to this but the whole idea of a club is to benefit it's members and the way things are right now, the MPTC does not do that.

I would like to be involved in this mate

I haven't used the MPTC bus for years. It used to be great to have a couple of pints at the Dunkeld Road club then go to away games. The last straw for me was when they hired a bus more suited for picking up folk going to the berries. It was an old double-decker with uncomfortable seats. It went 20 miles an hour up the bypass and, worst of all, had NO TOILET! Unbelievable, considering it was a bus running from a pub where a lot of people had been drinking. In my opinion, the focus was on trying to make profit and, by the time I decided I wasn't going back, the MPTC had become very "clique-y".

• 11 months later...